Sign in to follow this  
Gary@torquecars

Right car wrong place?

Looks like you need to prep up on your cleaning skills to me .

Presentation presentation presentation .

Hoover it , polish it , clean under bonnet , take it somewhere else to picture it , get the whole car in the shot as its the bloody car your selling . Chose a nice day and time , Tyre slick it . People buy with EYES first , nothing wrong with your cars so blame yourself first , not the cars or the tools . 

If others are selling and your not , then its you that has it wrong , not the cars . 

Remember people sell to people BUT only if you can get them to visit you , if they don't come its you that has something wrong , not the cars as they sold before you had them . 

Sorry to be point blank , but that's just me  

Near me there is a car that a trader bought 3 yrs ago , We have sold 27 of the same model in that time , he still has his ,even now swearing blind they are useless sellers , its his prep , simples . 

EYES , its a simple lesson so think it through and be your best critic on every part of what you are trying to do . 

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

I don't know how it works in SW Scotland, but here in NW at 20k miles I'd get £3.5k all day long for that PIXO, so to me it is too cheap and putting folk off ;)

Fresh MOT without advises is a must on this age Car.

Agreed re the Background for pictures.

HTH

Blimey! I know it’s not great round here but sounds like I need to be there! 

I’ll ship them to you mate

52 minutes ago, Gary@torquecars said:

Don’t quite see that myself but appreciate the opinion,  did also have the following photos but a friend said that it looked like id be a dodgy dealer as no property in background....

C17473D2-CD6A-49DD-8A53-EC255642719A.jpeg

47 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

More of the car in the shot Gary

Stand back and zoom in, buy a cheap tripod and keep using your phone or get a dslr. Makes the car look A*

Some  quality  tyre slick will definitely transform your presentation, You have a look at same car with and without.....................  it really does make the  image "pop"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gary@torquecars said:

How is this? 

Bit cleaner next time as it’s a previous photo

BDE77E86-9DC7-42EE-9F6C-E842066D371B.jpeg

Cheap car that IMO but i'd put some silver wheel trims on it myself

3 hours ago, Gary@torquecars said:

Don’t quite see that myself but appreciate the opinion,  did also have the following photos but a friend said that it looked like id be a dodgy dealer as no property in background....

Love the picture, could you get some cows in the background..............   :lol:

21 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Love the picture, could you get some cows in the background..............   :lol:

Oooo arrr Oooo arr.. couldnt resist

Thanks for the help and advice, all taken on board, have done a couple of new photos, better location and of course black tyres, let me know your thoughts, ps I have 2 highland cows maybe i get them to sit in it? 

79884641-6DFB-44D7-BC93-CA6D90E56F59.jpeg

0429B881-83DD-4F67-92CA-AEB6A264EAF3.jpeg

Edited by Gary@torquecars

7 hours ago, Gary@torquecars said:

Welcome.

Stop listening to your friend, that's lesson number 1 here. Green fields look much better as a background.

Zoom in on the car, less background more car.

You've bought yourself two silver small cars to sell, there are literally hundreds available within a 50 mile radius of anyone on the planet. Improving your presentation will speed up your sales but if you're just looking to knock out a couple a month, don't make them silver small cars imo. 

Don't bother showing the engine bay, it looks rank. It's a car likely to be bought by a first time driver, old lady, single mum. None of those need reminding a car has an engine.

Switch the ICE on when taking internal shots, these sorts of cars look uninspiring at the best of times never mind when a blanked out LCD screen is there to greet you upon arrival.

As above, clean the pedals, not everyone will notice it but you only need one who's a buyer to notice and they will flick to the next low mileage silver small car. 

On a positive, your website looks not half bad aside from a few things I could pick on but you've got enough to be getting on with. You've got to seriously up your game with your presentation, you're selling minis from the door, you've got to be something that most others aren't and offering 9 months MOT and pretty average photos isn't going to help you sell cars and grow your business.

3 hours ago, Gary@torquecars said:

Thanks for the help and advice, all taken on board, have done a couple of new photos, better location and of course black tyres, let me know your thoughts, ps I have 2 highland cows maybe i get them to sit in it? 

Significantly better. 

That second picture is almost stimulating. Nothing to do with the car, I'd rather walk on broken glass than drive one but the photography is much better. Well done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gary@torquecars said:

That's better put loads of effort in the car cleaning and presentation. Dont put the car too cheap just let if sit and wait for a bite. Silver is getting less popular try white next time. 

rattle can that rotten sill lip with satin or matt black

spend a £ more and get fuck me i want it wheel trims from eurocarparts

8 hours ago, boring dave said:

rattle can that rotten sill lip with satin or matt black

spend a £ more and get fuck me i want it wheel trims from eurocarparts

Are my Halfords specials a bit too shit? 

10 hours ago, EPV said:

Welcome.

Stop listening to your friend, that's lesson number 1 here. Green fields look much better as a background.

Zoom in on the car, less background more car.

You've bought yourself two silver small cars to sell, there are literally hundreds available within a 50 mile radius of anyone on the planet. Improving your presentation will speed up your sales but if you're just looking to knock out a couple a month, don't make them silver small cars imo. 

Don't bother showing the engine bay, it looks rank. It's a car likely to be bought by a first time driver, old lady, single mum. None of those need reminding a car has an engine.

Switch the ICE on when taking internal shots, these sorts of cars look uninspiring at the best of times never mind when a blanked out LCD screen is there to greet you upon arrival.

As above, clean the pedals, not everyone will notice it but you only need one who's a buyer to notice and they will flick to the next low mileage silver small car. 

On a positive, your website looks not half bad aside from a few things I could pick on but you've got enough to be getting on with. You've got to seriously up your game with your presentation, you're selling minis from the door, you've got to be something that most others aren't and offering 9 months MOT and pretty average photos isn't going to help you sell cars and grow your business.

Significantly better. 

That second picture is almost stimulating. Nothing to do with the car, I'd rather walk on broken glass than drive one but the photography is much better. Well done.

Thanks for the advice will get on it

16 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Looks like you need to prep up on your cleaning skills to me .

Presentation presentation presentation .

Hoover it , polish it , clean under bonnet , take it somewhere else to picture it , get the whole car in the shot as its the bloody car your selling . Chose a nice day and time , Tyre slick it . People buy with EYES first , nothing wrong with your cars so blame yourself first , not the cars or the tools . 

If others are selling and your not , then its you that has it wrong , not the cars . 

Remember people sell to people BUT only if you can get them to visit you , if they don't come its you that has something wrong , not the cars as they sold before you had them . 

Sorry to be point blank , but that's just me  

Near me there is a car that a trader bought 3 yrs ago , We have sold 27 of the same model in that time , he still has his ,even now swearing blind they are useless sellers , its his prep , simples . 

EYES , its a simple lesson so think it through and be your best critic on every part of what you are trying to do . 

All good advise thanks for being blunt mate it’s much more helpful than peopl give it credit for

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Ha ha ha. You’ll fit in. 

Dispels the problems with Silver cars doesnt it?? :)

2 hours ago, Gary@torquecars said:

Believe someone requested this, cows sell pixos?

87A418F3-3DC7-47DB-AEE5-07E7D02CD2E1.jpeg

I thought cows sell milk? ;)

Glad to see he’s found his target market, a silly old cow with the horn.... :D

19 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Glad to see he’s found his target market, a silly old cow with the horn.... :D

Looks like she's brought her 'expert' mate with her though? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boring dave said:

just to confirm though both cows and car are outstanding in their field

Ok don't milk it.... :P