Arfur Dealy

Pet hates...What really bugs you....

Apart from the deranged punters, shit cars, parasitical auction houses & main dealer bullshitters I’ve no complaints.

i would have said the customers who dont do as they promised- 'i'll let you know' until 613am today when Paul and Karen rang to let me know 'they wont be going any further with the Nissan Note'

Why would you think calling at 613 in the morning is a reasonable thing to do?

1 hour ago, MattR said:

i would have said the customers who dont do as they promised- 'i'll let you know' until 613am today when Paul and Karen rang to let me know 'they wont be going any further with the Nissan Note'

i had one late last year 11.30 at night,i was in bed

thing is when i questioned the customer they felt there was nothing unusual in their action

go figure that one:unsure:

1 hour ago, MattR said:

I'm guessing Karen gave Paul the knockback!

Paul immediately took the huff and said "well your not getting your new car then!" ?

5 minutes ago, Stalker said:

I'm guessing Karen gave Paul the knockback!

Paul immediately took the huff and said "well your not getting your new car then!" ?

If you'd seen Karen, I'd imagine he gets up early to avoid her amorous intentions

They’d probably thought you wouldn’t answer at that time of day (I wouldn’t) and that they could leave a cowardly voicemail. 

I leave my "Work" Mobile in the workshop when I shut the doors at 7pm, and obviously do not answer that or the business Land Line any time outside 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday.

Customers are allowed to come to the Business between 8am and 6 pm Mon to Fri, any other times for collection / delivery of Cars they get told, leave Keys or keys left at xxx place, just drop it off / pick it up and go, do not knock at House !!

One local years ago thought he could knock at our House all sorts of times at night, he got bluntly told the first time and second time I have fucked him off and will never do any business with him again :lol: New Customers get politely told the rules.

That is the only drawback of working next to my home ;)

17 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

They’d probably thought you wouldn’t answer at that time of day (I wouldn’t) and that they could leave a cowardly voicemail. 

It was a voicemail, but the phone ringing still woke me up! 

If I'm in the Workshop on a Sat or Sun working on one of our own Cars, the Gate and Doors are locked and I ignore them :D

turns up at there own appointed time that they chose to be convenient for them selves........................................  only to be told, "i am in a bit of a rush, Have not got long, Need to be somewhere"  not even seen car so its no excuse to make sharp exit

Yes this did  just happen to me 

4 hours ago, tradex said:

All of the above but I'll add those customers whom used to use our toilet as some third world shit hole.

Either most had small cocks or didn't stand/sit close enough to the bog.

And if they flushed the bog and cleaned their shit streaks that was considered a bonus...one of the more unpleasent parts of the job.

Shit streaks? Most of the ungrateful greedy scum I’ve recently encountered wouldn’t give you the steam off their shit.

Customers who message the facebook page and say'how much' 

Why not look on our website mongy

16 minutes ago, boring dave said:

customers

On a wide open and popular public forum this is the only word to be used. Pond life, Bottom feeders, Low lives, Punters, Billys, Dreamers etc don't make you look good when someone Googles your company name and stumbles upon these pages. 

42 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

On a wide open and popular public forum this is the only word to be used. Pond life, Bottom feeders, Low lives, Punters, Billys, Dreamers etc don't make you look good when someone Googles your company name and stumbles upon these pages. 

More reason to enter the private suite

54 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

More reason to enter the private suite

Yes anyone who is openly giving there business name / website away is asking for trouble..."customers" are fully aware of the posts on here !

This is my thoughts and I’m just introverted/shy ;o) but I often wonder whether the likes of Nick, EPV, AD, Rory etc actually may pick up sales from proudly saying who they are: as they’re clearly coming over as the honourable set ups they are- and I can see a punter checking out what stock they have etc and shopping with them. 

4 minutes ago, Max Branning said:

Yes anyone who is openly giving there business name / website away is asking for trouble..."customers" are fully aware of the posts on here !

I actually removed my business details a while ago when someone started advertising fake passports and visas here. 

:lol::lol::lol:

Here's another one for the list .............. People who park outside others houses 

:lol::lol::lol:

My old man used to go wild about this. Even if they weren’t blocking the drive. Seemed to think he owned the road too. He would block them in and refuse to move when they wanted to go. I remember feeling well embarrassed at the arguments. 

As for people speeding down the (residential) road. If he was on the drive working on a car (usually with me having to hold things and fetch stuff) and heard them coming, he would launch a large socket or spanner at them/in front of them as they came past. 

One guy clipped a parked car in utter panic. 

Dead now, but always up for aggravation my dad. Never understood it at he was always angry at something-but it worked. 

7 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

always up for aggravation my dad. Never understood it at he was always angry at something-but it worked. 

That's how I got when I lived in SE, "There is always some C*nt"

Thankfully these days due to location and I'm getting older and at long last wiser I just laugh at the stupid pricks nowadays, and it is rare for anyone to rile me now.

A tourist last summer was getting really nasty with Mel in a local shop, I had that twat round the throat in a millisecond and growled at him, he soon ran away :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

That's how I got when I lived in SE, "There is always some C*nt"

Thankfully these days due to location and I'm getting older and at long last wiser I just laugh at the stupid pricks nowadays, and it is rare for anyone to rile me now.

A tourist last summer was getting really nasty with Mel in a local shop, I had that twat round the throat in a millisecond and growled at him, he soon ran away :lol:

Ha. How deep IS that loch behind your house? ;0)