Wheelerdealer1

Dealer Auction - Any better now?

9 hours ago, BHM said:

I suspect Tesco don’t make them in my size :unsure:

AD, you’ll like this description of the vehicle. Do you notice what is actually missing from this description? ;

PLEASE CALL TO ARRANGE COLLECTION PRIOR TO TURNING UP. OUR CARS ARE STORED OFF SITE, COLLECTION MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9.00 AM UNTIL 4.30 PM ONLY. UNLESS PRIOR ARRANGEMENT Please note: None of our trade vehicles are mechanically appraised through our workshops nor do we road test them in any way, and they are strictly sold as seen- we will however list any faults that we do know about/notice. Once the vehicle has left site there will be no partial or full refunds, so please check the vehicle over before driving away whether that be you or your delivery agent. Please allow £200 for reconditioning charges as mistakes can be made and we may miss the odd item on a car. Prompt 3 day collection must be met in order to purchase this vehicle, Mon-Fri. Please inform us before you collect the vehicle of a rough date/time as our trade vehicles are stored off-site. After this period we reserve the right to cancel the sale and relist the vehicle if we think it is necessary. Payment must be made by Debit/Credit card in person with pin confirmation, BAC's or cash upto £5000. If you are paying by BAC's, once you have processed the payment please send us a screen shot of the transaction to the email provided on our Dealer-Auction so we can identify it easier in our banking. We also ask that you pay at least 24 hours before collection as BAC's is not instant and we will not release a vehicle until the funds are definitely in our account. Thank you and good luck

The description ;)

Perhaps DA should  explain what a fully appraised detailed  description is to the main dealers....

www.Dealer-Auction.com is a unique online auction offering Trade cars direct from Franchised Main Dealers nationwide. 

You will have the chance to view, bid and buy trade vehicles from Franchised Main Dealers you may not normally have the opportunity to buy from.

Our comprehensive vehicle listings give potential buyers the opportunity to view a fully detailed online vehicle appraisal along with photographs of the vehicle before placing a bid.

Using an intelligent bidding system you can place "Your Maximum Bid" on a listed vehicle and it will bid up to this on your behalf. This gives you the opportunity to buy a vehicle without the need to constantly monitor the auction

The general manager, Hodges if he’s still in heading up the show, has absolutely zero interest or intention of implementing this. Months ago he actually said to me something along the lines of if he wanted to instigate a professional appraisal then we (DA) would have to add £400 to cover the costs and then nobody would use us. I kid you not. Apparently getting an outside appraiser at £400 per car was his ridiculous response to my impertinent suggestion of simply enforcing vendors to abide by the DA rules they’d signed up for. This was just one of the many gems of wisdom I received.

Look at anyone on here who’s had a complaint regarding vendor’s professionalism. Forget the mealy mouthed response, what has the final outcome actually been? Something between the lines of sweet f.a. to nothing whatsoever.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BHM said:

The general manager, Hodges if he’s still in heading up the show, has absolutely zero interest or intention of implementing this. Months ago he actually said to me something along the lines of if he wanted to instigate a professional appraisal then we (DA) would have to add £400 to cover the costs and then nobody would use us. I kid you not. Apparently getting an outside appraiser at £400 per car was his ridiculous response to my impertinent suggestion of simply enforcing vendors to abide by the DA rules they’d signed up for. This was just one of the many gems of wisdom I received.

Look at anyone on here who’s had a complaint regarding vendor’s professionalism. Forget the mealy mouthed response, what has the final outcome actually been? Something between the lines of sweet f.a. to nothing whatsoever.

its like everything else if traders all stuck together and boycotted the show then the business model would have to change or fold

unfortunately whilst your fellow traders are agreeing to boycott you will find them gleefully in the background bidding thinking ha one less bidder against me

so the answer is as always plough your own field and feck the others because its the only way

TV would agree but he threw in the towel in my opinion as theres only so much muck a back furrow can shift

• Like 2

I've said it before and I'll say it again........ Rating system would cut the wheat from the chaff. If a vendor was constantly having bad ratings then the prices they achieve for their stock would reflect this thus management would have to change their business model with the trade side in order to get decent money from the buyers on there. I don't buy off there any more, fed up with liars and having to get train tickets back, when I walked away from a car that took me around 5 hours to get to (3/4 different trains etc) then I made the decision to cut ties. I've had the arguments with Ian (Hodges as BHM referred to him as) and you just get a load of bull from him, there's no enforcing their policy that Jack references in the post above at all yet they won't shut that vendor off either as it's an income stream. 

