Sign in to follow this  
Mikey360

Not getting any bites on a mini

9 hours ago, BHM said:

give me a shitty old Shogun any day of the week!

Just sold a Pajero which was almost the same age as me  - Guy had one very brief look round it, said not bothered about a drive they don't go wrong paid and was away.

If only they were all that easy, good money in it to.

9 hours ago, Mikey360 said:

Now that you've said that, i do agree. Just doesn't look contrasting enough. Any tips on getting some better pictures without going mad in post editing?

Cropped too close

Public car park obvious

In direct sunlight (?) - too much reflection so paint looks dull and washed out

The pictures from ground level aren't flattering 

Echo the previous comments, but please, for the love of God, lose those seat belt shoulder pads!!! :unsure:

• Like 1

Also you need to list its desirable options and history in your AutoTrader advert :

Chilli Pack
Climate Control
Full Leather Interior

Also, I would probably get rid of the engine photo. Gets normal people imagining things don't look right / missing.

Edited by twerp

I agree with all the comments made, I think if you had a highly desirable rare car that people would swarm over then you could take a photo of it in a massive pile of horse shit and the phone would still melt but with such a plentiful car, you need to stand out. The dry, dusty floor doesn’t do the car many favours. I’d favour a wall or railings or industrial unit in the background so you could get a clean looking hardstanding floor. 

You could do with an attention grabber as well, what’s unique about that car that people should know so they want to click on your ad? 

1 hour ago, twerp said:

Cropped too close

Public car park obvious

In direct sunlight (?) - too much reflection so paint looks dull and washed out

The pictures from ground level aren't flattering 

All great points, thanks! I think I need to do a reshoot

1 hour ago, twerp said:

Also you need to list its desirable options and history in your AutoTrader advert :

Chilli Pack
Climate Control
Full Leather Interior

Also, I would probably get rid of the engine photo. Gets normal people imagining things don't look right / missing.

Damn I knew I missed something in the autotrader ad, got lost in trying to list everything in that click select bit, thanks!

33 minutes ago, EPV said:

I agree with all the comments made, I think if you had a highly desirable rare car that people would swarm over then you could take a photo of it in a massive pile of horse shit and the phone would still melt but with such a plentiful car, you need to stand out. The dry, dusty floor doesn’t do the car many favours. I’d favour a wall or railings or industrial unit in the background so you could get a clean looking hardstanding floor. 

You could do with an attention grabber as well, what’s unique about that car that people should know so they want to click on your ad? 

My storage is smack bang in the middle of an industrial estate, so would make perfect sense to do all of my shoots here.

And great advise on the headline attention grabber missing, I'll have a think on that, thanks!

Hi Milkey

My critique is as follows:

It is priced right, but for a 55 plate Mini (whatever the spec) it looks expensive in the eyes of the followers (I have a standard Cooper on 55 plate at £1,795 no where near as nice as yours and the price attracts a lot of attention but having changed the clutch, I am not budging on price and people walk away + I am smoking it and have taxed it, so no incentive to push it out the door). I also have an 09 Cooper S with 71k and FSH listed this morning at £4,795, so I'm either side of you on price.

Pictures are not sharp enough - either use your Iphone (I do) or sharpen the images usings Ebay's picture editor (the little triangle at about half way works).  You can then right click each image and save those to other portals whom don't have editing functiuonality.

I know this is subjective but I always list all the features albeit expected on that model - it just makes you look like you've made an effort and stand out from the rest and it saves people having to ring and ask stupid questions.

Not sure what it owes you or how desperate you are to sell but I wouldn't panic yet.

Preset Radio 2 into the stereo and play down the boy racer image - try and appeal to a middle aged bore whom is having a mid-life crisis.  Oh wait, that's me................

Edited by Mark101

17 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Hi Milkey

My critique is as follows:

It is priced right, but for a 55 plate Mini (whatever the spec) it looks expensive in the eyes of the followers (I have a standard Cooper on 55 plate at £1,795 no where near as nice as yours and the price attracts a lot of attention but having changed the clutch, I am not budging on price and people walk away + I am smoking it and have taxed it, so no incentive to push it out the door). I also have an 09 Cooper S with 71k and FSH listed this morning at £4,795, so I'm either side of you on price.

Pictures are not sharp enough - either use your Iphone (I do) or sharpen the images usings Ebay's picture editor (the little triangle at about half way works).  You can then right click each image and save those to other portals whom don't have editing functiuonality.

I know this is subjective but I always list all the features albeit expected on that model - it just makes you look like you've made an effort and stand out from the rest and it saves people having to ring and ask stupid questions.

Not sure what it owes you or how desperate you are to sell but I wouldn't panic yet.

