Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Project Lupo 1.7 SDI Cat C... I know, I know..... :)

Just to warn you all, I got given this car today by the Headmaster owner who dumped it with me after purchasing a 5 Series.... I do have a penchant for turning crap into cash.... It owes me a £3 Experian check, its done 96k with 15 stamps to 92k and a documented Cambelt at 93k in September 2018....  MOT to September..... 

More to follow....

How do you unearth these bargains! Won't need a wand to turn 3 quid into 300 surely........... (stick it on bumtree with no mention on cat c). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dealer said:

How do you unearth these bargains! Won't need a wand to turn 3 quid into 300 surely........... (stick it on bumtree with no mention on cat c). 

I couldn't and wouldn't do that..... Ethically wrong in every respect.

I'm thinking brutal video £490, but could be tempted to push it to £990 with a £300 minimum PX.... It's funny coz I bought a 2012 X5 X Drive 3.0 M Sport over the weekend and it should arrive tomorrow, but all I can think about is what I can do with the above banger......... funny old game

Edited by Arfur Dealy

3 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm thinking brutal video £490

I'm thinking a bargain AT ad at £1290 with cat C fully disclosed purely to break all records about return on investment. Is it 43000% return if you bought for £3 and sold for £1290?

6 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I'm thinking a bargain AT ad at £1290 with cat C fully disclosed purely to break all records about return on investment. Is it 43000% return if you bought for £3 and sold for £1290?

Really..... Nik it can't be worth that much ?..... Its battered, filthy with lots of character (faults). However, it's CAT C damage (minor) is still on the front, the Headmaster bought it back from his insurers....

There's only two other 1.7 SDI's available nationwide but I'm still gonna say "no way man" in my best stoned hippy voice. (previous life)

Edited by Arfur Dealy

10 minutes ago, boring dave said:

set fire to it and have a barbeque

1.9 diesel in one of them:huh:

are you tryin to kill someone:lol:

Its a 1.7...  1716cc SDI...

2 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

£690 minimum

And with the extra provenance, panache and history of the cat C I'll add another £600 to it for good measure. 

Give it a try £1290, let's see what happens.

41 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

And with the extra provenance, panache and history of the cat C I'll add another £600 to it for good measure. 

Give it a try £1290, let's see what happens.

I’ll give you £200 for the recent cambelt :)

Edited by SC Derby

I am thinking also £1290 vw derv nuts will go mad for that as it will return them a zillion miles to the gallon and drive forever.

sold a few over the years and there very easy to get through a mot as well for a derv quite a clean engine. 

Vw lupo cat c sdi battered around and filthy! Arfur just get rid £500 do you really want the shitter sitting around at £1295 because you want to be greedy? 

“It's funny coz I bought a 2012 X5 X Drive 3.0 M Sport over the weekend and it should arrive tomorrow, but all I can think about is what I can do with the above banger”

Dont take your eye off where the real money is!

5 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Dont take your eye off where the real money is!

Sometimes a CAT C VW can and will bring more money that the BMW X5 mentioned above. 

13 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Arfur just get rid £500 do you really want the shitter sitting around at £1295 because you want to be greedy? 

If we weren't greedy we'd all be doing something else Tony. 

If Arfur just wanted rid he'd just scrap it and still return his investment 30 fold. 

If you are going to sell (well retail really) a car you might as well try and get some money for it, otherwise you are just entering in a transaction that can come back and bite you and you are doing it for no money at all.

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Sometimes a CAT C VW can and will bring more money that the BMW X5 mentioned above. 

Absolutely. Will likely be less grief too!

Have a cat S PX Ford at the moment. I don’t like doing them on the whole, but the phone has gone mad for it. 

18 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Vw lupo cat c sdi battered around and filthy! Arfur just get rid £500 do you really want the shitter sitting around at £1295 because you want to be greedy? 

That’s what I’d value the heap of shit at. Brutal advert, sell as is, gone in a couple of days to someone who’s prepared to sign away their rights.

Just now, BHM said:

gone in a couple of days to someone who’s prepared to sign away their rights.

Spares or repairs you mean? If they trailer it away, sure. 

Because there isn't much else you can make them sign to give you any peace of mind these days...

P.S. Mark, I read one of your reviews about a lamp post warranty. I loved it, loved that you told them that, I'd never heard that expression before but it makes sense I guess. 

We’ve had two CAT D 7 seaters in last month in PEX

Touran and Mazda 5. Both sold quickly and without much fuss at all but I wasn’t greedy...both over 125,000 miles too 

27 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

If we weren't greedy we'd all be doing something else Tony. 

If Arfur just wanted rid he'd just scrap it and still return his investment 30 fold. 

If you are going to sell (well retail really) a car you might as well try and get some money for it, otherwise you are just entering in a transaction that can come back and bite you and you are doing it for no money at all.

We wouldn't bother with retailing for the right money and sit on it for a few months. I'm guessing arfur has already made a few quid hence it owes him £3. He might spend £3-400 getting it prepped then sitting around for some idiot to buy it. Don't forget if he turns it around quick he can concentrate on his x5 and other stock rather then wasting time on stock that might bite him in the ass if it goes wrong. £500 spares or repairs trailored away. B)

Arfur, those lupo have a following. Price it high. Some sad spotty geek will be creaming himself silly to lower it and stick some tiny wheels on it. 

The way I see it,the headmaster I assume has left it with AD expecting it to be scrapped.Then somehow he later finds out it is being sold by AD for a grand.I think that could have repercussions,school teachers are bad enough but a headmaster.He could  be contacting his lawyer mates to concoct some rediculous case and then there is the feed back.....Just block it I think unless he has said do what you like with it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, trade vet said:

The way I see it,the headmaster I assume has left it with AD expecting it to be scrapped.Then somehow he later finds out it is being sold by AD for a grand.I think that could have repercussions,school teachers are bad enough but a headmaster.He could  be contacting his lawyer mates to concoct some rediculous case and then there is the feed back.....Just block it I think unless he has said do what you like with it.

i totally agree with this,people are all smiles until they find you made an extra bob out of them,for the last 5 years whenever i get cars like these i tell the customers straight that it will be checked over to see if its retailable or scrapped and not to moan if they see it up for a grand,this way we all know where we stand and once explained ive never had a problem

no offence AD

Edited by boring dave

You buy the car in p/x, it’s yours to do whatever you want with it! 

If you want you can scrap it, if you want you can donate it, if you want you can sell it for over a grand! 

I used to worry about customers seeing their part exes advertised at a (much) higher price but they don’t see the many hours of work and the hundreds of £ spent to do stuff they should’ve done but skimped! 

Take as much money out of that car as you can with not a lot of work. 

• Like 2