NacMan

Auto trader OVERPRICED

Do you guys think auto trader has gone quite expensive now it didn't used to be this bad and all of a sudden it's sometimes 2k per month. If we all stood together and went on hold do you think they'd reduce there prices ?

2 minutes ago, beenaroundtheblock said:

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up before.

I'm new here ...

54 minutes ago, NacMan said:

I'm new here ...

You don't say.

1 hour ago, NacMan said:

Do you guys think auto trader has gone quite expensive

I personally think it's dirt cheap. Also, why are you paying £2000? My bill is less than half that. 

This old argument again, yes it’s expensive, yes we all wish there was a cheaper option that worked just aswell but there isn’t so we just need to like it or lump it, it’s a brilliant business model looking at it from the other side when their logic is we need them more than they need us.

You should perhaps try advertising with Brum motors or whatever he was called from a few months ago?

Lump it. Life goes on without the robbers. Or don’t. No point moaning about it. No one listens. 

Brum. Ha. Forgot already 

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I personally think it's dirt cheap. Also, why are you paying £2000? My bill is less than half that. 

We pay double why are you getting such a good deal this isn’t fair 

Works for some and not for others. Works well for us and we just couldn't work with out AutoTrader

agree with all, you pay for what you get. Nacman how many sales do you get from AT for your £2k? you've got to work out your return, theres plenty of cheaper websites out there but tried them all and for me none come close to the return we get from them and I monitor it very closely

16 hours ago, NacMan said:

Do you guys think auto trader has gone quite expensive now it didn't used to be this bad and all of a sudden it's sometimes 2k per month. If we all stood together and went on hold do you think they'd reduce there prices ?

You want to try AA site its only pennies a week at the side of Autotrader :D

BUT you might as well SHUT because you wont sell anything :rolleyes:

If your Not making AT work look at what you advertise would be the first step , condition , price " inc if your too cheap " , pics , wording on adverts , Stock type , 

Ebay will sell cheaper stuff I would think , Car Gurus might sell cheaper stuff , AT sells all cars believe me , we couldn't imagine not being on there to tell the truth .

BUT again others on here  are living proof that life after AT works as well . All depends as there is not one all round rule that fits all in this game .

4 hours ago, David Horgan said:

You want to try AA site its only pennies a week at the side of Autotrader :D

BUT you might as well SHUT because you wont sell anything :rolleyes:

If your Not making AT work look at what you advertise would be the first step , condition , price " inc if your too cheap " , pics , wording on adverts , Stock type , 

Ebay will sell cheaper stuff I would think , Car Gurus might sell cheaper stuff , AT sells all cars believe me , we couldn't imagine not being on there to tell the truth .

BUT again others on here  are living proof that life after AT works as well . All depends as there is not one all round rule that fits all in this game .

I remember advertising an old polo saloon years ago the car was 12 years old at the time but i found out later it was one lady owner since about 2 years it only had had something like 46k miles at the time the lady only did about 16k with it did its first 30k was with the previous company owner for 2 years.

polished up nice new set of plates new wheel trims . Minimal mot work for a test a mini service . Full valet machine polish shampoo seats etc And the lady even sent me the fsh and touch up pen .

at first I advertised it on the local free ads paper think as trade I was paying £10 at the time never got a call in weeks 

put it on autotrader as trade think it cost £36 pound at the time phone never stopped for it although the eventually buyer said he seen it in the free ads paper . 

Edited by Casper

I put this on another thread, so apologies for repeating myself.

I just had a 3 month trial with ebay/ gumtree, worked out at approx £120 per sale

Autotrader approx £90 per sale

Thats all that matter to me £ per sale.

Ebay/gumtree brings a lot of enquiries but the quality of them is poor.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BIGNIT said:

I put this on another thread, so apologies for repeating myself.

I just had a 3 month trial with ebay/ gumtree, worked out at approx £120 per sale

Autotrader approx £90 per sale

Thats all that matter to me £ per sale.

Ebay/gumtree brings a lot of enquiries but the quality of them is poor.

For me it was the cost of a no -sale. Extortionate. As well as the horrid, dreadfully cluttered website, banners, sponsored listings, price markers race to the bottom and price increases.

Over four grand a month bill is not something I miss. Particularly in the quiet times.

I should try it again one day in a limited capacity,  but every time I think about the robbers, it makes me cross. Life goes on without them.   

Do any of you ever sell cars word of mouth due to your good reputations you all have.

some of the independents I did work for used to get it back and forward..obv not as a regular thing but I've heard a lot 

like my auntie bought a car from you .

Like umesh with his bulb  story Some of the repeat customers are in there 4 or 5 th car from there now . 

Edited by Casper

9 minutes ago, Casper said:

Do any of you ever sell cars word of mouth due to your good reputations you all have.

some of the independents I did work for used to get it back and forward..obv not as a regular thing but I've heard a lot 

Like umesh with his bulb  story Some of the repeat customers are in there 4 or 5 th car from there now . 

Yes and no. Not so much anymore, but I do see them drive past in the same car they bought off me three/four years ago. 

You always get the odd few who always buy off you -or at least ask you to look out for something you haven’t got. 

Do get quite a lot of the ‘my friend, dad, uncle, auntie bought off you’ which is always nice. 

Edited by NOACROSS

20 minutes ago, Casper said:

Yes and a lot more than i thought i would.

Most cars will be up on our Facebook page so they can look on there to see if we have anything in stock they fancy.

Delivering one on Friday to local chap only way he found me was because i sold his son a car a few months back.

I for one have never used auto trader but with the current change in a stock portfolio and what we carry i think its about time i did.

Might try a few cars on pay as you go and see how i get on nothing to lose for the sake of £70 quid.

9 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Yes and a lot more than i thought i would.

Most cars will be up on our Facebook page so they can look on there to see if we have anything in stock they fancy.

Delivering one on Friday to local chap only way he found me was because i sold his son a car a few months back.

I for one have never used auto trader but with the current change in a stock portfolio and what we carry i think its about time i did.

Might try a few cars on pay as you go and see how i get on nothing to lose for the sake of £70 quid.

Good idea. Do let us know how you get on. 

2 hours ago, Casper said:

put it on autotrader as trade think it cost £36 pound at the time phone never stopped it although the eventually buyer said he seen it in the free ads paper .

Now that's sods law isn't it .:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Now that's sods law isn't it .:rolleyes:

Thats it .it was on the road for years afterwards was a great little car .. be ok if we could all find a couple of them like that a week .  

Edited by Casper

I started with eBay, Motors and Auto Trader at the same time 2 months ago; Auto Trader has produced 30-odd deals, eBay about 10 and I can't actually remember if Motors has produced a single deal so far?

From my experience, if I get just one phone call from an Auto Trader ad, it's 99% sold. 

eBay is hard work, loads of time wasters. Plenty of enquiries from Motors, but for me they don't seem to go anywhere.

For now, I'd be happy to ditch eBay and Motors.