Sign in to follow this  
Barclaywoodmotorco

Slash prices or ride out the quiet spell

You can say that again.

Your cars seem cheap enough, especially for the area.

Edited by twerp

If you need the cash because its nearly time for a VAT return, then yes.

If you dont need the cash, would you be able to replace the stock? no point in selling to make nothing. if they arent overpriced, then ride it out. Update your pictures to freshen things up online, it gives you something to do!

5 minutes ago, Barclaywoodmotorco said:

Hi Chaps

Dead as disco !!!!!!! do i reduce the retail price of my cars or just ride out this super quiet spell.

what to do 

All depends really, if you need the cash then maybe. If your stock is too dear then maybe. If it is priced right(Or too right/cheap)put them up, I have had them in the past where I have bought them cheap and not asked the right money for them and they have sat around, put them up and have sold. You really can't work this job out! Also ca you go and replace the stock you have for significantly cheaper money? Probably not.

October has been OK for us on the whole but has been quiet the last week/weekend. 

When it’s quiet, I usually ride it out- plus have faith in the stock (also I don’t have that Autoraper monster to feed) but great advice above. 

5 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

There is a difference between "no ones looking" and prices to high

There is.....if no ones looking it won't matter how cheap the car is. I always tend to stand my ground if the car is nice, no point working for nothing IMO.

• Like 1

Agreed, never discount fuck all when it's quiet ;)

Discount a "sticky" if you're busy and want shot ;)

Ride it oot !!

• Like 1

What may be an idea and it is something i am doing, if your car was pictured 4 weeks ago it  will be  with trees with full leaf, It may be an idea to take some more pics to bring it into line with Autominal conditions so customers believe its just landed, Small very insignificant nonsense point i agree but its these trivial matters that sometimes makes a difference

I've had a great month and to possibly make it even better I've discounted a couple of cars that I've had for a while. Small price movements, £100 here, £200 there if this gets me Great price marker even better. 

I also increased a couple of prices though to stay away from Priced Low. 

It is a good idea to shuffle you images slightly, maybe replace the "money shot" front angle with an interior photo, definitely change the attention grabber and all the details buyers would remember. A new set of photos is always a great idea but sometimes the one you already made are so good, there is hardly any point in spending another 3 hours (in my case) on a new photo session :o

Bought a beautiful MINI Convertible today. Drove it back from Blackbushe to Bucks with the roof open, heating on, seat heating on, I must've been the envy of the M25 in the sun this afternoon. "Best time of the year to buy one" goes in my attention grabber! Being a 2.0D probably also means it's the best time in history to buy one :lol:

22 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I've had a great month and to possibly make it even better I've discounted a couple of cars that I've had for a while. Small price movements, £100 here, £200 there if this gets me Great price marker even better. 

It is a good idea to shuffle you images slightly, maybe replace the "money shot" front angle with an interior photo, definitely change the attention grabber and all the details buyers would remember. A new set of photos is always a great idea but sometimes the one you already made are so good, there is hardly any point in spending another 3 hours (in my case) on a new photo session :o

Bought a beautiful MINI Convertible today. Drove it back from Blackbushe to Bucks with the roof open, heating on, seat heating on, I must've been the envy of the M25 in the sun this afternoon. "Best time of the year to buy one" goes in my attention grabber! Being a 2.0D probably also means it's the best time in history to buy one :lol:

If I wasn’t driving in front of you I would have made sure I had no screen wash left by the end of that trip 

If I was *

27 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Got your sunglasses on too Nick :) 

Show off :) 

44 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Amazing how you can change your opinion of someone in just one sentence :)

Ride it out. Ive discounted in the past and then been gutted when i cant get stock in a few weeks time.

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Amazing how you can change your opinion of someone in just one sentence

You quoted no less than four sentences there but whichever of the four did it for you I am glad I managed to produce a powerful piece of writing that had a profound effect. Again. 

slashing prices unless too dear always ends up with people you dont like nicking bargains

dont do it unless your stock is too dear or the inland revenue are coming with hatchets

7 hours ago, Barclaywoodmotorco said:

Hi Chaps

Dead as disco !!!!!!! do i reduce the retail price of my cars or just ride out this super quiet spell.

what to do 

walk round your stock, not with your eyes but a customers, lift the bonnet, look inside, glass clean? floor mats presentable ? enough petrol in ? start on the button ? dont reduce, just be better than your competion 

• Like 1