Sign in to follow this  
Dealer

Eerily Quiet Or Is It Just Me?

Not busy here either, saturdays seem to have died a death too....

26 minutes ago, MattR said:

Not busy here either, saturdays seem to have died a death too....

For an internet trader like me it’s dickheads’ day anyway, weekend punters aren’t really my bag. They always seem to either have “others to see”, need to “think about it” or find some alleged issue to give them an excuse to walk away - basically tyrekickers not ready to buy. Any business I do is sometime during Mon-Fri.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony F said:

A CF247 customer on 'a business trip'? not exactly the type of customer profile that springs to mind when dealing with CF247. maybe the business trip involved scoring a bit of gear down the local estate and he got mugged for his phone.

Anyway hope that deal comes through for you 

:D

Not been quite today just been a stupid day

Had two today on £17k + cars , 

Got neg equity on the px on finance by a few Quid " well nearly 4k actually  .

Doesn't get the neg equity is their debt NOT mine :rolleyes: Yea but don't I hand it back when I want :rolleyes: 

If you can get near £300 a month for 36 months I'll take it with me today :lol: one said ,

Other had less :o money per month 

What planets are they coming from :o

Been a hard day today , another two less priced cars £3,495& £6495 , one 19,000 miles one 22,000 miles  , One wants £900 for a Punto 51 plate 103 k that a steam roller ran into last week :lol: yea literally squashed it  , BYE 

The other had a Mazda 2 109,000 on clock 09 plate and wants 3k for it :rolleyes: because that makes the finance figures meet her needs ,  BYE 

Well , er , But ,can we test drive them anyway , No , bye 

Oh well another day tomorrow :D and yesterday was so different too . 

Edited by David Horgan

2 hours ago, Tony F said:

A CF247 customer on 'a business trip'? not exactly the type of customer profile that springs to mind.

He could of hired a transit LWB for the bi-annual fags and booze run. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

One wants £900 for a Punto 51 plate 103 k that a steam roller ran into last week :lol: yea literally squashed it  , BYE 

The other had a Mazda 2 109,000 on clock 09 plate and wants 3k for it :rolleyes: because that makes the finance figures meet her needs ,  BYE

I thought it was just me. A cold caller has an 08 80K mile petrol Megane CC painted by Ray Charles. He thinks he’s trading in gold dust. He claims he’s put on new brakes, brake pipes etc. for the MOT. It books at something like £520 Average money. He values it at £1200, I say “Provisionally £600 ASSUMING IT’S ALL GOOD, THAT MEANS 100% OK” & tell him to go & sort his finances out.

When he leaves I quickly check the MOT history. It has 4 months MOT on it & the brake pipes/discs etc. we’re replaced at the PREVIOUS MOT 20 months ago! Fucking bullshitters, if we dealt like the public we’d be up before the bench.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BHM said:

For an internet trader like me it’s dickheads’ day anyway, weekend punters aren’t really my bag. They always seem to either have “others to see”, need to “think about it” or find some alleged issue to give them an excuse to walk away - basically tyrekickers not ready to buy. Any business I do is sometime during Mon-Fri.

Same here

We had one this morning on a Lexus we have, wanted £990 off the asking price.:o

Plus free delivery to Scotland :lol: We are based in North Devon!

11 hours ago, D&M said:

We had one this morning on a Lexus we have, wanted £990 off the asking price.:o

Plus free delivery to Scotland :lol: We are based in North Devon!

You lads are just being greedy. :lol:

Yesterday we had the classic but we’ve seen one cheaper and the tablet comes out

our car £4290 53k

the cheap example £3690 79k

By my reckoning that makes ours much cheaper :)

• Like 2

I don't understand how you gentlemen stay so patient with prices. When it's DEAD dead and you're up against the wall, cars that are nearing a month with no sale/viewing, get prices dropped, and I tread carefully when bargaining so as not to lose a sale. Even if it's less money than I originally wanted. And especially if there's an interesting auction coming up where I can roll my money over. A bird in the hand and all that.

I'm not saying I like this method, I wish I could play hardball. But as a doorstepper and no other income, sometimes I wonder if I could support a family with this job.

