Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Project Lupo 1.7 SDI Cat C... I know, I know..... :)

14 minutes ago, tradex said:

PSS a VW without an EML, has the light been pulled?:D

I think it actually has! :lol: doesn’t come on with the ignition.

Edited by Lakeside

16 minutes ago, tradex said:

nsf dent will pull out with a heat gun and sucker I reckon. Some VeeDubya fashion victim complete with beenie hat will firm right up and cream his pants over that.B) I believe the term is 'rat look', which to anyone outside of the 'scene' would call shitta:P

PPS: I like the free mud but I've some more to look at...

PSS a VW without an EML, has the light been pulled?:D

Absolutely guaranteed :) 

1 hour ago, tradex said:

I've never heard such balderdash (always wanted to use that word one day thanks TV;)), worrying about what someone thinks about their p/x after the sale, does the headmaster, or anyone work for free? No, and nor do 99.9r% of the working population.

That p/x won't be the same car when it goes out will it, new ticket, PDI, valet etcB)

NB:- I feel like I work for free, when I change bulbs for nothing though:P

Balderdash !,Tradex that’s a compliment for me.We had a case lately where we nicked a swapper and priced it up and sold it for a lot more than the car they bought.Loads of negative feedback ( defamatory) and aggravation followed.

Include the words barn find, that will add 20% for sure, oddly enough i did find an Audi A3 TDI sline in a barn once down Gower most margin ever to be pulled from a car,, asked the guy what sort of deal did he have in mind and he said about £200 i was about to slap £200 in his hand double quick even for parts before i had chance the guy pulled out a load of rolled up notes and proceeded to count out £200 for me to take it away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I love how you said "the best bit" as you started the engine and by chance the radio played some dramatic music :lol:

Whoever said ratter is a genius.  Advertise it with a new ticket as a rat project at £995 - it'll go instantly IMO.  Or even a free space on AT at £1500 for a week or two.

Edited by Mark101

1 hour ago, Tony911 said:

Put a few houndred quid in it and retail it £1500 will be worth the investment

He needs to put in between £90 and £130 and sell it for £1200 with free advertising. That's not an investment, that's pocket change but the £1200 can come useful one day, who knows. 

Alternatively scrap it and let the scrap yard guy make £2-2.5K out of it. 

Can't wait to see the end result on this rat rod. Looks like 1 of them the more you look at it more there's wrong with it. 

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Balderdash !,Tradex that’s a compliment for me.We had a case lately where we nicked a swapper and priced it up and sold it for a lot more than the car they bought.Loads of negative feedback ( defamatory) and aggravation followed.

havent had negative feedback because they are always too old for that kind of stuff but they come back even maybe a year later and they put in the sly dig about you did very well out of their old car

everyone thinks we in the motortrade piss all our money up in the pub every night so telling them when they give you their old car for free as in this case is easier than waiting for any negativity

for the record they are told it will be checked over and retailed and if not suitable will be robbed of any parts and sent for crushing

we all know where we stand then

just to make my position very very clear

59 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I love how you said "the best bit" as you started the engine and by chance the radio played some dramatic music :lol:

Whoever said ratter is a genius.  Advertise it with a new ticket as a rat project at £995 - it'll go instantly IMO.  Or even a free space on AT at £1500 for a week or two.

the music absolutely killed me lol :D

AD what about an old skool eBay auction? You don't have to worry about anyone seeing an inflated advertised price and hopefully it will make it's true value (whatever that is...).

11 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

You buy the car in p/x, it’s yours to do whatever you want with it! 

11 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Take as much money out of that car as you can with not a lot of work. 

Exactly !!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Arfur, you can’t sell it yet.... it has too much fuel in it! 

:lol:

Its going in for an MOT, we got it on the ramp first and it looks all good..... 

I would like to know what sort of headmaster drives around in that.Looks like a complete ‘shed’ to me.Why would you want to throw money at it......I must be seriously out of touch.

6 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I would like to know what sort of headmaster drives around in that.Looks like a complete ‘shed’ to me.Why would you want to throw money at it......I must be seriously out of touch.

me too

i would see it as watering my high standards

7 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I’m guessing he didn’t want pupils drawing body parts on his “best” car :D

17 hours ago, trade vet said:

The way I see it,the headmaster I assume has left it with AD expecting it to be scrapped.Then somehow he later finds out it is being sold by AD for a grand.I think that could have repercussions,school teachers are bad enough but a headmaster.He could  be contacting his lawyer mates to concoct some rediculous case and then there is the feed back.....Just block it I think unless he has said do what you like with it.

How would any of us ever do anything if we all  worry about is highly unlikely scenarios. 

25 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

How would any of us ever do anything if we all  worry about is highly unlikely scenarios. 

Rory,we have moved on.I have already quoted a recent experience......Also,you must not know many academics,I have found that often they are not in the real world.

17 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Rory,we have moved on.I have already quoted a recent experience......Also,you must not know many academics,I have found that often they are not in the real world.

That cars trouble with a capital t in my opinion, i would not be retailing it in that condition, obviously behind the bumper its all mashed, etc, honestly think someone will buy it when window doesn't go up ? or is that video for us ? :wacko:

10 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

He needs to put in between £90 and £130 and sell it for £1200 with free advertising. That's not an investment, that's pocket change but the £1200 can come useful one day, who knows. 

Alternatively scrap it and let the scrap yard guy make £2-2.5K out of it. 

Failed on nothing major Nik. you are bang on.... lets see what happens when I have the time to get it clean :) 

7 hours ago, trade vet said:

Ermmmm... The type of headmaster who paid £541 on the 27/09/18 at 93069 miles to have a new Cambelt fitted (receipt)..... It has 15 service stamps to 91k  :)

13 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Failed on nothing major Nik. you are bang on.... lets see what happens when I have the time to get it clean :) 

Ermmmm... The type of headmaster who paid £541 on the 27/09/18 at 93069 miles to have a new Cambelt fitted (receipt)..... It has 15 service stamps to 91k  :)

hi

i struggled to find the registration as you pulled the utube link even going back in time on the internet failed on this occasion but having found a link what headteacher would have a lowering kit advised on his mot? or rather the mot youve done

and why drop the link?

12 hours ago, Mark101 said:
25 minutes ago, boring dave said:

hi

i struggled to find the registration as you pulled the utube link even going back in time on the internet failed on this occasion but having found a link what headteacher would have a lowering kit advised on his mot? or rather the mot youve done

and why drop the link?

What point are you trying to make ? 

Edited by Arfur Dealy

18 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

What point are you trying to make ? 

point?

just askin why linky dropped

so i had to find it:blink:

A headmaster that's into the rat rod scene? Lol

Who gives a shit. If AD smells a profit and his gut says it will sell then go for it. Don't forget a 20k car can bite you in the ass too?