David Horgan

How long can traders hang on if we went to lock down like Italy

Has there not been any notable price drops in stock, due to isolation/less competition etc?

8 hours ago, DasAuto said:

Has there not been any notable price drops in stock, due to isolation/less competition etc?

I haven't at the local auction but think in time it may come seen a video online on youtube about it and at one bca auction they were saying there wasn't a single in person bidder there 

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 12:07 PM, C B said:

My plan is full steam ahead!!! 

I'll cross any doom and gloom bridges if and when I come to any. 

Certainly won't be battening any hatches, scaling back or similar. 

If anything I'll be going harder, and bmore positive. 

I cannot physically stand all the scare mongering and the absolute morons who are out panic buying pasta and toilet rolls!! 

One thing's for sure. I won't stop buying, working, looking for opportunities or doing any less than I already do. 

I may even buy a hazmat suit and change all my 'attention grabbers' to....... CORONAVIRUS SUFFERS WELCOME' 

Well said, it doesnt take much for us  to talk ourselves into recession. thankfully not noticed much of a difference, if anything Feb was a bumper month. Workshop has had a few cancellations but still selling more directly online with deposits unseen, we deliver nationwide so that helps. We've got to keep our heads and continue as normal. mate of mine cancelled everything last month, Motors, autotrader, facebook, ebay, and is now complaining his sales have virtually stopped, thanks to the Coronavirus!!! - NO shit Sherlock!

Noticed stock at auction coming back to somewhere near book - theres opportunities out there

lot of interest in my cheaper end stock, more than usual, not sure why?

56 minutes ago, RH Trading said:

Well said, it doesnt take much for us  to talk ourselves into recession. thankfully not noticed much of a difference, if anything Feb was a bumper month. Workshop has had a few cancellations but still selling more directly online with deposits unseen, we deliver nationwide so that helps. We've got to keep our heads and continue as normal. mate of mine cancelled everything last month, Motors, autotrader, facebook, ebay, and is now complaining his sales have virtually stopped, thanks to the Coronavirus!!! - NO shit Sherlock!

Noticed stock at auction coming back to somewhere near book - theres opportunities out there

I think it is maybe a lot of people who would normally use public transport are buying cheaper stuff or looking to get into a car . Not to be on busy trains or buses most people are saying the same seen a few others comment similar here and the cheaper stuff does seems to be moving .

Was talking to a friend last week who sells a lot of high end stuff and started out with the bread and butter stuff and still sells a few good trade ins or local cars and he was saying his cheaper stuff is flying out the door up to about 2k but no real interest in the higher end of the market stock . 

Edited by Casper

12 minutes ago, Casper said:

I think it is maybe a lot of people who would normally use public transport are buying cheaper stuff or looking to get into a car . Not to be on busy trains or buses most people are saying the same seen a few others comment similar here and the cheaper stuff does seems to be moving .

Was talking to a friend last week who sells a lot of high end stuff and started out with the bread and butter stuff and still sells a few good trade ins or local cars and he was saying his cheaper stuff is flying out the door up to about 2k but no real interest in the higher end of the market stock . 

No surprise though? Anyone can sell good cheap cars, if you can get them?

• Like 1

At the block, anything above 15k is 2 grand behind, and not selling by the looks of things.

2 hours ago, RH Trading said:

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Its really not difficult guys.

People are starting to realise they will no longer be able to afford spending £400 a month on a fancy German motor so are giving back and buying something cheaper. Dealers with lots of £1000-£3000 stock are likely to see an upturn in trade imo. Dealers sitting on £15k-£25k stock? Yeah good luck with that.

Its simple economics.

Edited by Not_a_dealer
Typo

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

At the block, anything above 15k is 2 grand behind, and not selling by the looks of things.

Online bidders?

just out of interest are the ‘cheapies’ behind book too? 

Edited by metcars

Just came away from BCA Blackbushe , plenty of people there, maybe not so many supermarket buyers , prices way down , lots of cars not selling . 

Was online and the only car I wanted went over CAP when all the other stuff seemed to be between average / clean.

1 hour ago, metcars said:

Online bidders?

just out of interest are the ‘cheapies’ behind book too? 

under 6k seem to still be holding ok.

and just no bidders at all, either online or in the hall.

42 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

we pickers are getting more picky

whats the point of buying anything but the best if your valeter /painter/ mot garage/ has shut

just sayin....

