Dealer

November Trade

On 11/11/2018 at 2:47 PM, stockedup! said:

It's not great when you are not selling and others are but just get the cars right and  the punters will come and buy.

Keep the faith!

Thank you! Keeping it while working through! :)

On 11/12/2018 at 8:50 AM, NOACROSS said:

Oh dear. Anything we can help with again? Advert critique etc?

What have you got in stock? Still up on the miles German and or diesel mostly?

Keep the paperwork simple: one folder for Log Books in alphabetical order with key number written on it somewhere. 

One sold, to go out folder etc....

Lol, no just a flurry of bad luck it seems, with cars going back after 2-3 weeks with stupid issues. For a couple of weeks it was like "Of COURSE that just happened. Why wouldn't it?"
Which I think may attract more of the same? Law of attraction and all that?
Hence my head not being in it with the paperwork. But it'll ALL be sorted tomorrow. ;)

We Have done 6 this month now. Not bad for our first november.  A very large dealer close by has been struggling last month and this month however so im quite happy to be ticking a long :)

Did two yesterday, appointment this evening on one and one dipper for collection tomorrow so all being well I'll be on 7.

Lions, nutters & the penniless at the moment.

Every email contains the phrase “What is your lowest price” & every caller is the same.

No questions about age, quality, MOT. Just price.

I think this week I’ve had just about every foreign speaker based in London on the phone - all wanting £500 off to travel but not having a clue about what they’re phoning about. I don’t know how they find my phone no. cos none of them sees an advert or has a clue what they’re phoning about.

• Like 1

Our auto trader has been pretty much dead of late, but we are selling alot off of the front.  We are selling lots of BMW m sports - audi s lines etc - any thing run of the mill is getting no attention

7 minutes ago, BHM said:

Lions, nutters & the penniless at the moment.

Every email contains the phrase “What is your lowest price” & every caller is the same.

No questions about age, quality, MOT. Just price.

I think this week I’ve had just about every foreign speaker based in London on the phone - all wanting £500 off to travel but not having a clue about what they’re phoning about. I don’t know how they find my phone no. cos none of them sees an advert or has a clue what they’re phoning about.

Is your number scrawled on the inside of a phone box?  Big Hairy Man can satisfy your needs £501. Just phone .............

Edited by David Ayers

8 so far with healthy margins in all but one. Buying has been easier, 7 this week.

Last year, October November December were very busy for us and so far this year it's the same.

13 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

27 so far this month , bought in 5 from the cars wanted sign, must say we nicked them ! all cash deals, we dont do finance at all :)

Well done, sounds like a great month!

How many do you stock?

-Kelly-

Well after a enthusiastic start to the month, i haven’t sold a car iin 11 days and the phone hasn’t rung in a week. Funny old game....

If it helps it is the same here, 8 in the first 10 days and only sold 2 since. 

Very quiet on the enquires front also and don't get me started with trying to buy anything this week :angry:

Gone quiet after a promising start, 2 deposits this week on old stock so no real profit left in them, but good to move them on (assuming they go out of course....)

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Well after a enthusiastic start to the month, i haven’t sold a car iin 11 days and the phone hasn’t rung in a week. Funny old game....

Exactly the same here.... 

Dropped off here a little by the sound of things. Been off incredibly ill for the first time in years must have saved up 4 years worth of Flu.

Likewise, this week has not really happened with moving used stuff, lots of quoting on the new ones but actual closed client numbers are down.  

Have put a few bits on Trade Mail, little interest apart from a couple of Avensis D4D’s that are now off to Ireland.

Dipper today on a Skoda which had shit loads of interest (said nobody, anywhere, ever) makes 8 for the month and bearing in mind the bad luck I've had and the refund I had to give (limiting my cashflow) I'm happy enough with that. Still a week left as well.

Very busy start of my month 6 in the first 6 days! And then 8 to prep all at the same time (I work alone) so it feels like a very busy month although I have not seen a customer since last week! Currently on 8 with a viewing tomorrow morning by a very-sub-prime finance customer who claims to have sorted his own finance and even left me a £100 deposit for the £18650 car! That deal is a bit of a long shot but if he buys (if his brokers say yes actually) it will be a great month. 

I also had a (phone) comeback today. A Honda Insight buyer from Birmingham with a battery problem. Wanted to go to Halfords. I sent him to his local ECP instead where a battery was waiting for him (£47 all in). He was most impressed when he needed his radio code and I texted him the correct one from memory! Didn't say anything stupid like "Nick, you must've had a problem with that battery since you've had to enter that code often enough to know it by heart" :lol:

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Dipper today on a Skoda which had shit loads of interest

"It's just like an Audi isn't it, only it's a third of the price". I never liked Skodas. Must be an ex-communism thing for me. A reminder from a past life. 

2 today so already equaled last November with a week to go and a viewing due in 20 minutes. :)

Quiet week but still a good month overall.

I wonder if Black Friday has an impact this week?

Did anyone run any promotions today? We supply parts too and have done well today on that. Not tried BF discounts on cars yet but I see some are. Might consider next year.

I genuinely did that old cliche of checking the phone was working today.

October was our worst ever month for units sold and profit. November has been much better but still not stonking for units gone, thankfully a few have had decent lumps in them. Starting to get some write off replacements now the roads are dark and slippy which helps but recon will start to increase with batteries, discs and calipers now it's getting cold.

On a plus i've managed to paint the office, lay a new floor to replace the stained carpet we inherited with the cabin and build some new furniture...i'm knackered, this game sure makes you unfit.

27 minutes ago, mike101 said:

Did anyone run any promotions today?

I saw that Tom Hartley had a fixed £5000 off per car for Black Friday.

29 minutes ago, mike101 said:

Did anyone run any promotions today? We supply parts too and have done well today on that. Not tried BF discounts on cars yet but I see some are. Might consider next year.

We did a full page ad in the local rag with BF discounts on half the stock...sold nowt.

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

^^

I read ...sold out for a second and thought that I've missed a trick

Believe me if we'd sold out I wouldn't be sitting indoors on a Friday night! As it stands it's curry and hope for a decent (if somewhat rainy) Saturday.