Sign in to follow this  
Gary@torquecars

Right car wrong place?

2 minutes ago, tradex said:

"over fears a newly introduced global engine testing regulations will cause future market instability."

what udder bullocks, these reg's are years old so no surprises.

It's simply down to not selling enough cars, end of.

+1

Have adjusted the prices to the correct amounts now, not sure if this will help or not as not in a very affluent (think that’s the word?)area, the photos have lead to more clicks which is a great improvement, not an enquiry since as yet but am keeping the faith, I reckon if I had these in Southampton where I used to live I would have had more joy with this type of car maybe? 

Anyhows thanks again for the advice all and the cow jokes were fucking terrible lol but still room for more no doubt....

Edited by Gary@torquecars
Ducking is not a word apparently

1 hour ago, Gary@torquecars said:

Anyhows thanks again for the advice all and the cow jokes were fucking terrible lol but still room for more no doubt....

Some of the jokes were crap but they help during this quiet time to lift my Moo.....d

Edited by Mark101

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

You'll soon moooooooooove them on :ph34r:

Hopefully the changes will 'steer' him to a profit?

I know the jokes were a bit crap and I’m sure you’ve ‘herd’ them all before....

But well done for milking all the info / attention, give yourself a massive cow pat on the back.

And well done for not being a cow-ard.

33 minutes ago, boring dave said:

what does it steer  like?

Udderly rubbish....

Take note other newbies, this is how you get some help from other traders on here, you ask for simple help (not asking us to write a legal letter for you) carry out that advice and if it doesn't work, use self flagellation as an alternative source of humour.

I'll be brutally honest here mate, your advert is a significant improvement on the first attempt and you're to be commended. You've still got dirty pedals on your silver Pixo? but that won't stop someone picking the phone up. 

What is likely happening is there is little demand in your area for what is basically a first time driver, little old lady car. In silver. The inside of these cars is soul destroying, not everyone wants or can afford a flashy German saloon slaughtered in leather and wood but your average first time driver will want something a little more exciting than the soulless interior of a Nissan Pixo. That's assuming you can find a first time driver within a reasonable travelling distance of you, which you may not have and even if you did have, they may well spend their car shopping time going to a large supermarket so they can get a choice of 6 rather than drive 50 miles to you, 50 miles to someone else and so on.

In short, if there's fuck all wrong with your price, little wrong with your presentation then it's obvious why your phone isn't ringing. Desirability. The small car market is competitive at the best of times but even more so when your offering to the market is not a Fiat 500 or an SXI Corsa or a Titanium Fiesta. Not exactly auto-motives finest moments but a little more interesting than your stock.

I get the impression you're quite rural? If so then don't buy small petrol first time cars, buy big old miley diesels that people can chuck dogs and shite in the back of and bump into fences and gate posts and not give a toss. You're doing great by preparing these cars well, new this and new that but if you're minting up cars that nobody local to you wants, whats the point?

People WILL travel, I've had people from Ireland and Holland but they won't travel for your cars, not when they could find very similar much closer to home.

My advice would be to think about your stock profile, who's going to buy your cars etc.

11 minutes ago, EPV said:

Take note other newbies, this is how you get some help from other traders on here, you ask for simple help (not asking us to write a legal letter for you) carry out that advice and if it doesn't work, use self flagellation as an alternative source of humour.

Correct, EPV. In the meantime Gary, Hold on, it happens eventually. I Dont have Autotrader Price checker, but I'm sure that someone on here may have and therefore be able to guide you on desirability or price pointing

14 minutes ago, MattR said:

Correct, EPV. In the meantime Gary, Hold on, it happens eventually. I Dont have Autotrader Price checker, but I'm sure that someone on here may have and therefore be able to guide you on desirability or price pointing

SD10BVB 43,000   86/100  £2700

SP59OVB 20,000  63/100   £2769

SH12XGG 71,317  64/100  £3264 (no mileage listed on your website)

EPV is right. Little cars are hard work. Especially in rural areas. 

I think you had this advice before, but consider going for larger cars/estates/4x4s or something with an ‘edge’ like a bit of spec.  

Personally I’d save your money and forget Autoraper-particularly for the cars you currently have.

You could try an ad in your local paper. Old people still buy it religiously and may be the target audience for them. 

Good luck. It’ll happen eventually- but as above, really consider your next purchases wisely and don’t buy bookends. Spread your chances. 

F*** small cars. Whatever you ask for one there’s another 10 on Bumtree at half the price. The average skint small car buyer only understands one word; CHEAP.

1 hour ago, MOTORS said:

SD10BVB 43,000   86/100  £2700

SP59OVB 20,000  63/100   £2769

SH12XGG 71,317  64/100  £3264 (no mileage listed on your website)

That’s a 50 mile radius from you. I expect a 50 mile radius from Gary will be different, lower in all three cases. In fact 50 miles west of Gary you’re very wet and very cold and very drowned I expect. 

6 minutes ago, EPV said:

That’s a 50 mile radius from you. I expect a 50 mile radius from Gary will be different, lower in all three cases. In fact 50 miles west of Gary you’re very wet and very cold and very drowned I expect. 

I know that - just trying to help