Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

February.......

4 days of skiing. Nothing broken but had an epic fall. More humiliating than painful. 

4 sales between 5-7 Feb. 

Went away again on the 7th and took one more deposit by transfer. Flying back tonight and the handover is tomorrow so fingers crossed. 

Flying, sold 3 big £££££££ so far and workshop so busy I actually did customer car work on Sunday to catch up, first time in years ;)

9 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

4 days of skiing. Nothing broken but had an epic fall. More humiliating than painful. 

4 sales between 5-7 Feb. 

Went away again on the 7th and took one more deposit by transfer. Flying back tonight and the handover is tomorrow so fingers crossed. 

Wow that's a result.... I'm really low on advertised stock (5).... Got some lovely old banger PX's coming in and bought some really good stock since last Thursday with (12) in the pipeline to go on

A dreadfully depressing three only so far (after a good January). 

It’s a funny old game. 

Quality stock's in really short supply locally which is both a positive and negative.

Three today and 18 in for the month, could/would have been more but the wind killed trade for a couple of days and blew all the signage off the office so spent a day and £XXX's sorting that out.

Very very short on stock which is depressing, going to have a knock on effect for the rest of the month unfortunately. The stock we have managed to buy has mostly been knackered too which doesn't help.

18 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

A dreadfully depressing three only so far (after a good January). 

It’s a funny old game. 

Took your advice and put a car buying ad in the local paper,£50 quarter page.If you recall,the ‘21st Century digital guys ‘ on here said this was a total waste of time.We get a call from a guy who has given up driving.So I go and see him and he is 90 and we agree a price.So I say,give me your acc. details for payment and we will pay you now etc.He refused and insisted on a cheque ! BTW I gave him a proper price,thinking back to when I was 23 with my first pitch,I would have probably got it £1500 cheaper.So thank you again  Noacross,we will extend the ad.

4 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Took your advice and put a car buying ad in the local paper,£50 quarter page.If you recall,the ‘21st Century digital guys ‘ on here said this was a total waste of time.We get a call from a guy who has given up driving.So I go and see him and he is 90 and we agree a price.So I say,give me your acc. details for payment and we will pay you now etc.He refused and insisted on a cheque ! BTW I gave him a proper price,thinking back to when I was 23 with my first pitch,I would have probably got it £1500 cheaper.So thank you again  Noacross,we will extend the ad.

Result. Well done. (Yes, I must admit that at least 70% of purchases are from over 70’s, or from deceased people via their children-but I guess they’re the buyers of the local rag mostly.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Result. Well done. (Yes, I must admit that at least 70% of purchases are from over 70’s, or from deceased people via their children-but I guess they’re the buyers of the local rag mostly.)

Yeah,we also bought one today ( ex deceased lady) from her son.As an exercise I had bid book on the condition he took it elsewhere so I could see what others were bidding.One bid £900 less than us and WBAC had offered the same online but  when he showed it to them,various extra  charges were brought in to play and they were then £400 less !

Off the back of a good Dec & Jan its all gone quiet over here. 2 done and a couple traded. Off on holiday for a week on Sunday so need a good week B)

Good here

10 on the board and it’s our month with no VAT and no rent so 16 would do...

we should do way into the 20s unless something goes wrong.

been very steady 

None sold, but had none to sell. Only 2 went up for sale the past week, plus another 6 being prepped. Back's sort of to the wall at the minute, so hoping for a couple of quick sales.

Not heard much from you TG! 

Was gonna message you. What’s been happening last few months?

Still with the business partner?

7 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

None sold, but had none to sell. Only 2 went up for sale the past week, plus another 6 being prepped. Back's sort of to the wall at the minute, so hoping for a couple of quick sales.

• Like 1

Going really well. Only stock 10 to 12 ( only 6 in stock at the moment ) and in double figures already for the month.

Got some nice stuff in prep as well.

12 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Not heard much from you TG! 

Was gonna message you. What’s been happening last few months?

Still with the business partner?

Haha yes, still with him. He's a good partner, and we're both aware of things we need to do going forward.
Thanks for thinking of me! Past few months have been alright. Ups and downs as is this business, but surprisingly better than expected. God willing (and Brexit willing) it'll continue.

7 hours ago, trade vet said:

( ex deceased lady)

Has she been reincarnated? :lol:

• Like 1

Older clean stuff flying out this month 4 gone 2 56 plate Clio 1.5 dci direct from East Lothian council (no prep) a Lexus is200 auto 2 owner nice thing (mot valet and 3 tyres) and a doctor owned from new 2001 passat sport 1.9 tdi 130 which we put fresh mot service and front and rear discs & pads off Ebay for £65 delivered in the market for more cheapos we can sell at under 2k.

7 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Where is Lucas........................whats he been up to ???

He's hiding in the private room - he has his own permanent thread now. 

On 11/02/2019 at 6:30 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

Good so far with 6 in 11 days.... Hows it looking guys and gals...

4 paid and gone.  Clio woman was a no show last night and I have someone desperate to see the Qashqai which hasn't arrived here yet.

17 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

He's hiding in the private room - he has his own permanent thread now. 

4 paid and gone.  Clio woman was a no show last night and I have someone desperate to see the Qashqai which hasn't arrived here yet.

I had a clio woman that was a no-show last month. I’m still annoyed about it even though the car is sold and gone lol. 

9 hours ago, Ek cars said:

a doctor owned from new 2001 passat sport 1.9 tdi 130

While I loved that model back in the day (I still own one!) I feel sorry for that doctor who didn't see the point of getting themselves something newer and nicer for 18 years!

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

While I loved that model back in the day (I still own one!) I feel sorry for that doctor who didn't see the point of getting themselves something newer and nicer for 18 years!

I know a university chancellor on £200 a year driving 15 years old golf. 

9 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Where is Lucas........................whats he been up to ???

Too busy selling cars.

Surprisingly its been a good month so far usually quite for us feb and march but not complaining even prices at block is good strangely. 

We are on 13 for the month, but two possible deposit refunds..... and also 3 finance declines. So could of been 16 all being well.

We are aiming for 20 this month

On 11/02/2019 at 6:34 PM, Nick M.K. said:

Nothing broken but had an epic fall. More humiliating than painful.

Hi Nik,

It wasn't you who crashed into the kids ski school on a green and took out the instructor too was it? :wacko: 

If you were flying back to Stanstead from Plovdiv we must have been on the same flight... Absolutely great place for a long weekend, I can see why you go back often