Dealer

November Trade

2 hours ago, EPV said:

Anyone thinking it doesn’t, probably ploughs a lonely furrow in life! 

Once at a business awards thing was enough for me...hear enough BS at work, but i'd imagine some punters love it. Make sure your dickie bows straight for the photo!

Cracking November so far for us, over a dozen for the week and had a few roll over into the beginning of the month which always helps.Stocks a bit of a chore but when isn't it?!

8 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Once at a business awards thing was enough for me...hear enough BS at work, but i'd imagine some punters love it. Make sure your dickie bows straight for the photo!

Cracking November so far for us, over a dozen for the week and had a few roll over into the beginning of the month which always helps.Stocks a bit of a chore but when isn't it?!

Of course they do. It's why multi billion conglomerates spend hundreds of millions a year to athletes and personalities to promote or endorse their business. Not everyone buys it of course but you only need to look at the influence of reality TV on society these days to work out that people are influenced by familiar faces.

Look, I'm not saying it's some sort of necessity or key. It's just a little thing that can help me. In my opinion.

7 minutes ago, EPV said:

Of course they do. It's why multi billion conglomerates spend hundreds of millions a year to athletes and personalities to promote or endorse their business. Not everyone buys it of course but you only need to look at the influence of reality TV on society these days to work out that people are influenced by familiar faces.

Look, I'm not saying it's some sort of necessity or key. It's just a little thing that can help me. In my opinion.

...wasn't knocking it mate, some punters love it like I said. It's the small details (a pic with Brewer, well honed adverts, better photos than the next man, whatever) that make all the difference to sales these days

Car dealer awards -  I was dreading going last year to such a formal event, way outside my comfort zone. When we went it was just a bunch of car dealers who are all quite a good laugh getting on the beers and having a good night out. Look forward to seeing a few of you there on the night. Every single one of the team loved it with the exception of our mechanic who remained out of his comfort zone and who begged us never to take him anywhere again :lol: 

November back in the game 17 sold so far and also finding buying a lot easier.

33 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Rory, how much stock do you have advertised on average?

53 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Rory, how much stock do you have advertised on average?

45 ish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Late, chunky stock has suddenly dropped a lot.

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Rory gets my vote for "Dealer's dealer" if someone here counts. 

Cheques in the post ;) Thank you though.

20 hours ago, EPV said:

To be honest I self nominated at the suggestion of Rory but I got shortlisted which was pleasing. 

I’ll be sick if I don’t get a highly commended spot and a picture with Mike Brewer, not because of him but it will look really good on the website. I’m going there for a good night out and a bit of fun but I want the PR material! Rory says the amount of people that say “you must be an alright dealer if you’ve got a photo with Mike Brewer” and i’m sure Umesh gets the same due to his photo with Theo Paphitis. 

PR Machine indeed ! Mike Brewer and Theo paphitis pictures fo a long way!

Look forward to seeing anyone who's going to the Awards on the 26th- ALWAYS a fantasic night and great to meet so many personally! 

17 hours ago, tradegirl said:

F me. Reading this thread is bloody depressing.

I'm doing completely shite, nothing is going right, the cars already advertised are in and out of mechanics for stupid things. Even the logbooks and paperwork are all over the place because my head's not in it with lack of sales and mechanical problems.

Sold 1 so far this month.

Next week will be brand new photos and adverts for the 2 that are ready to go (touch wood those two don't break down as well).

James, well done!

It's not great when you are not selling and others are but just get the cars right and  the punters will come and buy.

Keep the faith!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 9:10 PM, tradegirl said:

F me. Reading this thread is bloody depressing.

I'm doing completely shite, nothing is going right, the cars already advertised are in and out of mechanics for stupid things. Even the logbooks and paperwork are all over the place because my head's not in it with lack of sales and mechanical problems.

Sold 1 so far this month.

Next week will be brand new photos and adverts for the 2 that are ready to go (touch wood those two don't break down as well).

James, well done!

Oh dear. Anything we can help with again? Advert critique etc?

What have you got in stock? Still up on the miles German and or diesel mostly?

Keep the paperwork simple: one folder for Log Books in alphabetical order with key number written on it somewhere. 

One sold, to go out folder etc....

15 minutes ago, tradex said:

A picture with Mike Brewer would never appear on my website, it's my understanding that he has a dreadful reputation with Joe Public, those whom express an opinion ;)

Have a great personal story of him at Blackbushe buying a P38 from years ago:D

P38 Lightning....Blackbushe Airport.....that must be a good story !