Our local bodyshop and independent garage who do our small jobs are flat out as everyone’s dropping their cars in for jobs they have been meaning to do.

Our sales guys seem to be taking calls from customers asking what happens if???

On a plus with the major slide on the Euro just traded two high value BMWs to Ireland.  He has no idea how and when they will get to him but has transferred a holding deposit.

5 hours ago, metcars said:

No surprise though? Anyone can sell good cheap cars, if you can get them?

Yeah i agree i was just meaning the cheap stuff seems to be going quicker than normal but the 10k stuff is sitting about . But anything Up to 2k seems to go quick . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Contracts said:

Our local bodyshop and independent garage who do our small jobs are flat out as everyone’s dropping their cars in for jobs they have been meaning to do.

Our sales guys seem to be taking calls from customers asking what happens if???

On a plus with the major slide on the Euro just traded two high value BMWs to Ireland.  He has no idea how and when they will get to him but has transferred a holding deposit.

Good for them,my local mot place is the same but all the other traders I know are basically doing no trade,the autotrader look within 1 mile of me has 60% less cars advertised than normal,all I have sold this last week have been distress purchases 

58 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Good for them,my local mot place is the same but all the other traders I know are basically doing no trade,the autotrader look within 1 mile of me has 60% less cars advertised than normal,all I have sold this last week have been distress purchases 

Plenty on Dealer Auction though for the trade. I guess the main dealers are doing nowt so they’ve had time to upload all of their accurately described gems. 

6 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

we pickers are getting more picky

whats the point of buying anything but the best if your valeter /painter/ mot garage/ has shut

just sayin....

Our painters usually seem so pissed and high on fumes i'd doubt they even know what's going on. 

• Haha 2

On 3/14/2020 at 2:12 PM, C B said:

None car dealer joins car dealer forum to spout a load of wank juice and scaremongering. 

I don't speak for the forum but as far as I'm concerned it's not welcome. 

On March 14th UK had 1,140 cases and 21 deaths. 10 days later and we have 8,077 cases and sadly 422 deaths. The ExCeL centre in London is being converted into a field hospital with plans for 4,000 patients inside.

Is this still "wank juice and scaremongering"?

How many cases will it take for you to understand this is serious shit?

Edited by Stillnotadealer
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Stillnotadealer said:

On March 14th UK had 1,140 cases and 21 deaths. 10 days later and we have 8,077 cases and sadly 422 deaths. The ExCeL centre in London is being converted into a field hospital with plans for 4,000 patients inside.

Is this still "wank juice and scaremongering"?

How many cases will it take for you to understand this is serious shit?

I thought you were gona fuck off an leave us alone seeing your not a car dealer just a peadophile who owns an old golf and likes young kids?

Nah,

4 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

I thought you were gona fuck off an leave us alone seeing your not a car dealer just a peadophile who owns an old golf and likes young kids?

Charming. You broke yet? Can i buy a car 50% off?

Edited by Stillnotadealer

Better watch the police don’t get a hold of your hard drive, have you seen the virus rates in a jail.

2 hours ago, Stillnotadealer said:

Nah,

Charming. You broke yet? Can i buy a car 50% off?

Do you have a part ex?

On 3/18/2020 at 11:42 AM, Not_a_dealer said:

Its really not difficult guys.

People are starting to realise they will no longer be able to afford spending £400 a month on a fancy German motor so are giving back and buying something cheaper. Dealers with lots of £1000-£3000 stock are likely to see an upturn in trade imo. Dealers sitting on £15k-£25k stock? Yeah good luck with that.

Its simple economics.

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casper said:

:)

In the 2-3 weeks running up to the lockdown the £0-£2.5k ish stuff was still selling easily. Basically anything which had some MOT and vaguely worked but was cheap still seemed to be flying out the door but everything else was dead.

The "distress" car market will always have demand. People who simply need another car because their existing one has been stolen/crashed/failed MOT/clutch gone/died or whatever will still have to buy one so the low level of the market will come back quickly. Add in all the people who's leased 18-plate German thing has just been re-possessed and it could be boom time. However, the "Changing my car because I fancy a new one" market might take much longer if confidence and the economy has taken a big hit. I can't see the latter coming back strongly until Corona is seen as done and dusted (vaccine or whatever) and the economy has bounced back a bit. 

There will always be people with money but they need to confidence to spend it.

• Like 1