Jason hit the nail on the head it would take a mass boycott for anything to be done but sadly this will never happen 

17 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

its like everything else if traders all stuck together and boycotted the show then the business model would have to change or fold

unfortunately whilst your fellow traders are agreeing to boycott you will find them gleefully in the background bidding thinking ha one less bidder against me

so the answer is as always plough your own field and feck the others because its the only way

TV would agree but he threw in the towel in my opinion as theres only so much muck a back furrow can shift

I think he's just taken a hiatus from contributing on the forum? Hope it's temporary as it's not the same without him.

Sytner has a rating system, but who knows if it makes any difference.  

It's not to be forgotten that WE are not DA's customers in their opinion.  Same again with AT (and Car Gurus) where it's all about the punter- not the people actually spending money with them.

I will say again though that there are some great Dealers on DA.

Edited by NOACROSS

the reality is all of these online company's like DA are valued on the basis of number of e-clicks / users, its likely DA will be hoping at some point to cash out the same as autotrade-mail did with selling to autotrader, DA will have zero appetite for getting rid of dishonest sellers as it affects the numbers, regulating it so the seller has more credibility only earns that seller more money, it would not earn DA any extra money, like all online based company's the value is in the amount of users - not the quality of the users, hence its unlikely things will change.

if they start telling the vendors how they "must" use the system - the dishonest ones leave and the honest ones take offence because in their eyes they were doing things right anyway, the result is the platform becomes worth less money, instead its easy for DA to quote "guidelines" for sellers which we know is not worth toffee.

i only ever used the site once the result being an arrogant sales manager thinking i was mug of the week ,so i decided to police the situation myself - bought an a4 avant from an audi franchise, phone call later all good and we will see you tomorrow for collection, i drive 130 miles with my trailer, car looked great, i say is it ok too run it up the road, yes fine they say see you in a while, result is the gearbox is winding-badly, i return the car and leave, could not at this point even be bothered to speak to them, i set off for home and ring them, the cocky manager says its a trade car and the local trade buyers would have take the problem on the chin, i say they havn't though have they hence youv'e dragged me 130 miles to try and took me up on DA, i tell him iv'e left the keys on reception and hang up, half hour later he rings me saying cant find the keys, i tell him again left on reception and hang up, over the next few hours they keep ringing and i just ignored them, they never did find the keys because they came home with me...not a nice thing to do but f**k them they deserved it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

the reality is all of these online company's like DA are valued on the basis of number of e-clicks / users, its likely DA will be hoping at some point to cash out the same as autotrade-mail did with selling to autotrader, DA will have zero appetite for getting rid of dishonest sellers as it affects the numbers, regulating it so the seller has more credibility only earns that seller more money, it would not earn DA any extra money, like all online based company's the value is in the amount of users - not the quality of the users, hence its unlikely things will change.

if they start telling the vendors how they "must" use the system - the dishonest ones leave and the honest ones take offence because in their eyes they were doing things right anyway, the result is the platform becomes worth less money, instead its easy for DA to quote "guidelines" for sellers which we know is not worth toffee.

i only ever used the site once the result being an arrogant sales manager thinking i was mug of the week ,so i decided to police the situation myself - bought an a4 avant from an audi franchise, phone call later all good and we will see you tomorrow for collection, i drive 130 miles with my trailer, car looked great, i say is it ok too run it up the road, yes fine they say see you in a while, result is the gearbox is winding-badly, i return the car and leave, could not at this point even be bothered to speak to them, i set off for home and ring them, the cocky manager says its a trade car and the local trade buyers would have take the problem on the chin, i say they havn't though have they hence youv'e dragged me 130 miles to try and took me up on DA, i tell him iv'e left the keys on reception and hang up, half hour later he rings me saying cant find the keys, i tell him again left on reception and hang up, over the next few hours they keep ringing and i just ignored them, they never did find the keys because they came home with me...not a nice thing to do but f**k them they deserved it.

It does appear that DA has changed from a professional, honest way for one business to sell to another business, to the 'bought it how you saw it' business model of the average car auction.

52 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

They were acquired by Cox Automotive (own Manheim) a while back.