Hi Guys, 

New here but have been reading all of you chatting on here for a while. You've given me a good laugh over time and finally thought it was time to get involved in the craic. Based in Kent, newbie to the trade. Pretty dead out here though, only selling the cheapies with no decent punters coming in and very few enquires through on email and on the phones. Anyone who does enquire seems to just blank my calls. Very frustrating but guess it's just the nature of the game. 

Just spent my morning discussing what we could possibly doing wrong and having the same old advertising chat we've had for the past god knows how long! Rang round and everyone round here is complaining of being quiet. Have reduced my cars, changed the adverts but to no avail. Autotrader is telling me my ads are being viewed 70% less than others as well. God knows! 

If anyones got a spare 5 for any advice, maybe to look over an ad or two of mine then that would be greatly appreciated. 

Nice to meet you all anyway! 

2 hours ago, tradex said:

A picture with Mike Brewer would never appear on my website, it's my understanding that he has a dreadful reputation with Joe Public, those whom express an opinion ;)

Have a great personal story of him at Blackbushe buying a P38 from years ago:D

Do tell! 

Having it off right now, if it stays like this for November I'm having end Dec 2 weeks and start Jan 2 weeks off , well catching up all of my own jobs lol, Phones off, Gates Shut and Locked though !!

33 minutes ago, TobiasWalker said:

Hi Guys, 

New here but have been reading all of you chatting on here for a while. You've given me a good laugh over time and finally thought it was time to get involved in the craic. Based in Kent, newbie to the trade. Pretty dead out here though, only selling the cheapies with no decent punters coming in and very few enquires through on email and on the phones. Anyone who does enquire seems to just blank my calls. Very frustrating but guess it's just the nature of the game. 

Just spent my morning discussing what we could possibly doing wrong and having the same old advertising chat we've had for the past god knows how long! Rang round and everyone round here is complaining of being quiet. Have reduced my cars, changed the adverts but to no avail. Autotrader is telling me my ads are being viewed 70% less than others as well. God knows! 

If anyones got a spare 5 for any advice, maybe to look over an ad or two of mine then that would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Tobias, thanks for the intro.  Welcome.

I’m glad to hear you’ve been reading for a while. So you’ll have seen lots of advice on here before re: adverts/pics etc. I’m sure we’ll happily critique a bit if you let us see an ad or website. 

33 minutes ago, TobiasWalker said:

Hi Guys, 

I’m in Bromley and the enquiries are flying in, relatively speaking of course. I don’t have a lot of stock. You talk to one trader and he says it’s dead and never known or so bad, talk to another 5 miles up the road and he can’t breathe for enquiries. It’s the same with any business, feast or famine. If you’re good at what you do you’ll sell cars/boats/vans//shoes or whatever it is you’re selling. 

Fire your adverts up here and i’ll help if I can, as will others. 

2 hours ago, TobiasWalker said:

Hi Guys, 

Happy to help on here or ping  me an email umesh@autochange.co.uk or bell me 01782 822 700

Umesh 

3 hours ago, TobiasWalker said:

Hi Guys, 

Hi Tobias , send us a link to your stock on web site , then stand back as we can get very honest :)

Constructive too though :) 

We have done 4 this morning , Two yesterday and 3 Sat , Just seen a finance enquiry for one more just ping in too . 

Business out there if you can catch it . 

9 hours ago, TobiasWalker said:

Autotrader is telling me my ads are being viewed 70% less than others as well. God knows! 

I’m in Kent and I have the same issue sometimes. The only thing I would say is I have then reduced the price and it hasn’t made much difference, someone might correct me but if someone in your area isn’t looking for that particular car then the views are always going to be lower. However I have had some show 70% less then suddenly someone is looking and they go to + figures.

Also if they Ave views for that type of car are in single figures (say 5) and you have two it stands to reason that your percentage will be miles out yet the relative amount isn’t that drastic.

Best of luck, I have found this place a great help

I keep spreadsheets of every month of every year i have traded. Goes back to my main dealer days of handing in commission sheets i guess.

Very surprised to see the last 3 Novembers have been exceptional and this so far has been no exception.

My service and MOT bay is my main income stream and i only stock about 10 cars but have done 8 so far this month and had some good profits on them. Just need to buy a few this week now.

Busy for me and I don’t stock many. Buying hasn’t been too bad either 

11 hours ago, lastyboy said:

I keep spreadsheets of every month of every year i have traded. Goes back to my main dealer days of handing in commission sheets i guess.

Very surprised to see the last 3 Novembers have been exceptional and this so far has been no exception.

My service and MOT bay is my main income stream and i only stock about 10 cars but have done 8 so far this month and had some good profits on them. Just need to buy a few this week now.

That sounds like a good business model.