DJC CARS

Dealer Auction Platform

Evening all, anyone signed up to the new Dealer Auction, Manheim, Autotrader platform?

£99+vat for 12 months subscription which is now £99+vat a month! It's a massive increase but is it worth it?

I think the price is very fair and the platfrom very good

said no one ever

• Haha 1

I wonder how many will actually sign up? The only benefit I can see is that you can actually sell cars on there where you had to be a franchised dealer on Dealer Auction?

I maybe wrong as I've not signed up but thats what it looks like.

6 hours ago, DJC CARS said:

I wonder how many will actually sign up? The only benefit I can see is that you can actually sell cars on there where you had to be a franchised dealer on Dealer Auction?

I maybe wrong as I've not signed up but thats what it looks like.

yes thats correct you can list your own stock on there

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tom said:

yes thats correct you can list your own stock on there

Oh right. So it’s no longer (main) Dealer Auction - as was their USP! I’m probably late to catch on and being a bit thick. All that’s happened is AT have paid for the right to the name in a nutshell. I also forgot that DA is a Cox group company- or was. Surprised it didn’t just get rolled into the Manheim website. 

I've been informed Cox Automotive ( Manheim & Dealer Auction) own 51% and Autotrader own 49% of the platform.

Autotrader are using the new Dealer Auction co.uk platform to promote dealer stock sales / movements, Dealer Auction Sales, Manheim Auction Sales and the old Autotrademail between dealers.

The biggest issue for me is it costs 12x the amount and you will still get the same badly described cars because no one wants to give up good retail stock! 

The cost would be irrelative if it worked, the problem is sites get sold then to recoup the investment they get diluted with shite vendors and become dumping grounds for sales managers who have fooked up a deal or managers who couldn't describe a pair of shoes properly.

joined autotrade-mail in 2005 it had circa 1500 members by 2006 and it was unusual to have an issue with anyone on there, cost was £40 a month, when i left it in 2016 autotrader owned it and already increased membership to 2400 members at £90 a month, instead of managing it properly for the long run it was diluted in the quest for AT to claw back the outlay, its current status is - fooked and worthless.

be interesting to see how this latest partnership pans out..

14 minutes ago, tradex said:

AT will fuck this up too is my guess;)

good chance of that:blink: i always thought there was a reason why AT changed, years ago you could call the girls in newton-le-willows and they were on the ball and helpful, they even listened and appreciated the feedback, they were even value for money back then....then they moved to manchester, a stones throw from where the hacienda club once stood, remember ringing once and talking to some office lad and telling him he must of found some left over happy pills, he was probably conceived in that club in 1990, whatever it was he was off his fookin head, clueless.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Laura Cannon said:

Cartotrade.com would love to help any of you that may be looking for an alternative!

Here's a bit more about us from the latest edition of Car Dealer Magazine...

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/182005-2/182005

could you tell us how many cars are on the platform for example today? and how many franchise vendors do you have on board? thanks in advance.

Sure, there's 735 cars and 52 LCVs right now. This varies anywhere between 750-1000 depending on how quickly they move - the stock is changing by the minute. 

We've a couple of hundred Franchised vendors but in addition every Franchise dealer is notified when a prime piece of stock appropriate to their profile is listed.

49 minutes ago, Laura Cannon said:

Cartotrade.com would love to help any of you that may be looking for an alternative!

Here's a bit more about us from the latest edition of Car Dealer Magazine...

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/182005-2/182005

Website not the most user friendly

Choice is limited

Ridiculous retail prices!

Photos not mandatory

No cap guide prices shown unless you pay extra

''Motorway Premium'' advertising stock with a guide price, turns out they don't own it and you must bid for these privately owned cars without an appraisal

No appraisal so its great for offloading grade 5's from BCA

OH did I mention ridiculous retail prices!

Edited by Scooby who
  • Like 1

Nice people. Worth a look and they’ll give you a free trial. 
(DA was daft prices too)

everytime i try and log in it keep asking me to verify this device, Its very sloppy considering the amount of time and funds they had to get things right its a complete dogs dinner. 

Rather than shoot them down I’d say give cartotrade a chance.

If you don’t like it don’t use it & if vendors are trying for retail prices they’ll soon get the message. 

Tbh almost anything has got to be an improvement on some of the rascals on DA - assuming they police vendors and enforce some sort of minimum standard of appraisal.

4 hours ago, Jack Regan said:

cant even get on new dealer auction site now , was working fine , now nothing.

Same here. Cannot get past login. Phone engaged all day. Sent email no response. Phone now ringing out, beginning to miss the old DA already

2 hours ago, BHM said:

Rather than shoot them down I’d say give cartotrade a chance.

If you don’t like it don’t use it & if vendors are trying for retail prices they’ll soon get the message. 

Tbh almost anything has got to be an improvement on some of the rascals on DA - assuming they police vendors and enforce some sort of minimum standard of appraisal.

Been there done that, was on there for long enough.

Got proper stung with a 2015 clocked Golf with panels replaced, sent third party round to collect, almost got sick when I seen it. Paid £8000 for it and lost a lot when I had to run it through BCA to get rid.

Its not an auction site and stuff sits there for months on end as there is no finish time, really only retail stuff that's not shifting. Not that many PX's. Then there are the couple of regulars who buy the grade 3,4,5 from Manheim and BCA and add their £1000 or so

Cheaper prices on retail Autotrader from my experience.

Edited by Scooby who

My advice to any franchised vendor who used Dealer Auction would be to try Full Auction, surely that could be made a go of again?!  Nice simple format that always worked, just a shame Robins and Day pulled out.  If you do use Full Auction, don't tell Autotrader or they will meander across and balls that up as well!

• Like 1

I'v emailed a few trusted vendors I bought off to give them my thoughts. What a complete and utter dog's dinner that have made of that. One can only presume the folk of Wilson towers found some acid down the back of the sofa when they were designing that.

53 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Utter disaster 

still can’t get on and can’t get through on the phones 

Same , and I'm loath to give out my debit card details again in case AT start 'accidentally' taking £99 per month...

If hardly anyone can get on how long will it be before vendors get sick of not selling?

You’d imagine DA/AT will sort this pronto.

I eventually got on ok. Its definitely a lot different and first impressions are not great but I'll give them a week to bed in.

If it helps anyone else your Autotrader portal email address has to be the same as your registered dealer auction address, otherwise you wont get access to the "Sourcing" part which is in effect Dealer Auction.

I was able to log in on Chrome but every car I clicked I got a 404 error. After a bit of testing I can only get it to run successfully on Explorer.

Type in mazda and not only does it show mazdas but all cars being sold by mazda franchises which is annoying