25 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

I don't understand how you gentlemen stay so patient with prices. When it's DEAD dead and you're up against the wall, cars that are nearing a month with no sale/viewing, get prices dropped, and I tread carefully when bargaining so as not to lose a sale. Even if it's less money than I originally wanted. And especially if there's an interesting auction coming up where I can roll my money over. A bird in the hand and all that.

I'm not saying I like this method, I wish I could play hardball. But as a doorstepper and no other income, sometimes I wonder if I could support a family with this job.

You have to show them who's in control here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

Who folds first.  Need to be good at reading people in this job. If you are a bad sales person try to become a better one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Who folds first.  Need to be good at reading people in this job. If you are a bad sales person try to become a better one.

If you have got to the stage with a customer where you are negotiating price most of the time they have decided they are going to buy the car and are just after discount for the sake of a discount. Most customers won’t walk away from a car for the sake of £200, as Rory says hold your ground if you know your car is competitively priced. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, James01 said:

If you have got to the stage with a customer where you are negotiating price most of the time they have decided they are going to buy the car and are just after discount for the sake of a discount. Most customers won’t walk away from a car for the sake of £200, as Rory says hold your ground if you know your car is competitively priced. 

Very true. We often forget how hard it is for a customer to find a decent example of what they’re looking for.

• Like 2

You gentlemen are right. Just had that this very afternoon. Still, when times are tough, sometimes I wonder if the gamble is worth the risk. Plus having a business partner who has a conflicting mindset to your own makes it harder to stick to your guns.

3 hours ago, tradegirl said:

You gentlemen are right. Just had that this very afternoon. Still, when times are tough, sometimes I wonder if the gamble is worth the risk. Plus having a business partner who has a conflicting mindset to your own makes it harder to stick to your guns.

The gamble is worth the risk, if they want it someone else will want it if need be,  that's the mindset you need.

13 hours ago, tradegirl said:

. Plus having a business partner who has a conflicting mindset to your own makes it harder to stick to your guns.

Get rid. Few partnerships work in any form of business. 

19 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Very true. We often forget how hard it is for a customer to find a decent example of what they’re looking for.

I had a family walk over £100 this weekend, My example Clio rip curl black 3 door out of the box all the red rip curl trim air con alloys upgraded audio, £100 buys them a billy basic model no alloys sketchy history mine had belt and pump done end of last year. 

£100 deal or no deal sorry i have come down your not prepared to come up ....no bye then and they walked 

you cant fix stupid

20 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I had a family walk over £100 this weekend, My example Clio rip curl black 3 door out of the box all the red rip curl trim air con alloys upgraded audio, £100 buys them a billy basic model no alloys sketchy history mine had belt and pump done end of last year. 

£100 deal or no deal sorry i have come down your not prepared to come up ....no bye then and they walked 

you cant fix stupid

I can’t stand those types. All they see is £££ - no two used cars are the same! It’s not apples for apples.

1 hour ago, Mojo121 said:

I can’t stand those types. All they see is £££ - no two used cars are the same! It’s not apples for apples.

The weirdo rang me this morning thanking me for my help but opted for the cheaper car as if to brag i lost a sale, i prefer to see it as another fool avoided. 

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

The weirdo rang me this morning thanking me for my help but opted for the cheaper car as if to brag i lost a sale, i prefer to see it as another fool avoided. 

i had this the other week,he kept texting asking for it cheaper and i was missing a sale,dont want them dont need them,the cars still here but my sanity is intact (nearly............................)

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

"You mean the one that is up for less money but will be more expensive when you have the belt and water pump done sir!"

Just now, David Ayers said:

"You mean the one that is up for less money but will be more expensive when you have the belt and water pump done sir!"

yes the one that wasnt pdi and its going to bite him in the bum this next few weeks     :lol:

clios buyers though, strange lot,i once had one accuse me of trousering his log book because dvla had sent it a day late,he got it that afternoon as i checked with his daughter but no apology

,how to burn bridges to the people that can look after you if treat right

he was on my do one list............

Still seems quiet, quoting the normal dreamers but that’s it.

As for Clio buyers, we had a couple of Sanderos, the buyers of those were a different ball game.  I genuinely did not believe people like them existed, one potential buyer brought his mum to “negotiate”.  He was a 50 plus bloke....