Sign in to follow this  
James01

May sales

38 minutes ago, EPV said:

I’m sure you chaps have all been here before to some degree. All of a sudden for no reason you’ll sell 6 in a week and start to panic about not having enough stock!

Indeed we have, i have a list on the white board called down time jobs, so yesterday the guys had to strip and service the compressors and today there on changing some outdoor lights that are broken tomorrow is auction day so we all be over there on the pre-hunt. 

I find it passes the time and there not sitting there moaning and getting some stuff done.

Everyone must be quiet round here. BCA apparently was silly cheap today, most fetching way under cap.

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

Everyone must be quiet round here. BCA apparently was silly cheap today, most fetching way under cap.

Where was that ? 

Derby and P'boro are never cheap !

We usually run at around 70 prepped cars in stock...currently on close to 90 so says a lot about how prices have been round our way lately. Nice to be able to buy stuff but have not seen a genuine buyer for about seven days now.  Even the part ex cheapies are struggling.

Taken four viewings for someone to finally agree to a Mazda 3 with good history in genuinely good order (no underside rot) with a fresh ticket for £1995. And even then they wanted an extended warranty and re gas thrown in (not happening obviously). When even the cheap stuffs struggling you know it's bad. 

Recessions on it's way lads.

23 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

We usually run at around 70 prepped cars in stock...currently on close to 90 so says a lot about how prices have been round our way lately. Nice to be able to buy stuff but have not seen a genuine buyer for about seven days now.  Even the part ex cheapies are struggling.

Taken four viewings for someone to finally agree to a Mazda 3 with good history in genuinely good order (no underside rot) with a fresh ticket for £1995. And even then they wanted an extended warranty and re gas thrown in (not happening obviously). When even the cheap stuffs struggling you know it's bad. 

Recessions on it's way lads.

Sounds like it’s already here!

41 minutes ago, twerp said:

Where was that ? 

Wolverhampton. I didn’t watch it, just what I’ve been told.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twerp said:

Where was that ? 

Blackbushe still bonkers in my experience today too

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Sounds like it’s already here!

Did we come out of the last one then ?

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

Wolverhampton. I didn’t watch it, just what I’ve been told.

I was there today and it was ok but no steals - just one DS3 for me.

Assured worked for me though - said engine was noisy and static gear selection needed attention - utter rubbish, drives sweat and gears spot on???

13 hours ago, tradex said:

Paddock Wood still has gold bars in the glove box. 

Too true. Mental down there yesterday especially the Motorline section

I was at BCA Peterborough today, watched a 1998 Volvo V70 2.0 Auto, was a 1 owner, great history, 57,000 miles, but was grade 4, flat battery, ABS light on, exhaust was blowing and made £1350 online!!!!!! :o:wacko::blink:

So quiet here too. Got ours well underpriced, and still nothing. Been dipping back into the trade the past couple of months, and not sure this job will enough to support us for longterm.

I may have missed a thread or be stating the obvious, but did anyone else notice a hit on sales the past couple of years when leasing really took off?

If your target audience is 1 year old cars I can see why leasing would affect you. But someone who wants to spend £4-5k on a Focus or £7-8k on a Mercedes won’t lease a Kia or Ford respectively just because the monthlies look nice. 

Jobs fooked ... 1 half busy week a month then the tap turns itself off, 

i should of payed more attention at school.

First appointment of the day is a now show.

1 more booked in for 2pm so fingers crossed.

Royal wedding and fa cup final will keep most busy today! 

had 2 people turn up on the same car within 10 minutes of each other, amazing what a price reduction can do. Fortunately the first Billy went before the second one turned up, so no fighting. Second customer bought it after sitting in it for a minute. Waiting for someone else now who I've valued the part ex for over the phone based on their description - this could be interesting

No phone calls

2 sales

+ 1 strong possibility. (Just needs to check with boyfriend)

6 for the week.

9 minutes ago, James01 said:

First appointment of the day is a now show.

1 more booked in for 2pm so fingers crossed.

Royal wedding and fa cup final will keep most busy today! 

And its bank holiday next weekend! Anyone got a spare noose?

Been dead this month but did one yesterday and one today so things are picking up, a bit....

Did one the other day, one this morning and one this afternoon.

It can only get better! :D

6 today up to 35 for the month here.

Just put the hours in and get them gone. 

wow Rory you must have someone to run their eye over the cars with those sales