Sign in to follow this  
Barclaywoodmotorco

DECEMBER SALES

December feels more upbeat than November. Only on 3 so far, two being cheapies under a Grand, but, a decent retail one with it and a few enquiries about.... fingers crossed!

Strugling to understand this job at the mo.we have had a really quiet couple of months now,had half year accounts done and at the end of august was showing a small profit witch we were very happy with(we all take a fair wage and with the cash bits you get owning your own business and all the other benefits such as free insurance,r/tax,repairs/petrol alowance/etc etc we do ok)but since sep. we have been very quiet,but the auction prices in no way reflect our state,any other thoughts on this issue,thanks in advance,Peter

On 07/12/2016 at 9:43 AM, peter..o said:

Strugling to understand this job at the mo.we have had a really quiet couple of months now,had half year accounts done and at the end of august was showing a small profit witch we were very happy with(we all take a fair wage and with the cash bits you get owning your own business and all the other benefits such as free insurance,r/tax,repairs/petrol alowance/etc etc we do ok)but since sep. we have been very quiet,but the auction prices in no way reflect our state,any other thoughts on this issue,thanks in advance,Peter

People stocking up for December/Jan maybe?

Having a December to forget so far.

Four sold and all four have developed faults that weren't present before handover.

Makes you love cars this job!

I wish I had one of those stocking loan things ( not really prefer to be my own banker) and space ( about 3 times what I have!). Difficult to sell anything right now, but I,ve been offered quite a few which I know there would be really good profit in round the corner. Can't buy unless I sell though. Catch 22

19 minutes ago, XFS said:

I wish I had one of those stocking loan things ( not really prefer to be my own banker) and space ( about 3 times what I have!). Difficult to sell anything right now, but I,ve been offered quite a few which I know there would be really good profit in round the corner. Can't buy unless I sell though. Catch 22

i used to think like that

i prefer to use my own money so i can decide what to stock etc too

its why i started working for myself

i would love the job more if i didn't have to deal with customers of course ,because buying is so much more fun than selling is these days unfortunately

Taken a deposit today on a BMW 525d, but he's a bit flakey, so we will see...... Will be a good deal if it comes off.

26 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Taken a deposit today on a BMW 525d, but he's a bit flakey, so we will see...... Will be a good deal if it comes off.

get him some head and shoulders then:lol:

1 minute ago, s and b said:

get him some head and shoulders then:lol:

I'll buy him the biggest bottle I can find, if he comes back and goes through with the deal!! :lol:

Rubbish!!

Sold a smart car mhd and customer only had it 30 mins before the alternator belt snapped common problem looking on the forums, wish I knew that before hand! DONT BUY A SMART MHD! Only the turbo petrol or CDI. 

C4 picasso EGS came back in p/x with a knackered clutch

Little 107 with clean BCA Assured report and badly slipping clutch which I've reported to them.

:unsure:

After the positivity of last week this one has undone the good work.

8 appointments made in total , just the 1 turned up, didn't buy.

sold cheapy p/ex, that's it. Can't predict anything at the minute. Nothing today except a collection from last Saturday. Dull.

2 yesterday but both with not much in them. Had a promising start to the month but its dropped off, similar to November.

Just going to start focusing on the new year stock now as the end of this year has been poor. Bring on 2017!

On 12/9/2016 at 4:29 PM, Ocsltd said:

Well, much to my surprise, he came back today, paid the balance, and drove away in his new shiny car, much to my relief! 

That 1 deal has sorted my December out, off to order that Turkey.....

Why do 'bad credit' customers as soon as the deal gets confirmed suddenly need the car instantly / 5 minutes ago now, now, now. :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, peter..o said:

STRUGGLED TO DO 3 OVER WEEKEND,NOTHING MON OR TUES,FED UP!!!!

Only 3 over the weekend ;)... I'd be happy todo that a week at the moment.

23 hours ago, Jack Regan said:

Only 3 over the weekend ;)... I'd be happy todo that a week at the moment.

Me too, 

done a golf gt, a bmw 3 series and ka since Friday.

Got punters on a 5 door fiesta thats well prices, and a banger civic, old 3 door shape Ive had nothing but boy racers on biddng me in the balls for it.

One rang earlier on to ask why it was so cheap, ''Whats wrong wit it''  Nothing I reply, just cheap part ex to clear. Ok Whats the lowest on it then pal ???

HANG ON A MIN, YOU WERE MOANING IT WAS TO CHEAP A FEW SECONDS AGO

12 hours ago, s and b said:

im sick of badly worded txts offers and no shows

why dont people phone anymore

People have not been shown how to use the phone anymore they only use fingers and thumbs and no longer understand the 'art of conversation' ! 

41 minutes ago, umesh said:

People have not been shown how to use the phone anymore they only use fingers and thumbs and no longer understand the 'art of conversation' ! 

Generation that is constantly connected yet fail to actually connect -_-

52 minutes ago, umesh said:

You sound just like me Umesh! It's one of my biggest grips these days and pee's me off no end!

Not only that though when you give the illiterate bar-stewards the benefit of doubt and reply politely with a well constructed answer, you never hear from them again! Not even a thank you, kiss my ass or nothing!

Done a deal today. Woohoo :)

Still dead though. Phones ringing but reckon 80% of viewings are no showing - maybe more.

Had a few crazies too, sold one a car for £1990 16 months ago would we buy it back today for £1600?

Then a p/ex Corsa 2005 1.2 102k. Had a bodykit on it then removed and the holes are still there. Clunky steering and noisy chain. MOT up in Feb. They paid £1300 in February this year so can't let it go for less than £750. It was £250 at most! 

Nothing you can do when it goes like this except ride it out.

1 hour ago, SC Derby said:

Done a deal today. Woohoo :)

Still dead though. Phones ringing but reckon 80% of viewings are no showing - maybe more.

Had a few crazies too, sold one a car for £1990 16 months ago would we buy it back today for £1600?

Then a p/ex Corsa 2005 1.2 102k. Had a bodykit on it then removed and the holes are still there. Clunky steering and noisy chain. MOT up in Feb. They paid £1300 in February this year so can't let it go for less than £750. It was £250 at most! 

Nothing you can do when it goes like this except ride it out.

At least your phone is ringing, starting to think mine has been cut off!! ;)

Come January, they'll all come out of the woodwork, leave me with no stock, then I'll be scrabbling to find some decent stock..... Can't win.