Sign in to follow this  
Dealer

Eerily Quiet Or Is It Just Me?

I’m just back & have been away since the middle of last week so put the ‘out of office’ message on my emails, eBay & phone. Typically when I’m on holiday I seem to of missed numerous calls - whether or not any of them were serious I guess I’ll find out on subsequent discussions (but I suspect one idiot after another).

21 hours ago, Contracts said:

I genuinely did not believe people like them existed, one potential buyer brought his mum to “negotiate”.  He was a 50 plus bloke....

Bet she still makes him Horlicks at night too :lol: some serious plonkers about isn't there , If they had to buy multiple cars a month they would starve to death . 

We've had that senerio , Its £12,995 no matter who buys it I say :rolleyes:, but its very nice to meet your mum / dad  though :lol:

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Bet she still makes him Horlicks at night too :lol:  

Where does she get the milk from? :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Wheelerdealer1 said:

Out of interest is anyone on here actually in favour of Brexit ?

He says, lighting the blue touch paper and walking away.:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelerdealer1 said:

me 

1 hour ago, Wheelerdealer1 said:

Id be in favour of it just being done and dusted one way or the other. 

17 hours ago, Wheelerdealer1 said:

Me. Why on earth would anyone want to prop-up the other parasitical economies of Southern & Eastern Europe with our money is beyond me. 

Would anyone here want any of our glorious politicians negotiating a deal on their behalf? :lol:

When you are trying to negotiate the best deal you have got to be prepared to walk to perhaps achieve that, but the idiots took that option off the table talk about trying to negotiate with your hands behind your back and that lot in Europe would of known that.

they should not of agreed the financial settlement before the terms of our departure was sorted out it should of all been done at the same time as that might have been the carrot that got us what we wanted and if they would not of entertained it I would of said adios amigo.

they have made a right hash of the whole thing.

if anybody was under the illusion we would get a good deal are kidding them selves we are being punished so the rest don't leave.

i think the MP's have forgot who they work for and that is going to come back and haunt them big time.

on a personal note I wish it was sorted one way or the other so we can put it behind us

Remain or Leave, I'd never trust a politician to negotiate on our behalf, nor trust the lies they told.

I did a load of research before reaching my decision (I had way too much time on my hands at the time) and the general conclusions were:

1. None of the problems faced by the UK at the time of the election where the result of EU Membership (generally this as positive as many non EU companies set up European headquarters/manifacturing here due to a) Language b ) Time zone c ) Flexible labour laws, but where in fact due to lack of regional policies to boost employment/conditions outside the South East (as someone who grew up in Wales in the 80's the government did pour money into the region after the mines closed) whereas subsequent governments have failed to bring higher paying work, just McJobs generally.

2. Leaving the EU is not a patch on the ageing population as a factor which will both reduce economic activity (outside Care/Health provision) whilst requiring massive increases in tax/cuts in other government spending to meet care/health needs.

In terms of no deal, I know people involved on the computerisation work needed for it to happen on the relevant Friday recently. A number of glitches were found to exist in systems two days proior so goods would not have been able to enter or leave the country on the date we were supposed to leave with no deal......and the guy in charge had a holiday booked for the day too. You couldn't make it up.

Edited by CCC

Being in Norfolk I don't think half of the county know we were in Europe in the first place!

Brexit certainly hasn't affected sales!

I was/am a remain but I have got to the point that I just want a decision now, either way.

Brexit not affecting sales here, currently on record month financially and still a week or so to go.

I also heard that we have a record number of people employed or registered self employed in the UK.

just sold one to a lovely young lady

i love this warm weather 

been a good week

1 hour ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

just sold one to a lovely young lady

i love this warm weather 

been a good week

I came in today to hand over a sold Fiesta at the allotted 10am appointment.

Arrived at 9.45 and in those 15 minutes, sold 3 more cars - now on my record month by a fair margin (VAT and profit :lol:)

1 x Facebook 

1 x Ebay

And 1 to the father of the Ebay sale at the same time.

I blame Brexit :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Arrived at 9.45 and in those 15 minutes, sold 3 more cars - now on my record month by a fair margin (VAT and profit :lol:)

1 x Facebook 

1 x Ebay

Jammy git.........................I highly approve

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark101 said:

1 x Facebook 

1 x Ebay

Nice!! 

18 hours ago, Mark101 said:

1 x Facebook 

1 x Ebay

Well done Mark, you deserve it ;)

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Thank you Simon, very kind.

I do feel extremely lucky, unlikely to happen again any time soon but it makes it all worth it.

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

This 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mark101 said:

1 x Facebook 

1 x Ebay

What a feeling, can't beat the buzz of a deal good work.

• Like 1

On 19/04/2019 at 11:59 AM, Mark101 said:

1 x Facebook 

1 x Ebay

well i came in for a handover, sold one to the girlie, then never saw another soul all day

so na na na na na:D