Wheelerdealer1

Dealer Auction - Any better now?

7 minutes ago, Legarcy said:

Now that DA has been swallowed up by Autotrader, it now costs £99 per month and the site seems pretty clunky to me. Shame, I always likes DA, simple to use, no drafty auction halls etc. Sure there was the occasional crap main dealer, as there are some crap independent dealers. Always tried to give a fair description and relied on a similar give and take attitude. DA were merely a means of locating stock, why have a pop at them? Auctions sell duff cars, and do you swear at Autotrader if you look at a duff car?   Personally I would welcome a replacement for DA,   a similar site, policed by motor trade experienced owners with reasonable charges. What is the consensus for what would be a sensible monthly charge and vehicle purchase cost per unit.

IF OnLY SuCh a SIte ExISTed OmG

That's why I asked the question...………. if course everyone would describe accurately , pay promptly and life would be lovely.!

• Haha 1

not bought anything off DA since trader got involved... trying to justify doubling subscription with their usual bollox that they've added more features blah blah blah.

in my opinion ruined a site that was working fine, and i guarantee buyers fees will go up with in the next couple of months.

they can fuck off.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

not bought anything off DA since trader got involved... trying to justify doubling subscription with their usual bollox that they've added more features blah blah blah.

in my opinion ruined a site that was working fine, and i guarantee buyers fees will go up with in the next couple of months.

they can fuck off.

Plus one. 

• Like 1

Plus two.  In an ideal world, what would you like to do to improve the old DA site, were the charges about right, would the addition of dealer ratings have any merit?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Legarcy said:

Plus two.  In an ideal world, what would you like to do to improve the old DA site, were the charges about right, would the addition of dealer ratings have any merit?

Bearing in mind, like all auctions, it’s run for the benefit of the vendors, I’d be surprised if they’d even let themselves be rated? Who would have the muscle to make that happen, certainly not buyers, they’re ten a penny?

4 minutes ago, metcars said:

Bearing in mind, like all auctions, it’s run for the benefit of the vendors, I’d be surprised if they’d even let themselves be rated? Who would have the muscle to make that happen, certainly not buyers, they’re ten a penny?

I was thinking more along the lines of the sellers being rated, by the buyers!!

3 minutes ago, Legarcy said:

I was thinking more along the lines of the sellers being rated, by the buyers!!

Yeah, you might want to reread my post?

vendor = seller

buyer = buyer

1 minute ago, metcars said:

Yeah, you might want to reread my post?

vendor = seller

buyer = buyer

Apologies, got you now. So, hypothetically , if DA was to re incarnate in some way, and you had some input into its operation what would you want to see?

Keep it main dealer only for selling?  Trustpilot type ratings for both buyers and sellers? Just saying...……..

Just now, Legarcy said:

Apologies, got you now. So, hypothetically , if DA was to re incarnate in some way, and you had some input into its operation what would you want to see?

Keep it main dealer only for selling?  Trustpilot type ratings for both buyers and sellers? Just saying...……..

Ask yourself why they would even want to be rated? Bad dealers have much to loose, good ones have little or nothing to gain? Can you imagine BCA/manheim trying to do the same? 

The trouble with ALL auctions is the lack of honest descriptions. The game is resisting doing it at all costs!

This week we got locked out, the original £100 a year on old DA was honoured and then not after 2 months. SO rather that tell us we had to pay £100 a month they stopped the account. yet neither autotrader or DA could tell me why I was at a register page for a day and half :blink:  

Limited stock, looks like the dealers have moved away from the site. zero response or quick response on cars won (bank info or please collect the car) back to the auctions for stock. 

Still miffed how selling a car with a ticking time bomb engine isn't a waste or time and effort #RetailReady <_<  

16 hours ago, metcars said:

If it was introduced the vendors wouldn’t have a choice. Sytner do just that & let’s be honest, some of the prices on there, even from those with poor ratings, can be eye watering.

The response to any form of ratings are VASTLY overrated - if people think the price is right they’ll buy. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BHM said:

If it was introduced the vendors wouldn’t have a choice. Sytner do just that & let’s be honest, some of the prices on there, even from those with poor ratings, can be eye watering.

