Sign in to follow this  
have a word with the wife

don't like to worry you but .................

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

I am in our apartment now in Puerto Portals marina Mallorca.Leases on births here for the big floating caravans change hands for over 1m euros and I think there are only 12 years left on the leases. Most of them rarely go out yet they have a full time crew,it makes no sense.

Super rich! Travelling by luxury yacht is the slowest most expensive way to waste money!

16 minutes ago, tradex said:

Must be a sailor thing;)

'Shrimp boat?' Oh hold on, that's something else? Lol

2 hours ago, met said:

Super rich! Travelling by luxury yacht is the slowest most expensive way to waste money!

'Shrimp boat?' Oh hold on, that's something else? Lol

Yes,I know who you mean Bubba or was it Forest Gump who did well with shrimp boats.Did he not then invest in a fruit business.....and did OK.What was it called again........

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

Stink boats ?

Motor Boat - smelly

Sailing - proper boat

:D

10 hours ago, trade vet said:

Yes,I know who you mean Bubba or was it Forest Gump who did well with shrimp boats.Did he not then invest in a fruit business.....and did OK.What was it called again........

Apple....

10 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Motor Boat - smelly

Sailing - proper boat

:D

I agree.Mind you although there are some beautiful sail boats here,some of them have electronic sails ! 

54 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Was in Corfu a couple of months ago and “The Saling boat A” was in the harbour 

http://enimerosi.com/details_en.php?id=24546

Never seen that one,but all the rediculously expensive ones we see here are owned by Russians.They are usually too big get in,are armour plated,have helicopters and other boats installed within the hull etc.One of the worst is a submarine yacht,I have forgotten the name,it cost over £100m apparently and the Russian owner is about 40 or younger.You just wonder what these guys do....I don’t think they pay VAT... put it that way.

Regardless how much money I end up with (even a Euro millions jackpot), I would still only get a boat which is manageable by the wife and me (the best and biggest manageable).  The thought of having a crew does not inspire me whatsoever.  

I enjoy sailing, it’s not a status thing for me - having someone (a team) do the sailing for me makes no sense.

And whatever you do, don't look up 'shrimp boating' on Urban Dictionary!:D

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

You just wonder what these guys do....I don’t think they pay VAT... put it that way.

Well, in the case of Roman Abramovich it was reasonably simple and very similar to what we do, only with bigger numbers:

In 1996 he took out a $50 million loan from a friend's bank with the help of another friend (Boris Yeltsin, then president) and teamed up with a third friend Boris Berezovski to give a $100 million loan to the Russian Government to get through the winter AND through the next election. 

Instead of returning the loan the Government gave them the ownership for SibNeft, an oil company. 

A few years later they sold the company for $13 Billion BACK TO the government. 

#simple 

Edited by Nick M.K.

7 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Well, the case of Roman Abramovich it was reasonably simple and very similar to what we do, only with bigger numbers:

In 1996 he took out a $50 million loan from a friend's bank with the help of another friend (Boris Yeltsin, then president) and teamed up with a third friend Boris Berezovski to give a $100 million load to the Russian Government to get through the winter AND through the next election. 

Instead of returning the loan the Government gave them the ownership for SibNeft, an oil company. 

A few years later they sold the company for $13 Billion BACK TO the government. 

#simple 

All good until they end up dead

5 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

simples ;)

I'm filling in the on line form now :D

Gis a job 

5 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

I'm filling in the on line form now 

If they ask you where the other $50 million is coming from you can write down my name. 

Nick M K

Just now, Rory RSC said:

All good until they end up dead

Hence the need to spend a lot of time on board bulletproof yachts in international waters. 

Aye, mine too lol ;)

Nick, if you bank transfer me the 50 million, I'll let them know that we are in it together :D

6 hours ago, met said:

And whatever you do, don't look up 'shrimp boating' on Urban Dictionary!:D

I’m curious to know why you would even look it up? 

18 minutes ago, Stalker said:

I’m curious to know why you would even look it up? 

A 'thirst' for knowledge? :D

To be honest, I'd heard the expression 'shrimp boat' before, but even I was surprised when I looked?

On 26/10/2018 at 10:20 PM, MrC said:

This trend has been going since the 60's

this is why i cautioned

just trying to be helpful :)

I'd imagine if you use plastic ones you can re use them next time :lol::lol::lol:

What's actually worrying me the most is how the fuck do ya think I'd know :o

1 hour ago, MrC said:

Can you use paper straws?. (Asking for a friend) 

1 hour ago, MrC said:

Can you use paper straws?. (Asking for a friend) 

:lol::lol::lol: Next time I’m in Wetherspoon’s I’ll ask the bar staff.

I decided. not to look it up, but now I’m thinking..

.....Ewwwwww!

Edited by NOACROSS