Arfur Dealy

July, how’s it going

Oh, sorry Grant when you wrote “I literally just book them in now and that’s it” I thought that was literally it. 

Edited by Nick M.K.

I don't historically have a problem with time-waters, first viewer buys the car almost every time and they are often the first and only person to make an enquiry. They have to prove they are serious to get an appointment. I don't do text or email tennis. 

My problem at the moment is I can't find that one person...or any other person for that matter, not had an enquiry in three weeks.

1 hour ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Not one enquiry in 3 weeks??

Not so much as a text. It’s happened before, but it’s dents your confidence.

It just needs one and the ball is in play again.

3 hours ago, XFS said:

I don't historically have a problem with time-waters, first viewer buys the car almost every time and they are often the first and only person to make an enquiry. They have to prove they are serious to get an appointment. I don't do text or email tennis. 

My problem at the moment is I can't find that one person...or any other person for that matter, not had an enquiry in three weeks.

We have all been there, how many do you have in stock ? 

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

We have all been there, how many do you have in stock ? 

Small stock, fairly high value.

Usually 5 to 8 at 15k to 20k per unit.

Right now 5.

Done a couple and maybe a couple in the pipeline but truthfully we’ve not really got started yet. 

9 hours ago, XFS said:

Right now 5.

I’m finding lumpier stock for me is becoming harder to shift, some fly out, then some sit, always been like that though.

I’v currently got 50k sat in 5 cars which aren’t getting much interest, normally they would have flown out. However, the cheaper sub 5k stuff is doing really well for me, it’ll pick up for you, always does :)

Edited by Arfur Dealy

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I’m finding lumpier stock for me is becoming harder to shift, some fly out, then some sit, always been like that though.

I’v currently got 50k sat in 5 cars which aren’t getting much interest, normally they would have flown out. However, the cheaper sub 5k stuff is doing really well for me, it’ll pick up for you, always does :)

Thanks. I’m sure it will to. The landscape changes as soon as you sell a couple :)

12 hours ago, XFS said:

Right now 5.

Sure the prices are still competitive?

Been some drops in past 6 weeks that took me by surprise

2 minutes ago, twerp said:

Yes. Mostly getting the grey priced low on AT and in the lowest priced 10% for the model/mileage. I’m thinking of increasing each in price by 1k to see what that does.

29 minutes ago, twerp said:

Like the 2016 Ford Kuga Titanium I bought in p/x early June for £9200 (under Cap Below at the time) and watched similar cars go through the block for 10500-11500. Now my £9200 are just shy of Cap Clean and at £12K I've only had a couple of calls. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Like the 2016 Ford Kuga Titanium I bought in p/x early June for £9200 (under Cap Below at the time) and watched similar cars go through the block for 10500-11500. Now my £9200 are just shy of Cap Clean and at £12K I've only had a couple of calls. 

That's it exactly. Just looked at yours, it has plenty going for it and you bought it really well.

So I thought at the time. Yet the market proves us wrong. Again :-)

44 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

2013 Kuga Titanium in white £9000

Came in Friday. Deposit today

Sold for £9K?

Bought for? 

How does this compare to my 2016 model?

Edited by Nick M.K.

7 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Sold for £9K?

Bought for? 

How does this compare to my 2016 model?

Pm’d

Sold one car so far this month but had a brilliant night last night and managed to fix 3 cars that will be up for sale at the weekend. Sometime its the small victories, now someone buy the damn things before summer is over. (Two of them are convertibles)

6 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Sometime its the small victories, now someone buy the damn things before summer is over. (Two of them are convertibles)

In know the feeling. Agreed to buy a customers Fiat 500S Convertible last week, they are buying an ex demo one else where. Price is right and its a nice example, 2015, 21k, Red, FSH etc. About 3 days of prep when it does arrive, getting the wheels done. However customer isn't sure when new car will be ready, meanwhile i'm sweating working out my sales guff to try selling it on a soggy day in November!

4 hours ago, CRW said:

In know the feeling. Agreed to buy a customers Fiat 500S Convertible last week, they are buying an ex demo one else where. Price is right and its a nice example, 2015, 21k, Red, FSH etc. About 3 days of prep when it does arrive, getting the wheels done. However customer isn't sure when new car will be ready, meanwhile i'm sweating working out my sales guff to try selling it on a soggy day in November!

I know the pressure of trying to get the convertibles sorted asap we brought a few convertibles with some issues about a month ago mainly minis and we have been busting our ass ever since trying to get them all ready for the end of this month ideally. Two left now one with an EML and one with an engine change needed .......

I've had a cracking start last week(9) but the week before was just the one. Not had a sniff on anything so far this week, the job really is all over the place!

Two viewings tomorrow one is a pretty much done deal and one just called to book.

Hopefully get two more up for sale over the weekend and have two on the way.

excuse the pun but we have been absolutely motoring. 37 in 37 days. then on the 6th of July someone turned the tap off! zero sales in 6 days. the tap will soon be switched on and we can resume as normal :)

here's to a great weekend everyone and I hope we all smash it out of the park :)

On 04/07/2019 at 5:09 PM, David Horgan said:

98 406 OMG :lol: wasn't worth a grand when it was new :D. With 200,000 on clock I'd tell him it will cost him £50 to leave it here as scrap has gone down in value :rolleyes:

I would have been generous and offered him £100 ha