Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

world cup and heat wave trade - dead?

14 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Brexit has been voted in by the most ignorant racist people of the land, the ignorant benefit culture. 

I'm not ignorant, neither am I racist and I've never been on benefits. 

I voted Brexit, I find people throwing out remarks like that and generalising to be the ignorant and simple ones. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I'm not ignorant, neither am I racist and I've never been on benefits. 

I voted Brexit, I find people throwing out remarks like that and generalising to be the ignorant and simple ones. 

I agree, you are right Paddy and I apologise to you and all I have ofended, my comment was too general. I should of had a caveat "Not all" Brexiteers are racist and ignorant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Del Boy said:

I seem to remember about a year ago, Nick said he doesnt like videos because it can sometimes put people off. For example they may see a scuff or dent that they would normally not see in the pictures. Then when they arrive it might not be as bad (as it WOULD have looked in the video) and not bother them

I still can't see myself doing video only but in the last several months I started to offer a personal video that I send to the customer's phone on WhatsApp. It is actually several videos, interior, exterior, boot, history & paperwork and I send them on request when a customer gets in touch and they want to travel from a long way away (most of my customers do). By the time we get to that stage all my prep is complete and the car looks just as good in the video as it would in my first pictures which I do as soon as it comes in before most of the prep. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Brexit has been voted in by the most ignorant racist people of the land, the ignorant benefit culture. 

Twat

Arfur, I don't know why I bit, and for that I apologise, shortly after voting out I vowed to forget about politics, they're all the same, politicians, my vow was to concentrate on family, business and not give two shits what the hierarchy did or do, I don't buy papers anymore or watch the news and that has been beneficial to me. 

Back on track...

Not so bad so far.

4 stock cars, 2 fleet cars, 2 car search deals

Looking for 18 cars for car search customers - hopefully deal 10 of them

Had a truly fantastic June (13 sold + 1 desposit for collection on 7th July).

July is like someone turned a light switch off, only a few enquiries, no sales (except the 1 desposited in June) and the enquiries turned out to be timewasters.

Anyway, off on holiday on Friday, so perfect timing.

Don’t despair! I sold a car last night! Yippee! Only a fortnight since my previous sale!

Mind you, no other proper enquiries :(

54 minutes ago, BHM said:

Don’t despair! I sold a car last night!

+1, collected the deposit in the evening with 4 minutes of added time remaining. 

18 hours ago, Mark101 said:

July is like someone turned a light switch off, only a few enquiries, no sales (except the 1 desposited in June) and the enquiries turned out to be timewasters.

Its not just you generally with a higher volume of stock I get a lot of phone calls and emails and there is next to nothing coming in. Really quiet. Should pick up again after the footballs over with.

Last week was dead did 3 yesterday quiet a few people about not complaining here. 

10 hours ago, BHM said:

Don’t despair! I sold a car last night! Yippee! Only a fortnight since my previous sale!

Mind you, no other proper enquiries :(

And another!

More interest today than over the last fortnight. They can’t go forever without cars!!

i made a fan from an old radiator cowling today as my cctv and computer were making funny noises and i was runin low on aldi fizzy water

so just hold on,next month gets even quieter

time to get the paint bushes out and give the compressor an oil change go home earlier and crack a lager open:)

On 9 July 2018 at 7:28 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

Particularly ironic considering welfare cuts will be first cuts. Then of course we'll be 'free' from the burdon of EU employment law so everyone will be heading for zero hour contracts! And working conditions straight out of a Dickens novel. No wonder customers are anxious?

On a brighter note, my pal Roy always shows england flags on all of his stock on his website. I admire his commitment, or is that 'suicidal self confidence', not sure? 

Edited by met

On 7/9/2018 at 10:24 PM, David Ayers said:

8 so far this month.

2 more appointments this week

"This month" as in the first 12 days of July? Happy for you, Grant. Send some of that fairy dust my way.
2 sold. Lots of enquiries last week, no joy though.
"Is the Fiesta/C30/etc available?" "Yes"....silence...

On 7/10/2018 at 2:13 PM, Mark101 said:

Have a good holiday, Mark!

Having been in this unit for 3 years we've started to see a decent amount of folk returning now, 2 already this month from returning customers.

Always the best business tbh.

Just checked, 836 sales in that time, not bad on 2 staff, although that includes any bangers moved on

• Like 1

Well done Mark, theres nothing like a holiday after a cracking month..  Well deserved !! I here Skeggy is popular :) 

It's quiet in cheap car town and the punters around are the absolute dregs of dregs. Hoping it returns to normal soon - bored!

Put another on the board today, 5 for the month from 10. Even managed to nick a couple at auction today n'all. Well, it is my birthday today so maybe the gods are playing nicely....for now...

• Like 1