Arfur Dealy

Pet hates...What really bugs you....

2 hours ago, Mat C said:

Not in order but

Hair Grips - find these bastards EVERYWHERE

High Pressure Fuel Pumps

Makeup ( all over steering wheels / door cards / interior mirrors )

Customer - Hi i'm calling about XXXX

Me - Yes, great news, its still available, lovely car,  I just finished the valet this morning myself, its cracking, great spec and probably the best colour combo, in fact its that nice i almost want it for myself.

Customer - Whats the best price.....

I always add £500 and tell em :lol: that's a much better price 

• Like 1

Non exhaustive list:-

People ringing up on behalf of somebody else in the room... and relaying the messages!

(The funniest one i ever heard was a wife saying "Here you fat bastard.... you f@*king questions!" and handing the phone over! )

EGR Valves

Chucky Duffers

Impatient Customers (especially the ones that barge in when your dealing with somebody and think its ok to talk over the top of you)

Cars that break for no obvious reason and the worst times.... 4pm on a Saturday etc....

Liars

Salesmen leaving their trademark in the toilet

Staff that ask millions of questions without thinking for themselves

• Like 1

People turning up 5 mins before you close wanting to test drive a ' couple of cars '

<<<<Impatient Customers (especially the ones that barge in when your dealing with somebody and think its ok to talk over the top of you)>>>

Good one. I so hate this! What makes them think they’re more important. Worst is when they then go and sit or hang behind the customers you’re dealing with and get offended when you ask them to wait outside or elsewhere in the place for ten minutes. 

Just had one ask me , How many owners ? Two Keys ? Service history , Will it be serviced before leaving , Does it have a new MOT , Any wear on the leather , Has it got Mats ?. Is the tyre tread above 5mm all round ? , Whats your warranty involve ? Any dents 

2 owners , two keys and YES to the questions  , No to dents and leather wear 

He goes oh that's perfect 

£8,795 screen 

Well on that basis I'm prepared to travel the 200 miles and I can offer £7,500 . :o

Told him to save up £1,295 and pop down to see us . If you cant quite get to the price we offer finance , Maybe £1,295 deposit and rest over 48 months would suit you better . 

Told me he will call at end of Jan when I will have to take £7k :rolleyes: HAHA . Cant wait for the call :rolleyes:

Whys it such low mileage is my absolute most hated question

Has anybody got any good comebacks for this???

The only one that ever pops into my head is "Its been clocked" and the customer never gets it, they just look at me as if thats just what they expect a car dealer to do!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david gott said:

The only one that ever pops into my head is "Its been clocked" and the customer never gets it, they just look at me as if thats just what they expect a car dealer to do!

I just say that it’s our specialty (finding very low mileage cars). They are out there if you know where to look but it takes loads of effort and experience. 

That and it was /was probably an older couple that had two cars and really just needed their bus pass. 

"Let me get my Crystal Ball Sir" :lol:

Fuckin muppets most of 'em

20 minutes ago, david gott said:

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Just had one ask me , How many owners ? Two Keys ? Service history , Will it be serviced before leaving , Does it have a new MOT , Any wear on the leather , Has it got Mats ?. Is the tyre tread above 5mm all round ? , Whats your warranty involve ? Any dents 

2 owners , two keys and YES to the questions  , No to dents and leather wear 

He goes oh that's perfect 

£8,795 screen 

Well on that basis I'm prepared to travel the 200 miles and I can offer £7,500 . :o

Told him to save up £1,295 and pop down to see us . If you cant quite get to the price we offer finance , Maybe £1,295 deposit and rest over 48 months would suit you better . 

Told me he will call at end of Jan when I will have to take £7k :rolleyes: HAHA . Cant wait for the call :rolleyes:

Where the fuck do you guys find these retards :lol::lol::lol:

44 minutes ago, david gott said:

Erm, because its not been driven......

27 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

well to be fair seeing as he was travelling 200 miles he might be your neighbour:P:lol:

On 06/01/2019 at 4:58 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

People who respond to a post by just putting "Like" :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, Autolink100 said:

People who respond to a post by just putting "Like" :lol:

If only I had a like button.........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, david gott said:

I tell them that the reason it’s so low mileage is the previous owners didn’t drive it very far. 

Its facetious, bordering on being rude and people either get funny with you or they see the joke and relax a little. 

2 hours ago, david gott said:

it was owned by a elderly person, when they went to the shop, they came back in reverse :D

Cargurus email leads where it says "i am interested in your lada Riva estate, you can reach me by email on blahblahblah@gmail.com" 

You then respond giving your email address, telephone number etc only to never get a reply (we are not on the free service either). 

"Best price for cash"

"It's too expensive for (insert model)" (Why are you calling me then?"

"Found another one for £X" (Go buy that one then)

"If it's still available then I'll have it for £X" (Fuck off)

Idiots who think they know about cars, who over rev and pull on the doors, and those who release the steering wheel on the best drive and comment on a slight lean to the left or right"

"Not sure what car we want yet/the colour/etc"

"Where did you get it from?" (that almost guarantees me telling them it's a part ex)

Hagglers who roll up only to make out the car's a pile of crap to knock down the price.

Cars that you can't put right no matter how much money you throw at them.

No shows.

God, the list goes on.

We had one customer ask if the fact it had an air freshener hanging in the shape of a C meant it was a CAT C

No the last owner was called Chantal 

hahahaha 

people who dont read adverts

i once put 5 words in an advert and got lots of interest but never sold it

i also once put blah blah  blah in the advert and didnt sell that either (a hilman avenger)

doing this job you just need to chill or its a heart attack

seen lots of guys die young because of the stress

when i used to go to the auctions you would notice someone missing,they were dead or had had a stroke

14 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

I could write a book Dave 

9 hours ago, boring dave said:

people who dont read adverts

i once put 5 words in an advert and got lots of interest but never sold it

i also once put blah blah  blah in the advert and didnt sell that either (a hilman avenger)

doing this job you just need to chill or its a heart attack

seen lots of guys die young because of the stress

when i used to go to the auctions you would notice someone missing,they were dead or had had a stroke

Your right there :) have to see the funny side when you get a complete fool in , I have fun with the idiots i must admit , not worth getting stressed over :lol:

14 hours ago, david gott said:

It obviously hasn't been driven very far has it :), is my reply 

13 hours ago, boring dave said:

well to be fair seeing as he was travelling 200 miles he might be your neighbour:P:lol:

If he is near me he's obviously one of the very few who I've had to educate to stay the fuck outta my place, cos I don't do twats !! But if he travelled 200 miles to get to you then he won't be in the Highlands, I am ~ 300 miles from the border :lol:

13 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

If only I had a like button.........

Me too /\ /\ /\ like ;)

8 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

LOL, I'm sure we all could, that's why I'm up here, much less of it, and much less traffic ..................

Oh there's another for the list ..................

Tourists in Camper Vans / towing Caravans / loaded up MPV's / Estate Cars etc with the bicycles on the roof rack or overhanging the back end, driving at 25 mph on a 60 mph A road and then slowing even further for every bend !!

53 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Your right there :) have to see the funny side when you get a complete fool in , I have fun with the idiots i must admit , not worth getting stressed over :lol:

It obviously hasn't been driven very far has it :), is my reply 

Exactly the same response I give when people ask why hasn't it sold yet... because no one has bought it lol