Karl B

Where do you source your cars from? I'm looking for alternatives

Obviously BCA, inbound calls to sell, but what about other methods direct from private sellers? I've come across rrrroll.com who seem like Tootle, anyone tried them?

I find the best method of buying private peoples cars is a sign outside saying we buy cars. Works for me although most of my stuff comes from eBay and BCA

I find the best way is to put a sign up outside reading “We buy cars, free anal with every car bought”.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BHM said:

I find the best way is to put a sign up outside reading “We buy cars, free anal with every car bought”.

Give or receive?

Auctions mainheim bca and local ones like central also gumtree ebay and private also have a contact who buys from lease companies online and one that buys all the company vehicle and vans direct  from an elcectrical supplier ...

sounds daft but the guy who buys from the lease company has bought a car from arnold clark force-court did a bit more prep trading in an old px and did ok with it .. obv not something you could do ever day

auction 4 cars and dealer auction are options also 

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, met said:

Give or receive?

It depends on how good the deal is, and what you're into.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

It depends on how good the deal is, and what you're into.

well no ones rodding me to take their shitter off them:angry:

:lol:

1 hour ago, met said:

Give or receive?

:D

i don’t think BHM is much of a socket... I reckon he would be the plug :P

• Haha 2

Bca mostly for me, although I refuse to get into bidding wars when prices are high and everyone’s getting desperate buying scrap at retail money. When we get a period like that I will start browsing private ads. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stalker said:

:D

i don’t think BHM is much of a socket... I reckon he would be the plug :P

And an angry plug at that :lol:

9 hours ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

well no ones rodding me to take their shitter off them:angry:

:lol:

:lol: if you steal a good one, technically you're rodding them.

18 hours ago, BHM said:

Lol haha better than WBAC :P

11 minutes ago, AW Motorgroup said:

Lol haha better than WBAC :P

We buy any scrap .. :lol:

Edited by Casper
  • Haha 1

Ok lets be honest about this, if anyone had a cheap source of cars or a particular day auctions seem cheaper than any other day would you honestly expect them to give that info away ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Ok lets be honest about this, if anyone had a cheap source of cars or a particular day auctions seem cheaper than any other day would you honestly expect them to give that info away ? 

My thoughts exactly!!  

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

to be fair i can highly recommend a brand new auction in john o groats its only been open a few weeks so lovely and quiet i highly recommend the journey up:lol:

1 hour ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

to be fair i can highly recommend a brand new auction in john o groats its only been open a few weeks so lovely and quiet i highly recommend the journey up:lol:

Do you still stop off and the lands end car auction on the way back Jason :lol:

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

Pop into your local branch of Evans Halshaw. Ignore it when they tell you they are 'auction only'. Take Jaffa Cakes in every day for the sales team. Perseverance is the key.

5 minutes ago, MattR said:

Pop into your local branch of Evans Halshaw. Ignore it when they tell you they are 'auction only'. Take Jaffa Cakes in every day for the sales team. Perseverance is the key.

Arnold clark and peter vardy prefer tea cakes 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MattR said:

i wasnt asking for myself, i know where unicorns piss was meant for the op and all the other murdocks who ask similar questions.

Justin, I know you werent asking for yourself! Likewise, I was trying to 'help' the newbie

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justina3 said:

THIS

You can tell these people haven’t been self employed long. Don’t they realise - this is how we eat! Giving that info away is literally giving away profit... not that there is a magic bullet. It’s all hard work atm.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

THIS

You can tell these people haven’t been self employed long. Don’t they realise - this is how we eat! Giving that info away is literally giving away profit... not that there is a magic bullet. It’s all hard work atm.

Its not as easy as it once was remember years ago when independent and main dealers would sell you all there part exchanges  . And company used to buy an own there company cars and vans and sell them to you 

as you say if you did have a source your not going to just give away having put the work in to find it in the first place . although the main dealers contacts I had have long gone one guy left and the other dealer closed down 

Remember the guy I worked for at time doing well out of an independent dealers astra and corsa in early 2001 

hes actually trying to sell his house and move to spain . Since retiring

Edited by Casper

6 hours ago, justina3 said:

Especially to someone who can’t be bothered to introduce themselves.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, justina3 said:

I would tell everyone where to buy from :lol:

A bloody different place to me in another county on a different day when I'm not looking for stock . :D

1 hour ago, Casper said:

hes actually trying to sell his house and move to spain . Since retiring

Tried that Casper , got bored :rolleyes:, Just cant stop looking for the next deal , Its only the deals that keep me living .

The way to make me smile is waiting for the Finance prop to go accepted , I'm more on edge than the customer buying the car :lol:, There thinking new car I'm thinking Commission cheque .

Got three Finance props on Sat and then it was game on to sign up that day so I got the Commission in Sept :) Made it too :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1