Zahoor

How is September going

have anyone noticed the difference good or bad since autotrader changed the search  we have gone absolutely ded since it has been changed normally start  of the month is busy for us but we haven't sold 1 car yet this month having stock of 80 plus 

6 minutes ago, Zahoor said:

have anyone noticed the difference good or bad since autotrader changed the search  we have gone absolutely ded since it has been changed normally start  of the month is busy for us but we haven't sold 1 car yet this month having stock of 80 plus 

The new search has made a huge impact.  It's completely devalued Premium as I believe it's now made people choose the results filter order of Low / High even more now.

I wouldn't panick as by looking at the AH prices over the last 4 weeks you're best to hold on to your stock as you can't replace it at the moment.

I've forwarded my opinion of the new search on to my account manager.  Worst decision AT have done in years and that's including the decision of a 7% price hike for no valid reason other than greed.  It's going to be an interesting April pricing decision this time round for Auto Trader, that is if they are still owned by the same group.

Good start 

3 on the board 

3 pending tomorrow plus any new enquiries

found restocking easy as well 

Only advertise with Autotrader (no walk ins), usually sell 10 to 12 a month. August up to change of order (around 19 days) I sold 8 cars. Since they changed search (around 17 days) sold 2 cars. May be coincidence but I have given my 30 day notice just in case things dont pick up.

Although I have had around 5 enquiries today, so hopefully will pick up  this weekend. 

We have done 10 in 6 days. 3 today which was a nice start to the weekend.  

Absolutely zero finance proposals this week though....  unusually quiet on the finance front.

Deader than dead last 2 weeks. I'm hoping that it's not the autotrader change but we shall see. Done 1 today which is the only sale in 12 days! 

9 hours ago, Dealer said:

Deader than dead last 2 weeks. I'm hoping that it's not the autotrader change but we shall see. Done 1 today which is the only sale in 12 days! 

Same here the last 7 days, with nothing sold so far (without the Autoraper bill of course) after a reasonable August considering. 

Two demos booked today so here’s hoping...

Good luck everybody!

14 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Absolutely zero finance proposals this week though....  unusually quiet on the finance front.

Finance was on fire June , July & August but so far Sept is debit card only deals , think its everywhere , we had the BLUE Rep in giving me all sorts of deals to play with . He said it was dead on the finance front . 

2 sales this week both distress customers one was a recommendation other was a previous customer where wife put her foot down and demanded a better car

ppi payment purchases all dried up now

2 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

2 sales this week both distress customers one was a recommendation other was a previous customer where wife put her foot down and demanded a better car

ppi payment purchases all dried up now

soon be claiming they were dying of food poisoning on holiday , getting pay outs for that next :ph34r:

1 hour ago, MattR said:

or Mis Sold a Gap policy or PCP

I have heard that one as well . , You didn't tell me i had a lump to pay at the end . 

I have had a great start to September but August was an absolute disaster, one of the worst months I have ever had in a very long time!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stockedup! said:

I have had a great start to September but August was an absolute disaster, one of the worst months I have ever had in a very long time!!

Same here but having said that year on year August has always been slow... holiday season... everyone’s away or cashing in on the euros... SEP has been fantastic so far.. I have complained to AT rep about the search criteria etc waiting on there call back lol don’t think that will be anytime soon :D

Edited by AW Motorgroup

3 hours ago, AW Motorgroup said:

Same here but having said that year on year August has always been slow... holiday season... everyone’s away or cashing in on the euros... SEP has been fantastic so far.. I have complained to AT rep about the search criteria etc waiting on there call back lol don’t think that will be anytime soon :D

I know it's slow but I think I have always managed to get into double figures. I did have a holiday and think that would have been my busy week but hey ho.... all is well now! I think AT got sick of me tbh…..I was never off the phone LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

Dead apart from timewasters wanting £1500 off £7k cars. All of them,

if they are all lowballing you 1500 nicker are your cars too dear

or

is it the same person wearing you down

or

another local trader trying to wear you down

or all of them

think carefully 

10 hours ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

if they are all lowballing you 1500 nicker are your cars too dear

or

is it the same person wearing you down

or

another local trader trying to wear you down

or all of them

think carefully 

Jason, I will recheck prices.

No, it's different people on 2 different cars.

Funnily enough all of them are on FB...which probably says a lot. No enquiries on other platforms though.

Edited by tradegirl

11 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Funnily enough all of them are on FB...which probably says a lot. No enquiries on other platforms though.

Theres the problem TG