Arfur Dealy

Pet hates...What really bugs you....

340 ft on my depth sounder in one place just off our shore line, on a high tide

It's all irrelavnt after 5'11 ft (I'm 5'10" probably a lttle taller if I lie on my side)

2 hours ago, tradex said:

wow, it's only 150 ft deep between Dover n Calais, you learn something everyday:o

Some of these Scottish Lochs are hellish deep, very clean water too, that's why the area is popular for Divers, more so in winter, they reckon they can see further ;)

Diving's not for me, well except for the muff variety :D

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

It's all irrelavnt after 5'11 ft (I'm 5'10" probably a lttle taller if I lie on my side)

BIG LOL

5 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

On a wide open and popular public forum this is the only word to be used. Pond life, Bottom feeders, Low lives, Punters, Billys, Dreamers etc don't make you look good when someone Googles your company name and stumbles upon these pages. 

Being upfront, open, transparent and telling it how it is how I like to do business. If people don't like it tough, I'm ultimately fair and don't pussyfoot around pretending anything different. This is a forum, not a C of E Prep School. All people in business or work experience "Pond life, Bottom feeders, Low lives, Punters, Billys, Dreamers etc" whether its their boss, a billy who has just walked in to their shop, gym, Tescos, or some bottom-feeder twat down the pub, it doesn't matter... As humans we all experience people who deserve the above terms...... Nick, not everybody is "lovely"

13 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Being upfront, open, transparent and telling it how it is how I like to do business. If people don't like it tough, I'm ultimately fair and don't pussyfoot around pretending anything different. This is a forum, not a C of E Prep School. All people in business or work experience "Pond life, Bottom feeders, Low lives, Punters, Billys, Dreamers etc" whether its their boss, a billy who has just walked in to their shop, gym, Tescos, or some bottom-feeder twat down the pub, it doesn't matter... As humans we all experience people who deserve the above terms...... Nick, not everybody is "lovely"

I had a dreamer yesterday .

Left a £100 deposit at 1.30am direct to our web site .

I rang him at 9.30 am and arranged the visit to see car , 217,000 mile vectra px :o told him its £100 scrap . All agreed then , New car is £8,295 minus £200 deposit and px balance £8,095 Debit card , no need for finance , taking car home with him . Ok I'm on the way down , 140 miles away by the way . 

Gets to us , looks at new car , test drive and loves it . Gets back and he goes right we just need to negotiate the prices I want £500 for mine , and i only have £7,500 for yours so lets do the paper work shall we :o NO i say your car is not even going to get home with the smoke its churning out , and we agreed the £8,095 didnt we . 

All Iv'e got is the £6,900 , NOPE sorry . 

He's on phone to wife getting a proper ear bashing , anyway result he went home in his old banger , got 40 miles away and broke down " would have been Turbo " , rang me to ask what i was going to do about it , then got his wife on phone asking same question , my fault for not taking the bid she said  :lol: , Your car , you sort it I said . 

This morning she rang to ask for the deposit back " she called it a reservation Fee :ph34r:" and help with the towing bill :o Of her old banger . 

NOPE , NOPE was the answer so Pond life :rolleyes:, Bottom feeders:angry:, Dreamers :huh:and deception:ph34r: covers those two for sure .

Wasted one and half hours of my life . 

6 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I had a dreamer yesterday .

Left a £100 deposit at 1.30am direct to our web site .

I rang him at 9.30 am and arranged the visit to see car , 217,000 mile vectra px :o told him its £100 scrap . All agreed then , New car is £8,295 minus £200 deposit and px balance £8,095 Debit card , no need for finance , taking car home with him . Ok I'm on the way down , 140 miles away by the way . 

Gets to us , looks at new car , test drive and loves it . Gets back and he goes right we just need to negotiate the prices I want £500 for mine , and i only have £7,500 for yours so lets do the paper work shall we :o NO i say your car is not even going to get home with the smoke its churning out , and we agreed the £8,095 didnt we . 

All Iv'e got is the £6,900 , NOPE sorry . 

He's on phone to wife getting a proper ear bashing , anyway result he went home in his old banger , got 40 miles away and broke down " would have been Turbo " , rang me to ask what i was going to do about it , then got his wife on phone asking same question , my fault for not taking the bid she said  :lol: , Your car , you sort it I said . 

This morning she rang to ask for the deposit back " she called it a reservation Fee :ph34r:" and help with the towing bill :o Of her old banger . 

NOPE , NOPE was the answer so Pond life :rolleyes:, Bottom feeders:angry:, Dreamers :huh:and deception:ph34r: covers those two for sure .

Wasted one and half hours of my life . 

Exactly and completely justified. Where do these people live, cloud cuckoo land !!

This has got to be my biggest pet hate of all time, and I’m guessing, most peoples to:-

“Oh! I didn’t think it’d be worth that much!!”

:(

Damn it!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Exactly and completely justified. Where do these people live, cloud cuckoo land !!

Near to James Bush usually.

