Holmfirth Cars

The Tesla Way - The way forward ££££

Hi all, i wanted to share this with you, it made me think.......I Bought a car of a local lady Dr last week, she said Tesla didn't want her car, no interest in the px, then she said. they wont now even consider a px.....we do, or are we all too customer focused, ie : they expect everything and take the piss.

Then she said she couldn't have a test drive of the Tesla , she had to leave Dealer and book a test drive online, i laughed, she was serious, then she said the dealer allocated HER A TIME, not the other way round !!!! wow this is how to make money !!!

Then she asked 5 questions about her new £38000 Tesla, the sales-advisor-tech boffin then said said....get this...GO ON THE FORUM, I DON'T ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS -WOW

She also said the Dealer wanted £38000 upfront 9 days before seeing her new car, i said are you paying them, she said....YES- amazing how Tesla dictate their terms to the customer, this is the way forward...i love it !!!! 

She then complained nobody ever answers the phone or returns e mails....

WE ALL NEED TO ADOPT THE TESLA WAY- THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS KING ???

• Like 1

I went once with a friend to the launch of the model X. Wow the money they spent on food and drink for us all was impressive.

However the build quality was shocking.

P.S Holmfirth a lovely part of the world, I use to live in Upperthong (yes that was the real name  to the others reading this haha)

I guess if you have something people want, and can’t get elsewhere, then you don’t have to prostitute yourself. Also, not needing the money helps  

There’s a place near us that sells used Teslas. I understand he gets them from their owners (sometimes on SOR) as Tesla won’t even take them back in chop. 

Now I’m no oil painting, but that truck is Fugly!

On the subject of Tesla did anyone else take advantage of their share price free falling? I’ve spent 5k last week which is all of my wedding savings on shares, hopefully they go back up soon or wife to be will be less than impressed :lol:

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

On the subject of Tesla did anyone else take advantage of their share price free falling? I’ve spent 5k last week which is all of my wedding savings on shares, hopefully they go back up soon or wife to be will be less than impressed :lol:

Look on the bright side mark if they dont go back up you wont need to worry about paying for the wedding :lol:

Don’t get me started on them.  Zero company car tax next year so we are doing loads.  They won’t deliver, 30 minute group hand overs,  several price increases of M3 since launch but that protects used values.  Allocation is another, cars on order since the summer but last week ordered identical and he gets it next week from stock.

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

I assumed you meant by shorting them! I wouldn’t advise trying to make money on Tesla shares, way too volatile. My advice would be to sell up as soon as they get back to the price paid or just cut your losses now. Investing in a company that’s burning cash instead of making a profit is a big risk, I was always taught only buy shares with money you can afford to lose. 

3 minutes ago, Contracts said:

Don’t get me started on them.  Zero company car tax next year so we are doing loads.  They won’t deliver, 30 minute group hand overs,  several price increases of M3 since launch but that protects used values.  Allocation is another, cars on order since the summer but last week ordered identical and he gets it next week from stock.

What’s the warranty on them and who’s liable if they are off the road? Heard some horror stories in quality (inc wheels falling off) including a friend who had one, although this was 3 yrs ago now so hopefully they will have improved. My brother loves his though. But he did lease due to concerns over residuals.  

3 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

It’s called ‘ catch a falling  star ‘,good luck..The guys I was talking to last week in DC were very negative about Tesla.Did you see the launch of the indestructable De Lorean style Pick Up last week.It was a disaster,then the next day Elon Musk says he has 150,000 orders.

I hope you have declared your investment to your wife !

1 hour ago, CCC said:

What’s the warranty on them and who’s liable if they are off the road? Heard some horror stories in quality (inc wheels falling off) including a friend who had one, although this was 3 yrs ago now so hopefully they will have improved. My brother loves his though. But he did lease due to concerns over residuals.  

4 years or 50k, battery is 8 years 100k from memory.  Have put one on a 3 year contract of 45k per year so let’s see how that goes!  Also done a few to companies where the driver has nowhere to charge.

