David Horgan

best price offers make me laugh during lock down

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, MrP said:

Just had an email. Car up for £2995 said he would pay the full price but want's to pay £2000 today and let me have the £995 in 6 months time!!

Haha , kiss goodbye to £995 the easy way , tell him you would sooner post £995 down a drain .

Cheeky pillock he is :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrP said:

Just had an email. Car up for £2995 said he would pay the full price but want's to pay £2000 today and let me have the £995 in 6 months time!!

So, that’s £2k down and the balance on finance? Win!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrP said:

Just had an email. Car up for £2995 said he would pay the full price but want's to pay £2000 today and let me have the £995 in 6 months time!!

Surely that’s not the first time you’ve had such an offer. The last one I had said “There’s no point me asking for finance“ (I don’t do finance anyway), ....”because I’m blacklisted”! Imagine waiting for the balance payment :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 12:11 AM, Daz said:

Had one recently.... 2012 Plate Zafira.... cheap, reliable-ish. New test.

Customer Calls:

Hi calling about the zafira on your website, I'm looking for a very safe car. I've three kids you know?!

Me: Yep all our cars are inspected prior to sale plus this has a new test.

Customer: Great, what's the lowest you'll go on it.

Me: Our stock is advertised to sell. Its advertised at our best price.

Customer: The advert says it has 4 New chunky tyres, How much will you do it for without the tyres.... (She had a 2005 Zafira and wanted to somehow use her old tyres)

She wasnt even joking..... the lockdown loony brigade.

BUT SHES GOT 3 KIDS ..WHO SHE OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a call yesterday , golf Q ; has it had a cam belt and water pump , Has it got two keys , Does sat Nav work , Whats the make of the tyres . When was last service done .

A All the info is on the web site , take a look but don't mess about as its very popular 

2nd Q list , Is there any rust has it got leather seats , Are they heated , whens MOT due and will it have a new one . 

 

TODAY ;; 

A; Told you not to mess its SOLD .:lol:

THEN 

Q ; 3rd list , If all those questions can be answered correctly and by close of business i can offer you £18,000 and take it away . 

Answer , ; Listen my friend  The car has a CHAIN not a BELT , Its advertised with TWO KEYS , SAT NAV works and its on the PICTURES i told you to look at , Advert says its NEW PIRELLIS all round , Advert says JUST SERVICED NOW , Pictures show its NOT LEATHER  but cloth and Suede and yes its HEATED because it says so and PICTURED , New MOT Stated on Advert , There is no RUST as its only just 3 Years old , 

BUT ITS NOW SOLD  and NO i wouldn't have took your £18,000 as its advertised for £21,000 BUT ITS SOLD you missed it . 

 

Response from him  I Can offer £19,000 then :lol:

I didn't answer so the prat sent a Row of ??????????? 

Thick stupid idiot , Good job he didn't buy it as its 300 bhp and his brain cant work that fast :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Had a call yesterday , golf Q ; has it had a cam belt and water pump , Has it got two keys , Does sat Nav work , Whats the make of the tyres . When was last service done .

A All the info is on the web site , take a look but don't mess about as its very popular 

2nd Q list , Is there any rust has it got leather seats , Are they heated , whens MOT due and will it have a new one . 

 

TODAY ;; 

A; Told you not to mess its SOLD .:lol:

THEN 

Q ; 3rd list , If all those questions can be answered correctly and by close of business i can offer you £18,000 and take it away . 

Answer , ; Listen my friend  The car has a CHAIN not a BELT , Its advertised with TWO KEYS , SAT NAV works and its on the PICTURES i told you to look at , Advert says its NEW PIRELLIS all round , Advert says JUST SERVICED NOW , Pictures show its NOT LEATHER  but cloth and Suede and yes its HEATED because it says so and PICTURED , New MOT Stated on Advert , There is no RUST as its only just 3 Years old , 

BUT ITS NOW SOLD  and NO i wouldn't have took your £18,000 as its advertised for £21,000 BUT ITS SOLD you missed it . 

 

Response from him  I Can offer £19,000 then :lol:

I didn't answer so the prat sent a Row of ??????????? 

Thick stupid idiot , Good job he didn't buy it as its 300 bhp and his brain cant work that fast :wacko:

Brilliant :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad it's not just us then having these silly offers.

I think I'm just gonna send them a link to this forum thread from now on instead of replying "courteously"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Had a call yesterday , golf Q ; has it had a cam belt and water pump , Has it got two keys , Does sat Nav work , Whats the make of the tyres . When was last service done .

A All the info is on the web site , take a look but don't mess about as its very popular 

2nd Q list , Is there any rust has it got leather seats , Are they heated , whens MOT due and will it have a new one . 

 

TODAY ;; 

A; Told you not to mess its SOLD .:lol:

THEN 

Q ; 3rd list , If all those questions can be answered correctly and by close of business i can offer you £18,000 and take it away . 

Answer , ; Listen my friend  The car has a CHAIN not a BELT , Its advertised with TWO KEYS , SAT NAV works and its on the PICTURES i told you to look at , Advert says its NEW PIRELLIS all round , Advert says JUST SERVICED NOW , Pictures show its NOT LEATHER  but cloth and Suede and yes its HEATED because it says so and PICTURED , New MOT Stated on Advert , There is no RUST as its only just 3 Years old , 

BUT ITS NOW SOLD  and NO i wouldn't have took your £18,000 as its advertised for £21,000 BUT ITS SOLD you missed it . 