Cox also owned Motors until recently so maybe DA could get sold on again. 

Wasn't there some time up between DA and AT happening or did I dream it? 

1 hour ago, awc1000 said:

they never did find the keys because they came home with me...not a nice thing to do but f**k them they deserved it.

Seems like I've let them off lightly. In fact, how many of you are banned from certain dealers on DA? Im currently on a ban from BCC in Bolton (name drop, not really bothered as I found them a shower of shite). A wasted 800 mile round trip a couple of years back to collect a 2010 Clio Estate, sorry, builders van. It was a shed, stinking of fags, head-lining damaged, seat damaged, it needed a new interior and was described as being in "nice condition". After inspecting it I strolled back in, dropped keys on the desk told him I what I thought and then left. Didn't even wait for an answer so they banned me. I couldn't give a toss as when I see their listings, I just think, probably another piece of crap.

I did also get banned from a dealer in Somerset which was a bit more annoying as at the time it was the closest dealer on DA to me!  Then, after a couple of years and without asking, I got reinstated. No idea why! 

Edited by CRW

I hate main dealers with a passion they look down their noses at used car dealers like we are all gypos. I seldom buy anything on there tbh I'd rather pay abit more from BCA. 

• Like 1

I am not overly familiar with da, it’s not a platform I have used. Is it just a case of registering or is there a subscription fee etc?

8 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

I am not overly familiar with da, it’s not a platform I have used. Is it just a case of registering or is there a subscription fee etc?

Both. Annual fee and a buyers fee. It’s not a lot though.  

8 hours ago, MarkTVS said:
Edited by NOACROSS

I don’t wish to appear rude but is there any chance of some punctuation? I cannot follow some of the posts on here.

12 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

et tu brutus

so yar gunna join and give these people your wonga even though i have started a petition to get us all to boycott it:lol:

Looks to me like there’s lots of cars not making reserve on there. Is it the same at BCA etc at the mo?

28 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Looks to me like there’s lots of cars not making reserve on there. Is it the same at BCA etc at the mo?

Based on my BCA walsall experience yesterday not really id say 70% of what i saw sold but i wasn't in the hall the whole time.

What happens if you are barred from a dealer on DA? Does the system not accept your bids in the first place or can you win an auction but then get told to do one? 

2 hours ago, Frankieola said:

What happens if you are barred from a dealer on DA? Does the system not accept your bids in the first place or can you win an auction but then get told to do one? 

You lose the 'bid' button for any listing from that dealer.

Put an  RCZ on my watch list last night. A quick bit of research this morning shows this Vauxhall Dealer currently selling a 2004 Peugeot 206 CC amongst it's other pearls. Now removed from my watch list and let's be honest, if anybody buys this and gets bit then they have only themselves to blame.

14 minutes ago, sparky said:

RCZ 

are these still on the hot wall?

i thought it was now on the cool wall

On 4/17/2019 at 11:00 AM, Wheelerdealer1 said:

Hi all

I am thinking of signing back up to Dealer Auction after leaving last year, for anyone who still uses it has there been any changes to the terrible descriptions and unhelpful dealers ? Any feedback appreciated 

Thanks

WD

No its still crap if you want to waste yoyr time money and effort dont bother signing back up to be fair its not all Dealer auctions fault its the main dealers that take the piss and waste our time 

4 hours ago, Len said:

No its still crap if you want to waste yoyr time money and effort dont bother signing back up to be fair its not all Dealer auctions fault its the main dealers that take the piss and waste our time 

Agree do on that, new system is great for filtering but actually winning cars is another drama. portal tool is good but no dealer is selling at those prices. And as for descriptions they must have eye sight issues when viewing then writing it. 

Now that DA has been swallowed up by Autotrader, it now costs £99 per month and the site seems pretty clunky to me. Shame, I always likes DA, simple to use, no drafty auction halls etc. Sure there was the occasional crap main dealer, as there are some crap independent dealers. Always tried to give a fair description and relied on a similar give and take attitude. DA were merely a means of locating stock, why have a pop at them? Auctions sell duff cars, and do you swear at Autotrader if you look at a duff car?   Personally I would welcome a replacement for DA,   a similar site, policed by motor trade experienced owners with reasonable charges. What is the consensus for what would be a sensible monthly charge and vehicle purchase cost per unit.