Sign in to follow this  
Mikey360

Not getting any bites on a mini

42 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I've had two supercharged RR sports, both of which have cost me shed loads of money. I have sworn to never own another LR or RR. 

I still love my cars though...

Love the look of the sport just prefer the cabin of his bigger brother. I’ve been lucky, i’ve found the only Land Rover in the world without an issue. For now. 

You guys put me to shame. From recent memory i've had an 'Inbetweeners' Fiat, 15 year old Clio, rotten Ka and a beautiful but very very flawed proper Saab 900. If I have to go anywhere long distance it's the train and most holidays i'll just hire something. Much rather stick my disposable into a nice city break somewhere or interesting holiday destination. Didn't get into the game for the cars and living on the congested, pot holed south coast there's little enjoyment to be had in driving. 

Modern stuffs just not special enough IMO. Compare a 3* hotel to a 5*+ and there is a world of difference...maybe i'm just a holidays kinda guy.

(Love the idea of a pagoda Merc, Jensen CV8 or 70's 911 in that nasty green just so you know i'm not totally anti car).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, EPV said:

Love the look of the sport just prefer the cabin of his bigger brother. I’ve been lucky, i’ve found the only Land Rover in the world without an issue. For now. 

RR are like your most amazing fantasy girl, you are blinded and besotted until one day you wake up and she’s shat on you...

The thing is every time you get in it you” know you are just waiting for that day....

9 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

RR are like your most amazing fantasy girl, you are blinded and besotted until one day you wake up and she’s shat on you...

The thing is every time you get in it you” know you are just waiting for that day....

That’s an unusual fantasy Arfur !

8 minutes ago, trade vet said:

You love a diamond until you find out its fake.

5 minutes ago, trade vet said:

If you read it right it isn’t ;););););););)

46 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

You guys put me to shame. From recent memory i've had an 'Inbetweeners' Fiat, 15 year old Clio, rotten Ka and a beautiful but very very flawed proper Saab 900. If I have to go anywhere long distance it's the train and most holidays i'll just hire something. Much rather stick my disposable into a nice city break somewhere or interesting holiday destination. Didn't get into the game for the cars and living on the congested, pot holed south coast there's little enjoyment to be had in driving. 

Modern stuffs just not special enough IMO. Compare a 3* hotel to a 5*+ and there is a world of difference...maybe i'm just a holidays kinda guy.

(Love the idea of a pagoda Merc, Jensen CV8 or 70's 911 in that nasty green just so you know i'm not totally anti car).

Let it be said those hot wheels came via the proceeds of working for living, not selling cars! I expect this game will see to it that i’m driving a 13 year old pug within 3 months 

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I’d let Michelle Keegan do whatever she likes to me :wub:

The trouble with running a mid range German, RR Sport etc. is most people assume you’re either a company driver in a leaser or just another wannabe living on credit in a leaser - which of course is true in most cases irrespective of whether or not they could actually afford to buy outright.

At least these folk are keeping me supplied in £2-5K bits of flash for not much cash a decade or so in the future.

45 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Very true but like the fantasy girl you’d probably let it shat in your mouth and ask for seconds 

34 minutes ago, BHM said:

The trouble with running a mid range German, RR Sport etc. is most people assume you’re either a company driver in a leaser or just another wannabe living on credit in a leaser - which of course is true in most cases irrespective of whether or not they could actually afford to buy outright.

At least these folk are keeping me supplied in £2-5K bits of flash for not much cash a decade or so in the future.

I can’t speak for others but what others think of me doesn’t really cross my mind. I’ve loved BMW’s since the e36 model and as an 18 year old whippersnapper I drove my bosses SC RR and have had a hard on for them since. They are like nothing else to drive. 

I must admit the m4 vert was very showy but generally I drive the cars I want to for me. 

29 minutes ago, EPV said:

I can’t speak for others but what others think of me doesn’t really cross my mind. I’ve loved BMW’s since the e36 model and as an 18 year old whippersnapper I drove my bosses SC RR and have had a hard on for them since. They are like nothing else to drive. 

I must admit the m4 vert was very showy but generally I drive the cars I want to for me. 

If you don’t mind me saying,when you call your business Elite Preowned Vehicles,you can’t exactly be seen running around in some Skoda or Corsa swapper the way we would because it was half full.

2 hours ago, grant8064 said:

I'm with you 99%, just not the Pagoda/Merc bit:D. In fact I've owned a 70s red 911 and I've been in a CV8 (nice noise). My first love is and has been classic Lotus. I've owned and driven most of them warts and all. But, as I've mentioned before I wouldn't want to sell them. These days I HATE having any money in a smoker. It's a standing joke in my family, the old shitters I tend to drive around in.

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

Scat?:unsure:

18 minutes ago, trade vet said:

If you don’t mind me saying,when you call your business Elite Preowned Vehicles,you can’t exactly be seen running around in some Skoda or Corsa swapper the way we would because it was half full.

Quite right, that's why I always keep a 16 year old 730i with 245,000 miles on the clock just to show the punters I'm no slouch 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, trade vet said:

i used to use 2 different cars when i was buying cars with my wanted ad in the local newspapers

its amazing what dress and car can make to nicking nice stock

On 5/15/2018 at 8:27 PM, Stalker said:

I’d let Michelle Keegan do whatever she likes to me :wub:

Yarp....me toooooo :P

And Nazaneen Ghaffar.....

Meanwhile here is what happened to my recent Mini Cooper purchase, wheel studs snapped and the wheel fell off when turning a corner, luckily no one else was caught up in it. I had to use one of my own trucks to recover it as the AA was going to be 3 hours.

IMG-20180517-WA0001.jpgIMG-20180517-WA0003.jpg

Edited by AutoJacob

25 minutes ago, tradex said:

:o Recent tyres or brake work?

I'd say a Kwik Fitter did those up with his 1000nm windy;)

Is it me or is one bolt missing?

or are they studs afterall?

Back to Rangies, they do say a lot about the owners though, taste, softfisticatiun and savory fayre;)

Image result for I want a car for a twat audi

PS will be running slicks...

That has ‘ schoolgate credibility’,I am sorry to say.It would sell,probably on chucky,a must have for the Kardashian like generation.

37 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

Meanwhile here is what happened to my recent Mini Cooper purchase, wheel studs snapped and the wheel fell off when turning a corner, luckily no one else was caught up in it. I had to use one of my own trucks to recover it as the AA was going to be 3 hours.

IMG-20180517-WA0001.jpgIMG-20180517-WA0003.jpg

This is Wheely bad......

It wheely shouldn't happen....

Had that happen to me years ago on a Nissan cabstar. Fucking scary. 

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

That has ‘ schoolgate credibility’,I am sorry to say.It would sell,probably on chucky,a must have for the Kardashian like generation.

Looks like it's driving out of a 'traveller site'

6 minutes ago, met said:

Looks like it's driving out of a 'traveller site'

That's the footballer, Stephen Ireland, say's it all really......

7 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

so has this mini had any bites or what? :D

Only the tarmac.....

• Like 1

send me a link to the car please - we have done 5 this week so far and we only have 13 in stock... probably be dead for the next 8 months now :)

1 hour ago, Grantlfc81 said:

send me a link to the car please - we have done 5 this week so far and we only have 13 in stock... probably be dead for the next 8 months now :)

Nice to hear mate. Reading some of the chaps on here you’d think the world was ending 

• Like 1