Sign in to follow this  
MattR

Is it the weather?

Quietest April i've ever had. 6 on the board for the month when its normally a 13-15 month. Fortunately had a good first quarter, and not doing anything different, hows everyone else?

Edited by Matt Reid

Yep , very quiet here , normally look to retail 12ish , did 8 but some nice margins just about saved the month . Just desperate to  restock for May now !

Was just thinking the same.  Sold half as many as usual.  Maybe May will take off!

29 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Was just thinking the same.  Sold half as many as usual.  Maybe May will take off!

I'm hoping so! my pitch is at least full now....

We have been so busy it is rediculous, done 3 today and a few in the week. Start of the month was absolutely atrocious though. Emotional rollercoaster lol

Dead here, as a one man band one of my quietest month’s ever - only sold a few so very grateful two of them had decent money across them.

Nowt ‘on the board’ this week & not a single enquiry that I’d class was serious. A few ‘bottom dollar’ phone callers wanting to come & look sometime in the future. For some strange reason rather than the usual ridiculous email offers the emailers have all changed tack and the question is now along the lines of “What’s your absolute bottom/last price?”

I was at the block yesterday & although overflowing with cars it was the quietest I’ve seen it in ages so I guess many traders are fully stocked.

Crap here also although last year it was rubbish so half expected it.

Done as much this week as I did in the first three weeks of the month so it seems to be picking up again.

39 minutes ago, BHM said:

Dead here, as a one man band one of my quietest month’s ever - only sold a few so very grateful two of them had decent money across them.

Nowt ‘on the board’ this week & not a single enquiry that I’d class was serious. A few ‘bottom dollar’ phone callers wanting to come & look sometime in the future. For some strange reason rather than the usual ridiculous email offers the emailers have all changed tack and the question is now along the lines of “What’s your absolute bottom/last price?”

I was at the block yesterday & although overflowing with cars it was the quietest I’ve seen it in ages so I guess many traders are fully stocked.

What’s your stock profile? Website link?

47 minutes ago, BHM said:

Must be your reviews.... :P:lol:

I have been really quiet and so have the enquiries until today:

Sold 2 so far this month then today, sold my Q7, have more or less told someone to go away and think about a Mini I'm selling (I could have nudged them to buy but that's not my style + I'm using it myself) and almost sold that Pug 308 CC (Ebayer never contacted me - surprise) but another guy wants it but now the roof has just malfunctioned despite working faultlessly previously.

I think the motor trade is a bit quiet at the moment, but anyone noticed the housing market seems to be on fire?!

A friend of my wife’s owns an Estate Agency, and every day they’re selling a house, quite often within days of marketing and above the asking price.

Driving around my local area, nearly every board seems to say SOLD....

Hopefully when people stop buying houses, they’ll start buying cars!

Wish housing market was on fire here sitting with 1 for sale and another to go on market. Would have expected first one to sell in weeks, agent even said we wont worry about a board yet lol

17 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Wish housing market was on fire here sitting with 1 for sale and another to go on market. Would have expected first one to sell in weeks, agent even said we wont worry about a board yet lol

Try a different agent? ;)

• Like 1

On holiday to till the 9th then straight in for an eye operation. Managed to sell 6 over the last 13 days (all AT) but it seems deadly quiet. I’ve not had an email enquiry through eBay for 12 days.....

Three today. 

Would have been five but they forgot to read the 'no credit cards' bit on the website. Maybe it's just the time of year but potless punters seem to be on the rise our way

This has been worse month of year so far but we have saved it somewhat in the last week. 

it started well, then went dead and we’ve put 6 on the board this week to take the pressure off. 

Very busy in the dent and glass business, tools sales has also done well. Most of my dealers are finding stock hard to buy, I have also not bought a car for a few months, mainly due to dealer auction and everything to auction dealers that I do work for.

Terrible week all in all. Massive lack of any enquiries and footfall, even checked the phone to see if i had a dialling tone. 

16 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

I think the motor trade is a bit quiet at the moment, but anyone noticed the housing market seems to be on fire?!

A friend of my wife’s owns an Estate Agency, and every day they’re selling a house, quite often within days of marketing and above the asking price.

Driving around my local area, nearly every board seems to say SOLD....

Hopefully when people stop buying houses, they’ll start buying cars!

Depends on who's buying them. In my area everything is bought to let, even the new 'toy town/gated community' housing estates. I guess there's the trade up/trade down/moving to the suburbs/retirement sector? The problem is for the average buyer they won't have much money left.

Same as everyone else. Down around 35% on overall numbers made up for on healthy margins. I think it could be weather related. We're also way behind on prepping cars because of it.

I am not sure it is the weather.When you see what is happening elsewhere at Homebase,Mothercare,Carpetright,even M and S and Poundstretcher are closing stores.Then you have recent success stories like Jamie’s Italian in trouble and this week the talk will be about a Sainsbury Asda merger......There must be a lot of people maxed out again.I hope I am wrong but don’t expect May being any better,2 bank holidays and a Royal Wedding could distract the punters.

I only know a few people that but on credit, they were all maxed out by Christmas. Well that and the new car they needed, the new carpet, sofa etc all needed. Or at least that is what they thought.

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

I am not sure it is the weather.When you see what is happening elsewhere at Homebase,Mothercare,Carpetright,even M and S and Poundstretcher are closing stores.Then you have recent success stories like Jamie’s Italian in trouble and this week the talk will be about a Sainsbury Asda merger......There must be a lot of people maxed out again.I hope I am wrong but don’t expect May being any better,2 bank holidays and a Royal Wedding could distract the punters.

I’m not ashamed to say I love a bargain, and we as a family love car boot sales, flea markets etc.... 

We don’t owe a penny to anyone... we’ve saved lots of thousands on clothes for the boys 3&4, and furniture (our 3 piece sofa was £20). Bikes from the recycling centre etc... And, when they’ve grown out of the clothes / shoes the wife sells them on FB.  We like to recycle.... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I’m not ashamed to say I love a bargain, and we as a family love car boot sales, flea markets etc.... 

We don’t owe a penny to anyone... we’ve saved lots of thousands on clothes for the boys 3&4, and furniture (our 3 piece sofa was £20). Bikes from the recycling centre etc... And, when they’ve grown out of the clothes / shoes the wife sells them on FB.  We like to recycle.... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

The thing is everyone wants designer this, designer that and nobody understands the value of money. I'm teaching my boys to save first and then pay, they will then appreciate and understand the worth of money. Its very easy to spend someone else's money.