Dealer

November Trade

4 today, 12 for the month.

It's not gonna break any records or make me rich but the bills are paid in November and we have 6 days to add some cream on top (and a few appointments tbf).

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Yes that is correct. 5 million limit for PL,  my insurance is with Arista / Ageas. Annual premium £1521. 

Mine is due up soon Nick, how much stock does it cover for if you don't mind me asking. 

Re: Overheads

I calculate margin car by car I.e. selling price, less recon, less VAT margin, less purchase price and then less £10 per day in stock (the total cost of my fixed overheads /number of cars /365). This equals the exact and true profit or loss from a deal (pre tax).

For those thinking you’ve just earned £2,000 in a deal would be really shocked with the true figures.

Just now, tradex said:

Sorry, my bad. Our PL is around £250 for the year, seperate from road risk n stock etc. 

:)

Yeah good point that 

our deals today 

8k, 6k, 4k & £3.5k

got 3 sub 2k part ex’s to go on so we will see how we do - 

top spec diesel auto rover 75 with 82k (I know)

2008 grand scenic 70odd k

2004 Clio billabong with 80k

Fingers crossed 

3 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Yeah good point that 

our deals today 

8k, 6k, 4k & £3.5k

got 3 sub 2k part ex’s to go on so we will see how we do - 

top spec diesel auto rover 75 with 82k (I know)

2008 grand scenic 70odd k

2004 Clio billabong with 80k

Fingers crossed 

If the Rover is an Ambassador and it is a good one......it will be worth more than you think

1 hour ago, SC Derby said:

It’s Connoisseur I believe

clean as owt but on a 2002

£1500 all day, that.

2 hours ago, SC Derby said:

It’s Connoisseur I believe

clean as owt but on a 2002

Of Course a Connoisseur,That is what I meant.

£1390 ?,I think you might need to invest in a ‘future classic’ car mag.

Well if the phone melts overnight (I stuck it on with a few pics and it’s not clean) then I can adjust it for Monday as I’m not in the office to sell it tomorrow.

not sure on classic car though 

Alright I’ve bumped her up to £1500

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 0:54 AM, AutoJacob said:

How do you sleep at night? £23K.. Per month.

He will sleep at night because he will have months were he does very well indeed.

I think there will be plenty of people who will be running with this and more nowadays, good main road sites have always been expensive when all exes are taken into consideration.

10 hours ago, SC Derby said:

Well if the phone melts overnight (I stuck it on with a few pics and it’s not clean) then I can adjust it for Monday as I’m not in the office to sell it tomorrow.

For a 16 year old Rover 75? I’ll be interested to know what it raises cos it looks like a few hundred quids worth to my eyes.

I find that too many traders concentrate on the age alone and not what the actual car is like. I ask brewsters for something that is in excellent nick and always draw of someone. I had an old Omega diesel estate not that long ago but it was an absolute pip of a car(65k, one owner from new etc etc), Put it on at £2695 and had 3 people on it, felt like I give it away LOL. A couple of lads had looked at it when it was in the dealership but were bidding from £100 to £400 at it!! I know we all rate stuff at different money but I honestly think you just have to look at the car, forget the plate on it, and work from there.

1 hour ago, stockedup! said:

I find that too many traders concentrate on the age alone and not what the actual car is like

Absolutely! 

Something an old £2000 part ex will earn me more than the £15K retail car it came against. 

In this trade some dealers have a feel about a rare and unusual car and others wouldn't touch anything unfamiliar. I'd go with rare or unusual every time. 

Nice cars those 75’s. In laws had one and I drove it back from Devon once. Nice, comfy place to do fast miles. They sold it and bought an x type and regretted it immediately. A cheap tourer one would be ideal for my eldest once insurance gets reasonable. Generally older owners so lots of them been looked after and serviced properly. 

1 minute ago, SC Derby said:

Agreed :lol:

We all feel like that when they fly out the door, the first deal is the best deal though....well done!

On 24/11/2018 at 8:57 PM, trade vet said:

Of Course a Connoisseur,That is what I meant.

£1390 ?,I think you might need to invest in a ‘future classic’ car mag.

On 24/11/2018 at 9:12 PM, SC Derby said:

I take it Trade Vets cheque is in the post? :)