Arfur Dealy

Pet hates...What really bugs you....

It really bugs me when I get missed calls with no message, sometimes multiple calls in a short period of time... What is wrong with these people, it’s so fecking rude. 

• Like 1

People not turning up to “appointment only”, then switching their phone off. 

• Like 2

It’s the ones that call again and again and again when you’re dealing with their complaint or fixing their car. I always ring them back like “I have 9 missed calls from you?” They always reply like “yeah I was just wondering...” I then say something like “9 times though?”. Just to highlight their neuroticism. I’m not legging it or ignoring you I just don’t have Bluetooth or i’m with someone else or i’m taking a shit. Calm your tits.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

People not turning up to “appointment only”, then switching their phone off. 

Scumbags, the height of rudeness. 

6 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

It’s the ones that call again and again and again when you’re dealing with their complaint or fixing their car. I always ring them back like “I have 9 missed calls from you?” They always reply like “yeah I was just wondering...” I then say something like “9 times though?”. Just to highlight their neuroticism. I’m not legging it or ignoring you I just don’t have Bluetooth or i’m with someone else or i’m taking a shit. Calm your tits.

I’ve stopped ringing them, if they can’t be assed to leave a message then they aren’t genuinely interested. Anyone with a modicum of education knows it’s rude not to leave a message. 

• Like 1

Everything on this thread gets on my tits. But the psychopathic calling 6 times on the bounce without leaving a message when the reason for the call is about as urgent as mowing the grass is the winner. 

"well they didn't answer me instantly, I'll ring several times in the next 30 seconds until they hear me and answer"

I actually am outright rude to people who do this and couldn't give a shit if it loses me a sale. It's bordering on harassment!

off the top of my head....

when browsing the classifieds, people advertising their cars as 'trip-tronic' instead of 'tip-tronic' :angry:

I don't know why, but that one just really gets my goat.

May be more to come....

Auction fever every year it’s the same thing people moaning kit is expensive in January then in February complaining they have stock stuffed up there jumper.

44 minutes ago, EPV said:

Everything on this thread gets on my tits. But the psychopathic calling 6 times on the bounce without leaving a message when the reason for the call is about as urgent as mowing the grass is the winner. 

"well they didn't answer me instantly, I'll ring several times in the next 30 seconds until they hear me and answer"

I actually am outright rude to people who do this and couldn't give a shit if it loses me a sale. It's bordering on harassment!

Wait until you’ve gone through years of it.... 

Genuine buyers leave a message.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

I wouldn’t know where to start.....

Common TV divulge your billy  annoyances.... 

1 hour ago, NickGCS said:

when customers FIRST question is - what’s the least you will take? 

I had a bloke email me about 5 days ago, asking if I would take offers as the car is overpriced. I politely declined and explained why the car is priced as it is priced. 

He emailed again last night, asking what offers I would take, as the car has been online for sale for a while now and no one is interested.

How about you fuck off, sunshine?

• Like 4

its just another day in paradise

ride it boys.............................................

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Common TV divulge your billy  annoyances.... 

The vast majority of punters are nice straight forward people.However,the odd one who lies about a warranty claim does get me annoyed.For instance,I remember being well down the M1 and an Astra we had sold went past doing about 100mph.Sometime later the guy calls in ( he was actually wearing a Ferrari Baseball cap) and asking if we could repair his exhaust under warranty.I said yes and asked him a few things like has he been far etc.He said no and always drove carefully etc.You can imagine the rest.

Its not the punters,it’s all the other stuff,suppliers short changing you or just being incompetent and the bullshit explanations.

I never liked flash traders,they are usually frauds.When you are struggling for a parking spot at the auction then some dickhead with the Range Rover Sport with vanity plates,fake tan and Rolex ( all the optional extras) arrives. The security gate just opens and they are allowed in because they are a big time operator,when you know they haven’t got a pot to piss in.

That’s all for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SC Derby said:

How long has this been in stock? 

Yep! I also had this one today. 

also had this one tonight... whilst he was viewing in the dark “hey bruv, look at this it’s been in an accident bruv”

Instantly got my back up. But the billy ended up buying. Couldn’t have been that bad’a accident then !

Phone calls after what I consider normal hours but no message (I only return calls with messages left)

Also

What will you take for the car

Where did you get it from

How long have you had it

Can you tell me a bit about the car - what? More than the advert on AT and my website, both with videos

Can I view on Saturday - yes but only by appointment.  I have others to see so can’t commit to a time - goodbye

Has the cambelt been done (on a chain)

Relying on third party services to back my exceptional customer service

Feast or Famine income

People parking in my neighbouring units space when I have parking outside 

People turning up with their friends, family and pub expert to crab a sub £5k car

But mainly, the cold weather

• Like 1

I'm going to look at another but i will 'definitely' call you back, still waiting for those calls. Maybe their battery died.

5 hours ago, Mistermuttley said:

I'm going to look at another but i will 'definitely' call you back, still waiting for those calls. Maybe their battery died.

+1

”I’ll let you know one way or the other” Is a phone killer 

6 hours ago, Mistermuttley said:

I used to say, if you want it call me, don’t call to tell me you don’t want it.