38 minutes ago, tradex said:

:o....that's gotta be the best one yet....they forgot to ask for trauma payment and something cover a bite to eat on the way:D

Agreed LIKE

And a hire car whilst their wreck is fixed plus an overnight stay at the Hilton :)

Your a bad man David Horgan, it's all your fault :lol::lol::lol:

41 minutes ago, tradex said:

NOPE , NOPE was the answer

Fuck Right Off would have been my answer :rolleyes:

Have we had this one yet?  People that just turn up on site, open the car and its bonnet etc without saying Hi! or asking if it's OK and jump in/ especially with their kids jumping all over it.

I remember (another old days story) when this happened to a trader who used to share another site with me- the above happened and he noticed their car out the front was open so he jumped in that and started pushing all the buttons and opening their bonnet etc.  They came storming over asking him what he thought he was doing.  His reply: 'oh I thought I had to do the same as you! But without the childrens dirty feet and hands all over it.'

They didn't buy surprisingly.

This is the sort of punter who will also leave without saying anything (and have dirty feet).

No such tales from me after 14 years of Appointment only. 

It has several downsides but certain advantages also. 

18 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

No such tales from me after 14 years of Appointment only. 

It has several downsides but certain advantages also. 

We try to push for viewings by appointment, and to a large extent this happens and we know they're coming.  Trouble is with 35 odd cars in stock or more and a main road site, you do get the walkins and unannounced travellers.  It is a lot less than it used to be though.

Same with opening hours - particularly in the winter- we used to be in at 8 and off past six -ust waiting for someone else to maybe pop in.  Advertised opening hours now are 10 - 4 (other times by appointment).  Has worked well.

5 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

We try to push for viewings by appointment, and to a large extent this happens and we know they're coming.  Trouble is with 35 odd cars in stock or more and a main road site, you do get the walkins and unannounced travellers.  It is a lot less than it used to be though.

Same with opening hours - particularly in the winter- we used to be in at 8 and off past six -ust waiting for someone else to maybe pop in.  Advertised opening hours now are 10 - 4 (other times by appointment).  Has worked well.

Similar - Mon - Fri open 8.30 to 17.30 Weekends only by appointment

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

car sales how can i help?????????????????

hello i bought a fiesta off you about 6 months ago and have a problem,do you remember me????????????????

customers

oh ive said that one already

why would they phone up with a problem, you book them in first job ,then they neither turn up or ring in to cancel

so you give them half an hour with your life on hold and then have to ring them to be told.oh it doesnt matter now

what other business puts up with crap like that

I bought this car off of you only a few weeks back, OK let us get the paperwork out, it was actually 14 months ago, well it does not seem that long.

Since you changed my spark plugs the handbrake has stopped working.

My car is making a strange noise.

Is it doing it all the time?

Yes

OK bring it in we will have a look. Come in and cannot replicate the fault thats always there. 

Whilst I am here can you just look at and then they pull out a huge list.

15 hours ago, boring dave said:

customers

oh ive said that one already

why would they phone up with a problem, you book them in first job ,then they neither turn up or ring in to cancel

so you give them half an hour with your life on hold and then have to ring them to be told.oh it doesnt matter now

what other business puts up with crap like that

4 hours ago, Screenman said:

I bought this car off of you only a few weeks back, OK let us get the paperwork out, it was actually 14 months ago, well it does not seem that long.

Since you changed my spark plugs the handbrake has stopped working.

3 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

My car is making a strange noise.

Is it doing it all the time?

Yes

OK bring it in we will have a look. Come in and cannot replicate the fault thats always there. 

Whilst I am here can you just look at and then they pull out a huge list.

All this is so commonplace plus ...................

"I can only bring it in when I finish at 8pm because I need it for work" ........................

Yeah jog on pal try the Bus / Hire a Car !!

People whom ask questions. (i.e. do you do finance, are you interested in my PX, can I come and view) then never reply.

People when questioned why they are selling their car they have only had a couple of months coming up with some bullshit about it being too big, or changed jobs or whatever - whereas they should tell me what I already know - because it's fooked and you're a trader that will take my problem away.

Bills - plenty of them that keep on coming through even when we are quiet.

Warranty claims - screaming customer then don't collect/drop off their car for weeks after their initial rant.

When a group of foreign customers are sat in the office they talk to you I English and then have a full blown 10 minute conversation with the friends or family in their native tongue. 

16 minutes ago, david gott said:

When a group of foreign customers are sat in the office they talk to you I English and then have a full blown 10 minute conversation with the friends or family in their native tongue. 

Always found this so rude 

34 minutes ago, david gott said:

And then pay you in cash and try to confuse you when counting it out by all talking and multiple poeple putting money in front of you. As if you’re going to count wrong. 

When they pull out a Jiffy bag full of notes divided into hundreds with (one note folded over every fifth note gippo style)..... Why oh why do they do that.

16 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

When they pull out a Jiffy bag full of notes divided into hundreds with (one note folded over every fifth note gippo style)..... Why oh why do they do that.

Yeah I hate this! Then they sit and watch you struggle to undo it all and count it