AdrenalineJunkie

Ferrari - write off?

I bought a new Ferrari last year. It spent most of the time parked in the garage, but I had it out last week and it started raining. I slipped on a bend on the motorway and crashed into a barrier and thought I had written the car off. It was in a pretty bad state and I thought I was going to die at the time. I had assumed because of the extent of the damage that the insurance company would write it off, but they have indicated they are planning to repair it because it is so new and still has so much value to replace. 

Now I never want to set foot in another sports car again, and so if it is repaired and returned then I will be selling it straight away but I am concerned that it will be worth much less after the crash. Any words of advice from the forum?

What a load of fucking bollocks.

You're right it's not worth much now. 

I'll give you a grand.

55 minutes ago, AdrenalineJunkie said:

Now I never want to set foot in another sports car again, and so if it is repaired and returned then I will be selling it straight away but I am concerned that it will be worth much less after the crash. Any words of advice from the forum?

Stating the  obvious .................obviously !!!!!!!

Edited by Blenheim Car Sales

Well I imagine the OP’s adrenaline lust was satisfied. 

Wouldn’t WBAC take the junk? Or do they have a limit?

cant be much of an adrenaline junkie if you dont want to do it again.

• Like 1

I didn't realise this would be so contentious. I have been a little bit vague with the details, for obvious reasons, but I was hoping to receive a little constructive advice. 

And the login name I thought was ironic.

If you had a 12 month old Ferrari you would not be on this forum looking for advice about what to do with it. Jog on with this bullshit 

29 minutes ago, AdrenalineJunkie said:

I didn't realise this would be so contentious. I have been a little bit vague with the details, for obvious reasons, but I was hoping to receive a little constructive advice. 

:lol: you thought Car Dealers would give you constructive help...

45 minutes ago, AdrenalineJunkie said:

Ha made me chuckle although ‘moronic’ might have worked better than ironic. ;o)

Seriously though. Are you a dealer or a punter? If it’s repaired right then what are you worried about?

Don’t you get new-for-old within the first year of insurance? I wouldn’t want it at all. Let alone repaired, as I would wager most on here would agree.   I especially wouldn’t want to drive it in the wet. 

Tell the insurance company you don’t want it repaired and they need to weigh you out. Or trade it in for something more within your driving abilities ;op (I remember Casey Winger Stoner saying to the Goat Valentino Rossi that maybe his ambition had outweighed his talent)

Right, I’m off out in my MK1 CRV Auto to walk the dog...they’re both pretty good in the rain. 

Edited by NOACROSS

Just to keep the story alive what Ferrari was it ? I have an old 360 that you have to work very hard to lose the back in, i have driven 320 bmw with more twitch 

Hang on guys, I can provide some assistance on this one....

When i was 5 years old I had a Tonka  Dumper Truck which i used to sit on the rear of and ride down the drive at my parents house (no seat - i just sat in the dumper part of the rear). Until one day I lost control of it going down the driveway and crashed. I really hurt my knee and required 5 stitches, my mother told me on the way to the hospital i might lose my leg. 

Afterwards i was reluctant to ride the Tonka Truck again.... however with a little persuasion I did indeed overcome my fears.

I swear after the first accident it didn't feel right. So i decided not to play with it outside and only keep it inside as an ornament.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AdrenalineJunkie said:

Can you post any photos up? I love rubbing one out to smashed up Ferrari's even better if there's bloodstains on the windscreen

Didn’t Clarkson say he had to flog his Ferrari after leaving it in London and coming back to more phlegm than a swimming pool has water in it?

2 hours ago, EPV said:

Can you post any photos up? I love rubbing one out to smashed up Ferrari's even better if there's bloodstains on the windscreen

:lol::lol: Rub away!!

Adrenaline Junkie's get back on the horse again & again & again .

Once an adrenaline nut always one , A little excursion doesn't stop with a wee crying paddy fit and " I'm not playing anymore :wacko:

By the way its worth Feck all now , Spot one of those that's had a whoppsy :o at 500 paces 

28 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

A little excursion doesn't stop with a wee crying paddy fit and " I'm not playing anymore :wacko:

Agree 100% adrenaline junkie here :)

I been very busy all day, how the fuck did I miss out on this, the potential at around 10:30 this morning would have been way too hard to resist :lol:

I rolled my Lambo Gallardo a while back, absolutely smashed it to bits through the esses, patched it up over night and drove it flat out round the track again the next day !! ..........................................

The Digital Scalextric is great fun when there's a crowd of us at mine ;) 

Edited by Dave2302

I know this thread is crap but any Ferrari that has been into a barrier is going to be a total loss.  If by some sure fluke this story is real pm me some pictures and I will advise you on how to get the car written off.  

P.s, 

If you want a replacement 488, give me a shout.

On 21/05/2019 at 6:33 PM, Dave2302 said:

I rolled my Lambo Gallardo a while back, absolutely smashed it to bits through the esses, patched it up over night and drove it flat out round the track again the next day !! .........................................

The only thing AJ has rolled is the five fingered widow along his shaft as he typed his initial post.

On 21/05/2019 at 6:33 PM, Dave2302 said:

Agree 100% adrenaline junkie here :)

I been very busy all day, how the fuck did I miss out on this, the potential at around 10:30 this morning would have been way too hard to resist :lol:

I rolled my Lambo Gallardo a while back, absolutely smashed it to bits through the esses, patched it up over night and drove it flat out round the track again the next day !! ..........................................

The Digital Scalextric is great fun when there's a crowd of us at mine ;) 

The 'fun' starts at about 0:56 for those that can't stand the excitement of waiting.

Not a girl in sight, obviously!:lol:

15 hours ago, met said:

Not a girl in sight, obviously!

I'll tell you why that is ...............

Mel can take 2 Controllers and competitively race 2 cars around different parts of the track, changing lanes, pitting for fuel etc etc, I know other ladies who can too.......................shows all us fellas right up !!

This is an example of Slot Rallying, the detailing is amazing on a lot of the stuff, a far cry from the old "Scalextric Set" most of us had when we were kids. The digital age made it all into a big boys toy, up to 6 cars on 1 lane, they run out of fuel and run slightly slower when full to the brim, change lanes to overtake, sector timing, 4wd Cars etc etc ...........

I have a couple of Cars which are still boxed sealed, (RAC Rally Talbot Sunbeam for example), they are worth more than some of us pay for real car px'es lol

107885941_slot-rally.jpg

Edited by Dave2302
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

I have a couple of Cars which are still boxed sealed, (RAC Rally Talbot Sunbeam for example), they are worth more than some of us pay for real car px'es lol

107885941_slot-rally.jpg

Yeah, I get that. My comment about 'no girls' was a bit tongue in cheek. Unfortunately 'model making' isn't a good way to meet girls! :D

But, as with many things the beauty is in the simplicity. I have a few friends that have revisited flying R/C planes and it is fascinating following their journey back into a sport that has now moved on way beyond where they left it in the early '80s. These guys were competitive flyers. But as much as they all want to still make planes off plan from balsa, they don't want the hassle of glow motors!