Lots of teething problems but they have rangers who fix them.  Have seen pictures of some shoddy panel gaps and paint but most drivers don’t seem to report issues.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chrishowie said:

P.S Holmfirth a lovely part of the world, I use to live in Upperthong (yes that was the real name  to the others reading this haha)

I preferred thongsbridge myself... I’m sure there is a lower thong too? :D

5 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Take advantage of a share price of $320 per share :wacko:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tradex said:

PS....why are Tesla's always in such dull colours? 

Dull owners.

Have you ever talked to one?

• Haha 1

Shit colours and fugly cars - is there a reason why EV need to be so ugly. Why for example can't Ecars just look like their IC counterparts?

13 hours ago, trade vet said:

It’s called ‘ catch a falling  star ‘,good luck..The guys I was talking to last week in DC were very negative about Tesla.Did you see the launch of the indestructable De Lorean style Pick Up last week.It was a disaster,then the next day Elon Musk says he has 150,000 orders.

I hope you have declared your investment to your wife !

I believe the term is “catch a falling knife” !

18 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Look on the bright side.

You won't have to save up for a divorce:D

9 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Shit colours and fugly cars - is there a reason why EV need to be so ugly. Why for example can't Ecars just look like their IC counterparts?

I've always wondered that too, just put an electric motor in the normal cars and they'd sell a lot more. 

2 minutes ago, J.T said:

I've always wondered that too, just put an electric motor in the normal cars and they'd sell a lot more. 

We’ll see shortly, with the new EGolf etc. 

• Like 1

It’s ok for those who have their own private parking & thus a dedicated area for a charging point installation.

What about the millions of people in terraced houses, flats (apartments if you’re posh) and basically every other property where a public footpath separates the car from the home?

The infrastructure just isn’t here. Yet?

3 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

We’ll see shortly, with the new EGolf etc. 

The E Golf experiment worked then, have been on sale and used on the UK roads for nearly five years and nobody notices them!

11 hours ago, tradex said:

I believe the term is 'catch a fucking cold";)

I regards to Tesla, I feel some of the leading funders might suffer if residuals don’t stay as predicted.  Fag packet maths a two year old M3 Perf will need to be worth c.38k to break even.

2 hours ago, BHM said:

It’s ok for those who have their own private parking & thus a dedicated area for a charging point installation.

What about the millions of people in terraced houses, flats (apartments if you’re posh) and basically every other property where a public footpath separates the car from the home?

The infrastructure just isn’t here. Yet?

Netherlands have lamppost chargers so I expect them to start appearing here soon.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Contracts said:

Netherlands have lamppost chargers so I expect them to start appearing here soon.

Even that's old technology, I remember in the 80's my mates dad used to run the TV and lights in his front room from the lamppost at the back of his flat. :ph34r:

I wonder whether at some stage we will have wireless charging, as in car parking charge mats or perhaps even further, electrified roads. Like the wireless phone charging pads on a much larger scale - probably talking bollocks.

47 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

electrified roads.

Be a lot of dead people about at that point :lol: bzzzzzzzz oh fuck i knew he would walk on the road :o

Just now, David Horgan said:

Be a lot of dead people about at that point :lol: bzzzzzzzz oh fuck i knew he would walk on the road :o

Nah, you can touch the Iphone charging mat, so I am thinking like that really - no science to back up my idea of course. I love wireless charging, now I just want a hoseless hosepipe, i.e. just hold the trigger.

3 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Nah, you can touch the Iphone charging mat, so I am thinking like that really - no science to back up my idea of course. I love wireless charging, now I just want a hoseless hosepipe, i.e. just hold the trigger.

I actually think there is some science to it.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/12/worlds-first-electrified-road-for-charging-vehicles-opens-in-sweden

Looks like there is already something similar in sweden.

I wouldn't be without my Bluetooth jump leads these days, ever so useful.

bluetooth-jumper-cables-35-for-the-set-39039737.png

9 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I wonder whether at some stage we will have wireless charging, as in car parking charge mats or perhaps even further, electrified roads. Like the wireless phone charging pads on a much larger scale - probably talking bollocks.

Far from it, BMW has it working at domestic properties in Germany with a variant of the 530e.