Sign in to follow this  
tradegirl

"Did you buy it at auction?"

People seem scared of our cars as we are open they have been lease cars either personal or business but unlike many dealers we can show them the original supply invoice and maintenance record.  

We have started lending some of our cheaper cars to a local independent on SOR and he has done 2 this week via Autotrader.  This seems a little odd to us as we have the cars advertised for nearly £1000 less in a near identical postcode but have not had any calls on either of them.

There was a time not that long ago when people in these parts would not buy a car from outside of the area, reason being, they did not want something that had been driven up hills or in traffic.

Punters hate the ‘A’ word because many of them have little understanding of how this industry works so think only the shit goes to the block - they think big dealer groups negotiate singley every part exchanged car!

Edited by BHM

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Punters hate the ‘A’ word because many of them have little understanding of how this industry works so think only the shit goes to the block - they think big dealer groups negotiate singley every part exchanged car!

Exactly. The only auctions they see are on TV shows!

Just tell them all cars are personally sourced from some main dealer contacts. The amount of cars we get from the dealer down the road whilst hoping the valeters haven't left any manheim stuff in them:lol:

Just give people the answer they want to hear with that stuff they get the same warranty irrespective.

Friend of ours had a good auction question last year . arranges the customer to look at a BMW 645i , came to see it and said i was at Blackbushe BCA when this car was sold and saw what you paid for it so I'm going to make an offer with £500 profit in it for you :lol: "forgot the fees and transport by the way too "

Friend said if you were there why didnt you buy it . 

Answer was :blink:, I wanted a dealer to prep it , MOT it and I've also got warranty rights so I can bring it back if it goes wrong because its in an auction and didn't want the risk  :angry:

Was told to GO away promptly :angry:

3 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Just tell them all cars are personally sourced from some main dealer contacts.

Long time ago I said this on the phone which satisfies the buyer and he books his train ticket.

On the day of his travel he calls me : he ran a HPI check that showed the car entered the auction 10 days ago. He was absolutely furious.

Oh no, he was furious because he took a day off work and paid for a train ticket for a car he now wouldn't view because it came from an auction.

You can explain to them how an auction works and tell them yes it is.

I have several times and their faces change:

"Have you heard of Arnold Clark on thr radio when they go on about trading your car in?"

"Oh yes yes"

"Well when Mr Geek who has owned his Skoda Octavia for 10 years and serviced it at dealers each year and polished every Sunday, whilst his wife was at the church with the vicar, now decided he wants an upgrade he went into Arnold Clark and bought a new one and traded this one in. Arnold Clark only sell newer vehicles and therefore auction the older stuff off. As you can see they only take in decent stock"

"Hmm yeah it is a fine example, the best I have seen so far"

Honesty sometimes does get you far.

TG no offence but you seem to get upset very easily?

20 hours ago, Row said:

The one that gets me is, How long have you had it, I had a call this week and that was the very first thing he said !

This, [and the where do you get them from then ?]  on the phone, i refer them to the bit where it says "trade seller" in the advert, the "how long have you ad it " is easily answered by well obviously not long because i am a trade seller, it's my job, my business, i am a trade seller ;)

3 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

TG no offence but you seem to get upset very easily?

I honestly have no defence to that. I have a short fuse, and shouldn't be working in any customer facing job...which all jobs are to an extent.

I know I should be more easygoing, especially considering you catch more bees with honey, or whatever the saying is.

58 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

I honestly have no defence to that. I have a short fuse, and shouldn't be working in any customer facing job...which all jobs are to an extent.

I know I should be more easygoing, especially considering you catch more bees with honey, or whatever the saying is.

I do too but i dont lose it over little things.

Short fuse = causing more stress to yourself and stress = higher heart rate = medical problems

I wont let small things mess up my health.

No health = no wealth(you can have all the £££ but without health its nothing)

No wealth but health? Yeah why not!

57 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

I do too but i dont lose it over little things.

Short fuse = causing more stress to yourself and stress = higher heart rate = medical problems

I wont let small things mess up my health.

No health = no wealth(you can have all the £££ but without health its nothing)

No wealth but health? Yeah why not!

The healthiest man is the wealthiest man. (or woman)

Edited by Row

@TangoVictor32 and @Row you're both absolutely right and thank you. I'm working on it. I often wonder how much the small daily stresses affect us in the long run. A stressful or toxic day we think is just a day, but drop by drop we wake up one day with a life altering illness and wonder where it came from.

I know none of it is worth it our health.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Row said:

The healthiest man is the wealthiest man. (or woman)

Ouch... That would be the fattest.

Trump vs Schwarznegger

Both similar height both similar weight and age

Trump 109kg of pure lard

Schawarznegger 109kg muscle

Trump has a fatty fleshy chin Schwarznegger has the traps...:lol:

16 hours ago, tradegirl said:

@TangoVictor32 and @Row you're both absolutely right and thank you. I'm working on it. I often wonder how much the small daily stresses affect us in the long run. A stressful or toxic day we think is just a day, but drop by drop we wake up one day with a life altering illness and wonder where it came from.

I know none of it is worth it our health.

Exactly. When i was in the plod people used to travel 2 to 3 hours a day to work and home. Over a typical 20 day working month that was 40 to 60 hours of travelling thats nearly 3 days... X 12 that's over a month spent in traffic... Had they lived closer it would have reduced which means more family or personal time.

Plus they wore shoes for 15 hours a day and wondered why their feet were fucked. 

2 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Exactly. When i was in the plod people used to travel 2 to 3 hours a day to work and home. Over a typical 20 day working month that was 40 to 60 hours of travelling thats nearly 3 days... X 12 that's over a month spent in traffic... Had they lived closer it would have reduced which means more family or personal time.

Plus they wore shoes for 15 hours a day and wondered why their feet were fucked. 

Wow you were a police officer? What made you change to cars?

I can't fathom commuting that much to work. Needs must I suppose though.

You're pretty insightful on health. I'm listening to an audio book and they're saying when you're angry your actual blood profile changes to more toxic. Not sure how true that is.

I also wonder how much all the driving about we do, auction fumes and chemicals we use for valeting affects our health.

3 hours ago, tradegirl said:

I can't fathom commuting that much to work. Needs must I suppose though.

You're pretty insightful on health. I'm listening to an audio book and they're saying when you're angry your actual blood profile changes to more toxic. Not sure how true that is.

I also wonder how much all the driving about we do, auction fumes and chemicals we use for valeting affects our health.

I retired after 30 years so had to do something to pass time.

As i said without any health you're wealth is useless ie if you're a limping dog you cant go skiing or hiking...or long distance holidays

On 01/06/2019 at 5:19 PM, tradegirl said:

Beacuse selling cars is a slightly more honest way of making a living :lol:

I am joking Tango :P

Edited by Mark101