Arfur Dealy

Pet hates...What really bugs you....

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

When they pull out a Jiffy bag full of notes divided into hundreds with (one note folded over every fifth note gippo style)..... Why oh why do they do that.

Drives me nuts. Have mild OCD and have to have all notes facing the same way so have to re arrange them all.

15 hours ago, david gott said:

When a group of foreign customers are sat in the office they talk to you I English and then have a full blown 10 minute conversation with the friends or family in their native tongue. 

Couldn't care less about this one its just their language isn't it. 

7 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Drives me nuts. Have mild OCD and have to have all notes facing the same way so have to re arrange them all.

Me too. And the notes in my wallet have to start with £5’s, then £10’s, then £20’s at the back.....   :ph34r:

And.... I can’t have £50’s in my wallet but they protrude out the top......

6 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Me too. And the notes in my wallet have to start with £5’s, then £10’s, then £20’s at the back.....   :ph34r:

Wallet full of readies.AD are you sure you are not more older than you claim.When I started carrying ,£500 in readies was a minimum for car dealers.I was told that 50s car dealers  would always carry a grand or two in readies incase there was a cheap car to buy.All part of the pose in those days because a decent car only cost £200.Can you imagine now pulling a grand out at the local block to buy a cup of tea.

Bloody OCD - I am stuck with it.

I can't stand mess, dirty floors, plugs left on with nothing plugged in, filing not done, keys not tagged and that's before we even start on checking the fucking tap and lights are off.

Number plates fitted unevenly........serious offence in my book.Soft tyres on the pitch and nothing done about it.Also,car goes out on dem,no deal and the sales guy does not immediately reprice it up but goes for a cup of tea instead.

i delivered a car to a customers house a week or so back and he had piles of 20's all neatly lined up in hundreds on his table it was full of money

fuck me i said it looks like were doing a drugs deal

now i dont swear,or try not to

wish id taken a photo now:wacko:

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Me too lol, we have £100 notes up here which make life easier, the niftys and tons fit fine in my wallet :D 

- When they scream about your car not having a second key and their swapper that they’ve owned for 10+ years has one key made from duck tape and elastic bands. 

- The last minute disclose on the px. “Oh it smokes a bit when I start it in the mornings sometimes”. You start it from cold the next morning and can’t find your way out of the workshop. 

- “has the car ever had paint?” No it’s done 96000 miles wrapped in cotton wool and washed using only the 2 bucket method from new by all 5 owners. Hyundai Matrix drivers are always fastidious types. 

- Customers who perform their own mini-MOT on the forecourt (indicators, fogs, tyres etc) on a car that was actually MOTd the day before and has done 1 mile since. 

- Punters clutching the Parkers guide. 

- Shaking on an agreed price and then further attempts at negotiation post hoc  (tax, fuel, etc etc) 

- Customers who confuse the CRA and warranties and fair wear and tear etc. When you try and politely explain they stop listening and just assume your bullshitting.

- I’ve got lots more... 

Edited by zappa_2001
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, zappa_2001 said:

- Customers who perform their own mini-MOT on the forecourt (indicators, fogs, tyres etc) on a car that was actually MOTd the day before and has done 1 mile since.

/\/\/\ This

Why on earth does anyone come to clearly a professional outfit and then start checking the bulbs all work when you have already explained that the car will receive an advisory free MOT when you collect.  Worse than that though, people who insist on performing an emergency stop to prove the brakes work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

/\/\/\ This

Why on earth does anyone come to clearly a professional outfit and then start checking the bulbs all work when you have already explained that the car will receive an advisory free MOT when you collect.  Worse than that though, people who insist on performing an emergency stop to prove the brakes work.

sooo true, never understood it.

15 minutes ago, zappa_2001 said:

- When they scream about your car not having a second key and their swapper that they’ve owned for 10+ years has one key made from duck tape and elastic bands. 

- The last minute disclose on the px. “Oh it smokes a bit when I start it in the mornings sometimes”. You start it from cold the next morning and can’t find your way out of the workshop. 

- “has the car ever had paint?” No it’s done 96000 miles wrapped in cotton wool and washed using only the 2 bucket method from new by all 5 owners. Hyundai Matrix drivers are always fastidious types. 

- Punters clutching the Parkers guide. 

- Shaking on an agreed price and then further attempts at negotiation post hoc  (tax, fuel, etc etc) 

- Customers who confuse the CRA and warranties and fair wear and tear etc. When you try and politely explain they stop listening and just assume your bullshitting.

- I’ve got lots more... 

Ha brilliant, and so true!!

People who purchase a USED car normally around the £1000 mark, and then three days before warranty is up take it to a main dealer or Halfords for an inspection and tell you it needs rebuilding 

9 hours ago, Nicoletta said:

People who purchase a USED car normally around the £1000 mark, and then three days before warranty is up take it to a main dealer or Halfords for an inspection and tell you it needs rebuilding 

That’s because are you offering warranties on £1000 end-of-life cars. 

• Like 1

Twats that phone up and just mumble down the phone unable to hear a word of what they are saying. Sound like they have just woke up. 

Always calling from Birmingham or London. 

15 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Twats that phone up and just mumble down the phone unable to hear a word of what they are saying. Sound like they have just woke up. 

Always calling from Birmingham or London. 

The wonders of facebook advertising.... :P It's because you're down with the kids.... ;)

Customers who offer a cash price via email and you agree and ask for a holding deposit and never hear from them again. 

Customers who come and look at your car and decided its not the right one for them.... but while I am here whats mine worth...

Having a car in stock for far too long (live example Mini S Convertible AUTO/Scary PX). 

Sold at full asking price last week (after a £250 reduction).  Once sold.......... three calls all desperatly wanting it (as TV would say) with chucky which would replace the £250 reduction in comms.

Edited by Mark101

23 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Having a car in stock for far too long (live example Mini S Convertible AUTO/Scary PX). 

Sold at full asking price last week (after a £250 reduction).  Once sold.......... three calls all desperatly wanting it (as TV would say) with chucky which would replace the £250 reduction in comms.

its gone to a lady that is happy

thats the main thing

always better than papa buying it for his cherub and moaning weekly........

Customer drives 100 miles after putting a deposit on a 9k car THEN announce after being asked during deposit call that  they have bought their PX 170,000 miler  semi auto Civic showing me his phone saying its worth £890 :o

Finished up taking £50 for it because i returned the same attitude . If he'd been  right with me and told me the truth he would have got £200 for it .