Preset Radio 2 into the stereo and play down the boy racer image - try and appeal to a middle aged bore whom is having a mid-life crisis.  Oh wait, that's me................

Awesome thanks Mark, when I do a reshoot I'll make sure to crisp them up a bit and I'll have a look at the listing again.

I think I'm in the same boat as you, except my midlife crisis startd when I had kids and hasn't really finished!

I just bought a 110K 2003 mini Cooper, pan roof in red on eBay, it looked like a proper tidy example and the lass said it needed 2 tyres and a set of wipers, unseen got my guy to go collect it 2 hrs 30 mins away from the middle of nowhere on isle of Anglesey. 

It turns up lacquer peel, windscreen crack, oil light on when idling, airbag light, N/S window sounds like it wants to work but doesn't, exhaust blow.

None of this mentioned on the advert and the lieing b!tch couldn't give any less of a stuff. It owes me 750.

These R50 Mini's were trouble when 4 years old let alone now !

37 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

Awesome thanks Mark, when I do a reshoot I'll make sure to crisp them up a bit and I'll have a look at the listing again.

I think I'm in the same boat as you, except my midlife crisis startd when I had kids and hasn't really finished!

You can edit your intem whilst it's listed, no need to reshoot

Mind... that looks a rather fancy dogging car park.... it had people sunbathing and Peacocks!

We only have Peacocks in Zoo's in the North East.

• Like 1

Hate them...had a lovely red 58 plate for over a year, well priced and a lovely car, absolutely nothing on it, i think their a 'i bought it off my mate' kind of car now...

well the pictures look cock on to me 

if im going to be picky i try not to buy cars that have 666 on the odo but im sure i have in the past

• Like 1

I dont like Minis either, fussy customers, expensive to fix, and you never have the right colour combo. Are those wheels supposed to be black or are they silver ones resprayed? Because if they're supposed to be silver, that could put someone off (boy racer car)

4 hours ago, AutoJacob said:

I just bought a 110K 2003 mini Cooper, pan roof in red on eBay, it looked like a proper tidy example and the lass said it needed 2 tyres and a set of wipers, unseen got my guy to go collect it 2 hrs 30 mins away from the middle of nowhere on isle of Anglesey. 

It turns up lacquer peel, windscreen crack, oil light on when idling, airbag light, N/S window sounds like it wants to work but doesn't, exhaust blow.

None of this mentioned on the advert and the lieing b!tch couldn't give any less of a stuff. It owes me 750.

About £700 too much.

5 hours ago, Matt Reid said:

I dont like Minis either, fussy customers, expensive to fix, and you never have the right colour combo. Are those wheels supposed to be black or are they silver ones resprayed? Because if they're supposed to be silver, that could put someone off (boy racer car)

Im not too sure, they're genuine mini wheels that I bought off ebay as the ones it came with had some really bad corrosion and every wheel refurb place in my area that doesn't charge £100+ per wheel was booked up 2 weeks in advance. 

Stick on a pair of spots (or even four!) My other half usually has a cooper s to play about with and we always stick some spot lights on, I think the front looks so plain without. Never had a problem shifting them on to one of the traders when she’s got bored and wants a different one. Got an automatic cooper s convertible chilli pack with cruise etc at the mo, think it will be staying with us until the end of summer! 

Ditto the previous comments re don’t have warning lights on dash and I get the reason behind your location but try a different one. 

Edited by MGM
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mikey360 said:

Im not too sure, they're genuine mini wheels that I bought off ebay as the ones it came with had some really bad corrosion and every wheel refurb place in my area that doesn't charge £100+ per wheel was booked up 2 weeks in advance. 

£100 a wheel thats just bonkers ok if it was a £20k motor, i would have been out with my trusty devil bliss off to the paint shop for a tenth of paint and hey presto new looking wheels within three hours for less than £20 job done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

£100 a wheel thats just bonkers ok if it was a £20k motor, i would have been out with my trusty devil bliss off to the paint shop for a tenth of paint and hey presto new looking wheels within three hours for less than £20 job done.

Most places around here charge about £45 a corner, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Couple of then couldn't do them as they're the split web rims. I'll most likely have a go at them myself and sell them off cheap

£45 a corner for us too. Doesn't mater who you ask round here, everyone's £45.

Clearly the welsh tight ass coming into full swing here, £180 gulp couldnt bring myself to pay that 

• Like 1

This has piqued my interest. I’ve always thought £100 a corner perhaps £300 a set but that’s diamond cut, never owned a set of standard alloys personally or at least never refurbished them. So £50 a corner is reasonable but you can “have a go” yourself? Anyone care to share a reliable technique for refurbing a standard alloy?