 

Response from him  I Can offer £19,000 then :lol:

I didn't answer so the prat sent a Row of ??????????? 

Thick stupid idiot , Good job he didn't buy it as its 300 bhp and his brain cant work that fast :wacko:

Brilliant, keep them coming.......................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My most hilarious offer a few years ago was in a Spares or repairs Golf 1.4 TSI I had gotten buried in. 

I'll save the full story (I'm sure I posted it on here) the punter offered a good sum more than it was advertised for....

 

He wanted to pay using a couple of grands worth of Postage stamps. 

 

I've also been offered a Painting at one point  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MrC said:

My most hilarious offer a few years ago was in a Spares or repairs Golf 1.4 TSI I had gotten buried in. 

I'll save the full story (I'm sure I posted it on here) the punter offered a good sum more than it was advertised for....

 

He wanted to pay using a couple of grands worth of Postage stamps. 

 

I've also been offered a Painting at one point  

 

 

Had a few boats, gym membership (piss taker) and the offer of a tropical fish set up.....one owner from new though to be fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

Had a few boats, gym membership (piss taker) and the offer of a tropical fish set up.....one owner from new though to be fair. 

Did it have a fully stamped up dorsal fin though .?

Without that they are worth below plimsol line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a guy email about a Ford Transit Custom saying we have over priced it by 2k, so his offer was 2k less as there were others similar for that kind of money. Did try to tell him there was more likely a reason for the price difference. He wouldn't have it. So we replied with: well go and buy one of them then. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, A & S said:

So we replied with: well go and buy one of them then. 

I reckon most months I have to tell some punter exactly that. Whenever I ask them why they are phoning me instead of the seller of the cheap one I’ve never yet had a satisfactory answer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BHM said:

I reckon most months I have to tell some punter exactly that. Whenever I ask them why they are phoning me instead of the seller of the cheap one I’ve never yet had a satisfactory answer. 

Same here, I've had the odd answer of "yes but I prefer yours" 

"yes, and I'd prefer to live in Buckingham Palace but, don't have the money for that either" 

Edited by Frank Cannon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, A & S said:

 So we replied with: well go and buy one of them then. 

Many years ago when I sold a different commodity we often had customers complain that it was cheaper at comet

I always told them to go there and buy it as we couldn't match that price

They used to say ah but comet haven't got any

Fine I used to say but we give ours away when we haven't got any

They used to walk off oblivious

1975 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, It's me said:

Many years ago when I sold a different commodity we often had customers complain that it was cheaper at comet

I always told them to go there and buy it as we couldn't match that price

They used to say ah but comet haven't got any

Fine I used to say but we give ours away when we haven't got any

They used to walk off oblivious

1975 :)

:lol::lol: 1975!?!! Your tale is as old as Trade Vet’s stories (almost).

Edited by BHM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how relevant this is, but I was buying a TV a few years ago from an independent retailer and was trying to negotiate the price as we dealers do..... This was at lunch time and the manager completely ignored my offer and simply said "what time do you finish work" to which I replied round 6.30-7 and he said" the TV will be in your house and working before you get home". That was the end of the negotiation and I went on to spend thousands with them for our home and dealership. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 12:11 AM, Daz said:

Had one recently.... 2012 Plate Zafira.... cheap, reliable-ish. New test.

Customer Calls:

Hi calling about the zafira on your website, I'm looking for a very safe car. I've three kids you know?!

Me: Yep all our cars are inspected prior to sale plus this has a new test.

Customer: Great, what's the lowest you'll go on it.

Me: Our stock is advertised to sell. Its advertised at our best price.

Customer: The advert says it has 4 New chunky tyres, How much will you do it for without the tyres.... (She had a 2005 Zafira and wanted to somehow use her old tyres)

She wasnt even joking..... the lockdown loony brigade.

Give it her on bricks:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had 2 today, BMW X3 advertised £4995, attracting alot of idiots, first email " best price collect asap" i replied £4995. second email  "would you accept £4000?" Didn't bother replying. From 2 different email addresses. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are getting worse,  I’ve just had someone try and chip me 20% off the price of the car that has not even arrived yet and want 1st refusal....... erm....no to both!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

They are getting worse,  I’ve just had someone try and chip me 20% off the price of the car that has not even arrived yet and want 1st refusal....... erm....no to both!! 

Even if you answered yes these idiots wouldn’t buy anyway. Cheeky greedy messers usually. There’s a big difference wanting to buy a car when it’s not available to buy - as soon as it’s available I’ve found these characters haven’t got a pot to piss in.

Edited by BHM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BHM said:

Even if you answered yes these idiots wouldn’t buy anyway. Cheeky greedy messers usually. There’s a big difference wanting to buy a car when it’s not available to buy - as soon as it’s available I’ve found these characters haven’t got a pot to piss in.

Couldn’t agree more, the fact it’s not yet available means there is no actual chance of them having to buy it, even if you cii off of get a deposit out of them, they can keep you waiting a week before they have to come and see the car, and then either not turn up or call with a p**s poor excuse, in which time you could have advertised it and sold it so someone who deserved to buy the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

punter on a Qashqai just come in at £7995 on the phone first question he asks wots yer best last price on this Mate................... not even hello or is that Blenheim car sales ect 

 

I reply its £7995 and i am not your mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.