Brunswick

Evans Halshaw do make me laugh...

Going through their other 25,000 listings, it is slightly concerning how much auction fodder they are retailing.

How many come backs are they anticipating ?!

It makes me wonder what words are flowing from the spotty 20 year old salesman's mouth to try and sell it?

Wow that's rough.. this makes me think about all the crap purchases I've bought at auction from Evans Halshaw, most recent one a Citroen C1 that needed an engine.

Yes never touch "pendragon" cars in the block proper shite. 

Whats the 1p for on the end of the price?!

25,000 cars is some going though

We will sort those few bits before you take delivery sir.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Yes never touch "pendragon" cars in the block proper shite. 

Whats the 1p for on the end of the price?!

25,000 cars is some going though

typically denotes how long it has been in stock and how far they can discount before they clear at auction

its had a failure for contaminated brake fluid but should be a headlamp alignment issue 

it also has front accident damage

looking at one picture maybe flood damage? the o/s front wheel has been replaced too

im out

its a shed

4 hours ago, twerp said:

Going through their other 25,000 listings, it is slightly concerning how much auction fodder they are retailing.

How many come backs are they anticipating ?!

Why be concerned,they haven’t changed in years,they just plough on and move metal regardless.They don’t care,they must get away with a lot.Its about increasing T/O and sales and hiring and firing staff. These PLC’s have top accountants and auditors to make it all look acceptable for the people who matter,which is the banks and the shareholders.

28 minutes ago, twerp said:

Concerned if it catches on and there is even less p/x coming through 

dont be

• Like 1

Just shows how much stock EH have coming through the door. Retailing 25k + cars yet still sending thousands a week through BCA. Must be coming from their buying service that guarantees to beat WBAC quotes?

2 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Just shows how much stock EH have coming through the door. Retailing 25k + cars yet still sending thousands a week through BCA. Must be coming from their buying service that guarantees to beat WBAC quotes?

just plough your own field keep your principles and standards and plcs come and go

• Like 2

Purchased a full retail price car from Evans Halshaw earlier this year.  Being under 3 years old and in warranty thought it would be OK.

Roof had been poorly painted, budget tyres, no spare key, no handbooks, no service history, no log book on collection so unable to tax until they managed to get a scan sent over.

Apparently if these items are not mentioned in the advert consider getting them a bonus (they put that in writing).

With their buying service and PX’s they seem to advertise the cars before putting them through workshop to check they are fit for retail. 

8 minutes ago, Contracts said:

Purchased a full retail price car from Evans Halshaw earlier this year.  Being under 3 years old and in warranty thought it would be OK.

Roof had been poorly painted, budget tyres, no spare key, no handbooks, no service history, no log book on collection so unable to tax until they managed to get a scan sent over.

Apparently if these items are not mentioned in the advert consider getting them a bonus (they put that in writing).

Must have been really cheap if you went ahead...get what you pay for.

Brought over the phone, credit card deposit, sent plate driver.  

To be fair it was the cheapest in the country by a long way but it was their attitude that sucked.

Their staff cannot differentiate 'retail ready" from 'trade' imo

I have often called them regarding cars advertised on Autotrader, rarely have any service history, paintwork repairs always required. (many visible from the photos)

They constantly monitor their prices on Autotrader so as to always be the cheapest. I have seen one car go through 2 price drops over a short period. Then waited a few more weeks till it dropped again and I bought it. 

Obviously it's working for them.

5 hours ago, iJCS1 said:

Some old chap with grand kids / new family think it's the bargain of the century & from a main dealer it's got to be a decent car!....

What's funny is independent car dealers get bad names & called all sorts well as main dealers are perfect and offer quality cars... 

I bet it stinks of kid puke and stale milk.

On 31/12/2018 at 7:09 PM, Scooby who said:

Their staff cannot differentiate 'retail ready" from 'trade' imo

I have often called them regarding cars advertised on Autotrader, rarely have any service history, paintwork repairs always required. (many visible from the photos)

They constantly monitor their prices on Autotrader so as to always be the cheapest. I have seen one car go through 2 price drops over a short period. Then waited a few more weeks till it dropped again and I bought it. 

I really wonder if it is working , new name coming soon :rolleyes:

On 29/12/2018 at 3:57 PM, Brunswick said:

Just a quick one for you folks, I stumbled across this little minter at my local EH advertised on Ebay.  Enjoy!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Zafira-1-7-CDTi-ecoFLEX-Exclusiv-110-5dr/143061120406

£495 max bid at a local auction :rolleyes:

What a pile of shite that is 

6 hours ago, David Horgan said:

£495 max bid at a local auction :rolleyes:

What a pile of shite that is 

What auctions are you attending? That would still fetch over cap clean here :lol: