Sign in to follow this  
Dealer

Eerily Quiet Or Is It Just Me?

Sorry for another type of how's everyone doing this month post but enquiries have just dried up, been checking prices and making sure things are ok on the website etc but just complete lack of calls, emails and Ebay questions etc............on the plus side buying has been a bit easier than normal. 

It is not just me then......................i am seriously quiet, Been re doing pictures and add wordings, Checking and checking again all things i can think off, I read on another thread others are having record months and are very busy

Last week died for us for both leasing and sales.  Leasing is still really down but have done a few used this week with phone deposits on 3 more as we did some major price adjustments Monday.  

Major plus, I took a call from a client today “We need 14 new vans here for Monday, can you do it?”  Various salesman I ordered from thought it was Christmas!

Thanks for the heads up......... Actually makes me feel better knowing it's not just me. 

Dead as a dead thing, except for a few daydreamers & time wasters to keep my blood pressure up.

It's a strange game this.  I have been having a terrible run for the past 4 or 5 months with the odd exceptional week (5 last week for example).

Could do with two more going before month end but to be honest, that is unlikely apart from one appointment on Saturday.

Need 8 (pays everything and a wage), would like a reliable 10 but 12 would be perfect for me as a one man band.

So far, 7 paid and gone with a dipper which will actually go on Monday.

• Like 1

Been really busy here, done 10 in the last week. That said I had a quiet February when most were busy, no rhym or reason to it. 

Been a good month here too.  I'm sure our turn at being quiet is coming.  We all get them.

A very steady 9 so far and happy. My issue is 7 in prep... I want to be up to 15 - 20 advertised but can't seem to get there.... 

10 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

A very steady 9 so far and happy. My issue is 7 in prep... I want to be up to 15 - 20 advertised but can't seem to get there.... 

I feel you pain - 11 in prep and only 6 ready.

Relying on third parties is driving me crazy :wacko:

1 minute ago, Mark101 said:

I've got a Caravelle at the moment which needed a lot of paint, took six weeks before I got it back, it then needed an electric slidy door repair, the workshop dropped it....so its back in the cue for paint.... frustration..... I have a Mazda 6 thats raping my wallet and laughy at me, plus various others..... I'm looking forward to a holiday.... 

Edited by Arfur Dealy

I have 13 advertised and they "look" presentable but some are waiting for paint or servicing and MOT.

Frustrating.

Got a mobile mechanic who came highly recommended and is on service number 4 already, big help (but no MOT facility obviously).

Definateley quiet for the time of year,we have a busy shopping park near us and it has been quiet this month.When I went to the local block this week ,even the liars said they were quiet.I noticed that the main dealer section had a lot more ready to retail entries than normal,main dealers and those with big pitches must be under pressure.However,we have bought some nice stuff lateley at ‘right money’ and have been getting them away on lower mark ups with the odd good retail swapper.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Always keep an eye open for a decent supplier, can't have enough and if you're busy you spread the work around rather one depending on you if they are quiet.. all mither though.. In house sounds good, but if you don't have/can't find anything for them to do, its all overheads... Lot of places near me need skilled workshop/paint staff, they are paying the right money too; seems to be a shortage or they can pick their work.. :blink:

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

"When I went to the local block this week ,even the liars said they were quiet" 

:D:D made me laugh that one! 

4 hours ago, trade vet said:

even the liars said they were quiet.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Dealer said:

:D:D made me laugh that one! 

It did me too but does that actually mean, they are flat out and abiding to their reputation as liars?

Never been busier here. Feb was our best ever month and March has hit record numbers but might not be as good money wise, quite a bit of overage stuff needing messy recon. Had a real touch with swappers because we can't buy a thing in the block lately.

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

It did me too but does that actually mean, they are flat out and abiding to their reputation as liars?

I read it as even the ones who are always flying (best buyers, best sellers, best site blah blah blah) are quiet even though they are always ripping up trees! 

Not a bad month steady on all the traders I've spoke to say it's quiet so not worried. Like Arfur said I'm due a holiday

Awful the past couple of weeks and back's against the wall. Funny thing is we have more cars for sale now, and it's completely dead. Couple of weeks ago we had fewer cars and more enquiries. Hope this passes soon.

2 Walk ons today and 2 dippers taken.

3 on the board for April so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

2 Walk ons today and 2 dippers taken.

3 on the board for April so far.

Nice two there Tiger.. POET's day... ;)

• Like 1