Grantlfc81

I Cannot Sell This car!

Literally for life of me cannot sell this car.  Average market price on auto trader is saying £9000 ish. Ive now priced it a grand below for over a 6 weeks and I cant even get a phone call on it.  Its such a lovely car. 7/8 Volvo stamps and 1 owner with Nav.

I bought this thinking it was an absolute banker haha.  Never a again. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906038621684?utm_source=triggered_emails%26utm_medium=Email%26utm_campaign=email_a_friend

Found a spelling mistake in the first line... must be where I am going wrong

Edited by Grantlfc81

6 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Literally for life of me cannot sell this car.  Average market price on auto trader is saying £9000 ish. Ive now priced it a grand below for over a 6 weeks and I cant even get a phone call on it.  Its such a lovely car. 7/8 Volvo stamps and 1 owner with Nav.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906038621684?utm_source=triggered_emails%26utm_medium=Email%26utm_campaign=email_a_friend

From an outside perspective, I'd do the following:

Re-take photos - some of them look fine, others not so great. The Wheel photo - definitely add tyre shine, not everyone likes it but makes a huge difference on the photo's. The door card photo is blurry.

I'd put the price back up and show a "Great Price" indicator rather than "Low Price" indicator.

Volvo buyers don't tend to be the last price brigade, they want a quality car. We recently sold an XC70 - 

Not sure if you can see the old facebook ad?

We have another one in stock atm - https://www.rjeautomotive.co.uk/used-volvo-xc70-ebbw-vale-south-wales-2330050

• Like 1

I'm going to re photo it..... The fact it hasn't had a call in 3 months is absolutely killing me! i've just dropped it to what I paid for it now. sick of the sight of it now!

1 minute ago, Grantlfc81 said:

I'm going to re photo it..... The fact it hasn't had a call in 3 months is absolutely killing me! i've just dropped it to what I paid for it now. sick of the sight of it now!

GLWS 

FYI We sold our XC70 (the white one) for £11990  via a Car Gurus lead. We're on the paid package. Didn't seem to get much interest through AT though

Reducing prices to shoot stuff is barrow boy stuff at half three on a Saturday afternoon desperation stuff before the strawberries turn to mush....don't ask...anyway your photos are crap

Hth

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Told me about the history Twice over , Told me how cheap it is , But haven't told me about the car 

Heated seats ?

Ipod , AUX , Sat Nav , Any extras ? heated seats, Tel Connection , Climate , electric seats  , , Spare wheel , Two Keys , ISOFIX Points , Air bags " remember its a Volvo " Tell me about how it drives , tyre tread , MOT expiry , last service date , 

Then take new pics , chrome looks tired on grille , Driver seat looks marked , paint looks like it requires a polish , tyres need cleaning and tyre gloss .

Oh and its too cheap as well :o

Edited by David Horgan

1 minute ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

Reducing prices to shoot stuff is barrow boy stuff at half three on a Saturday afternoon desperation stuff before the strawberries turn to mush....don't ask...anyway your photos are crap

Hth

Sounds like you were a greengrocer too in a different life :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t see the problem,I would take some medicine.We all get stickers which we thought would waltz out.I would just make it £6950 and wait for a good retail swapper.Seeing the other stock,I don’t think a loss should have any impact on the business. 

44 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

I think Autotrader are fucking mental putting a 9 grand retail price on this car, it is 8 years old FFS.

You have a 10 plate done 100k ish similar type V50 for £3995, I honestly think sometimes on some cars ultra low miles can really jack the price too much.

3 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I don’t see the problem,I would take some medicine.We all get stickers which we thought would waltz out.I would just make it £6950 and wait for a good retail swapper.Seeing the other stock,I don’t think a loss should have any impact on the business. 

He's advertising it for what it owes him and you want him to drop another bag of sand:huh:

3 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

He's advertising it for what it owes him and you want him to drop another bag of sand:huh:

Yes....and wait for a good swapper and sometimes you can get some chucky commission as well.

2 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Yes....and wait for a good swapper and sometimes you can get some chucky commission as well.

Wouldn't be me doing that but there are more than 1 ways to skin a cat I suppose

Put some white fixings in the front number plate

I know I'm being picky but my pet hate is when gb plates have been changed and blue fixings used in a normal plate esp in such a nice car..

Edit I agree on the tyre shine customers like clean wheels

that and clean fresh number plates can lift a cars appearance   

Edited by Casper

Definitely needs the tyre dressing re photographed and perhaps tints too? Not too sure on Volvo buyers opinions on tints though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Poor colour, slightly substandard photos (although they’re not the problem here), too low miles & how much!?!!! Never mind Autotrader telling you how much it should be, it’s looks far too much to a casual observer. It’s mid range rep fodder. I’d want it to be twice the miles & thousands cheaper.

With any unwanted cars it’s simply a waiting game.

It owes me £7k so I’ve just dropped it for £6995... I want it gone so if it doesnt sell for that then looks like I’m stuck with it haha.

Doom blue, old shape and too much money when a new shape is available.

5 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

It owes me £7k so I’ve just dropped it for £6995... I want it gone so if it doesnt sell for that then looks like I’m stuck with it haha.

Enjoy driving your new Volvo :lol: seriously though hope it sells for you .

nothing worst getting stuck with a car .theres no right no reason to it though you could get  the same car next week and it would fly out or one flys out you go and get one the same and don't get a call .   

I wouldn't dare ask for advice before at least double checking the ad wording on the AT ad which is so obviously wrong.

Volvo customers have changed now. Good lease deals on new units make it harder for the used market.

They have to be good spec. And most of the customers now look for the newer V60 model in that price bracket (albeit with a few more miles on).

As BHM says, that car with 80k on would fly out at £3995 probably.

I know you like a constant corporate theme for your pics and that of course makes sense but the light is to low to make the  pictures "pop"  I think you start over, New pics, New wording, Get excited about it again, Sell the car in the add, Minimum of 50 pics for this one i say and then price it to the  market, If its within £500 of a newer shape one then it needs  to be prived even more severe, Doom blue is not for everyone

31 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Volvo customers have changed now. Good lease deals on new units make it harder for the used market.

They have to be good spec. And most of the customers now look for the newer V60 model in that price bracket (albeit with a few more miles on).

Agree, I saw today new Volvo V40 D2 1.6 Diesel [120] Cross Country for £16196

https://www.new-car-discount.com/car/volvo/v40-diesel-hatchback/hatchback/diesel/manual/d2-120-cross-country-5dr/16/

Your joking right... the description sounds amateurish and make you sound private, the wheels look like its been through the mud and back, tyre shines not expensive :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Casper said:

Enjoy driving your new Volvo :lol: seriously though hope it sells for you .

nothing worst getting stuck with a car .theres no right no reason to it though you could get  the same car next week and it would fly out or one flys out you go and get one the same and don't get a call .   

I’m pretty sure it will sell off the front anyway, plus it is actually a nice car to drive so may I fact in keep it.

I’ll throw the dog in the back and put on a brown cardigan with some driving gloves..... I’ll feel right at home lol

• Like 1