The response to any form of ratings are VASTLY overrated - if people think the price is right they’ll buy. 

To be fair I have paid strong money to ensure getting a vehicle that is  "pre sold "  when you know there is whatever profit left in the deal.  If everybody described accurately then who needs a rating system. It is interesting to see the comments re selling condition, I always was on the harsh side with descriptions when selling on DA and had virtually no blowback, it seems other were less diligent....

18 hours ago, Jack Regan said:

they can fuck off.

Plus two. 

From our point of view, the more people that leave Dealer Auction, the cheaper the cars should be, as there are less people bidding in them.

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

From our point of view, the more people that leave Dealer Auction, the cheaper the cars should be, as there are less people bidding in them.

If only that was true I see it as the decent buyers leave the pond life that shouldn’t be in there in the first place will remain and continue to feed the main dealers goal to offload crap at any price. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

If only that was true I see it as the decent buyers leave the pond life that shouldn’t be in there in the first place will remain and continue to feed the main dealers goal to offload crap at any price. 

That is one of the issues, it used to be franchised dealers only, but anyone can sell on there now. I particularly enjoy the buy it now cars that Autotrader say are over retail prices....

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

That is one of the issues, it used to be franchised dealers only, but anyone can sell on there now. I particularly enjoy the buy it now cars that Autotrader say are over retail prices....

I dont see that being the crux of the issue, for me the issue is dealer auction will allow almost anyone sign up with homemade vat number and purchase cars, there is no way on this earth i could compete with the guy who doesnt declare a single thing offers no services other than a burner phone and a picture of his backside heading off into the sunset with the customers money never to be seen again, they know it we know it everyone knows it but it gets them sales and keep the dealers listing cars with them so it will never change.

11 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I dont see that being the crux of the issue, for me the issue is dealer auction will allow almost anyone sign up with homemade vat number and purchase cars, there is no way on this earth i could compete with the guy who doesnt declare a single thing offers no services other than a burner phone and a picture of his backside heading off into the sunset with the customers money never to be seen again, they know it we know it everyone knows it but it gets them sales and keep the dealers listing cars with them so it will never change.

Absolutely correct. I think I’m cheapish but there are lads buying cars & proud to be working for £4-500 a bonnet. Tbh there are some on the bangers who work on £2-300 a bonnet, some are even paying out for cheap storage units & Autotrader!

How on earth they pay the bills, pay a decent wage & sell safe cars is beyond me, although I suspect the last one doesn’t concern them too much.

Can anyone confirm the deal with DA. I have 6 months left on my subs with the "old" DA and now Autotrader say I have to pay them a new monthly sub to stay listed and access the site.  What are others experiencing. The new site is pants in my opinion. Thanks.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Legarcy said:

Can anyone confirm the deal with DA. I have 6 months left on my subs with the "old" DA and now Autotrader say I have to pay them a new monthly sub to stay listed and access the site.  What are others experiencing. The new site is pants in my opinion. Thanks.

I think they changed it so everyone has to pay the new subscription price according to the posts I've read here but I'm not 100 percent sure  

Edited by Casper

Hi. If you were already with them previously, then it’s now £200 or so a year. Not a month. 

Give them a buzz to clarify. DA that is.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Hi. If you were already with them previously, then it’s now £200 or so a year. Not a month. 

Give them a buzz to clarify. DA that is.

If you are an existing dealer it is " negotiable ", however if you are not currently with DA and starting a new agreement it is a mere £99 PER MONTH! Please and thank you.....

16 hours ago, Legarcy said:

Did you not get an email off them ? this is the table they sent out 

dealerauction.jpg

3 hours ago, Highlinev8 said:

Did you not get an email off them ? this is the table they sent out 

dealerauction.jpg

Thanks Highline, nope, no offer to send it, just said it would £99.00 per month... obvs with an existing account as above... not sure I want to continue, back up poor,  site not as easy to list as old site, same old same old Autotrader...…..