andymc1973

How’s January started out?

12 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Can I be Bill Murray and just start again?

After a cracking 2018 I started the year with high hopes to ride out the Brexshit worries, improve marketing, make both sites more visibly appealing, cut costs, improve service, quicker turnover without sacrificing profit, etc.

Ten days in and i've got engine failures (multiple), refunds (two counts as multiple), ECU failures/issues (multiple), gearbox failures (OK just the one, but it was bloody expensive to put right) and mould (multiplying at quite a rate although I think we have a grip on it now).

It's a rant. We all get times like it, but right at the start of a new year just isn't fair...it's really made a dent in my new years resolution to drink less and exercise more.

Sorry to hear that Grant.  It happens from time to time as you know and we very quickly forget all the cars we sold with no issues.  The doom always come en-mass- especially when you're quiet. You're due some good luck now.

What were the cars with grief and refunds out of interest?

Ticking over here still with another sold yesterday.

Just had to take an X5 M-sport back in, massive spec but 120k. Sales exec who is no longer with us valued it in writing last year for January at £10k so we have stood on.  No idea what book he was looking at but it ain’t trading at £10k....

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

What were the cars with grief and refunds out of interest?

Ticking over here still with another sold yesterday.

A couple of Zafiras with failed engines, one of each fuel. ECU on a Fabia and A4 Cab. In fairness they're all stock at the cheaper end and all a bit on the older side. Not unexpected, I usually have a couple a week needing surgery, but it was just a bit horrid that everything hit me straight away.

Anyway, enough moaning. We've been pretty busy on the selling side all through Christmas and into this first week so hopefully it continues.

my own fault .....................   in my haste to avoid entering Jan with stock to buy and paying January prices, I made some very wrong December purchase choices for stock and now find my stock profile is  very wrong.............................  I do know better, Only my self to blame

4 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Apart from the 66 plate  RS6 at Perry Barr VW/Audi Sale earlier in the week that was cap clean £59k and did £66k I wanted to buy. 

I think you were lucky. They're sticking around these days

44 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

my own fault .....................   in my haste to avoid entering Jan with stock to buy and paying January prices, I made some very wrong December purchase choices for stock and now find my stock profile is  very wrong.............................  I do know better, Only my self to blame

ditto

I only started back this Monday ..................

Workshop flat out and sold 1, definite Depo taken on another, picking up tomorrow morning, both over 7k :D

• Like 1

Two enquires this weekend, two customers turned up, two sales

easy as that isn’t it :blink:

Two enquires this weekend, two customers turned up, two sales

easy as that isn’t it :blink:

My year started on 1 Jan with a return. 

A cheapie Kia Picanto allegedly had a calliper seize 400 miles after the sale. I didn't even bother with inspecting it and having them wait 14 days for their money, offered £100 less than what they paid in early December and bought it back for £1000, paid them back straight away. Haven't even looked at it yet but after the calliper / pads are replaced it will go back on AT for £1450. 

So 1 bought back, 3 sold (all excellent margins, 2 on finance also) and only one in prep. Going on a buying spree tomorrow and I can't decide between BCA Bedford or Blackbushe

Surprisingly well, 4 so far (target of 8) including a 4.8i E70 X5 that was only in for 6 days....expected to be sat on that a while but the phone never stopped ringing. 

Just had 3 guys look round a 1 owner 07 525i m sport only to tell me the excessive steam from the tailpipe means the head has gone. Smiled, took the key and wished them well. NEXT 

Petrol is the new Gold in the used car market :-)

When punters talk to me about steam from the exhausts in the winter I always breathe out, point at the steam from my mouth and promise them that I'have not drank any oil that day. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dave828 said:

Surprisingly well, 4 so far (target of 8) including a 4.8i E70 X5 that was only in for 6 days....expected to be sat on that a while but the phone never stopped ringing. 

My old man had a 4.4 v8 in the previous model. 8 yrs old and 8 owners, i don’t think anyone (my Dad included) can live with their thirst.

28mpg out of an E70 3.0d is painful but I can’t imagine what that will be doing, perhaps a nice boomerang car.

Loads of time wasters this weekend. More than I’ve had over the past 6 months put together 

4 hours ago, SC Derby said:

Give me my edit button back :angry:

4 hours ago, SC Derby said:

Give me my edit button back :angry:

:lol:

On 13/01/2019 at 2:36 PM, CCC said:

My old man had a 4.4 v8 in the previous model. 8 yrs old and 8 owners, i don’t think anyone (my Dad included) can live with their thirst.

28mpg out of an E70 3.0d is painful but I can’t imagine what that will be doing, perhaps a nice boomerang car.

Mechanic we use had one for under a month...averaged 6.8 MPG!

I am ticking over and doing okay. Actually fractionally ahead of Jan 2018. Dont really feel that busy though.

6 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Mechanic we use had one for under a month...averaged 6.8 MPG!

Crazy, silly people.