Sign in to follow this  
Blenheim Car Sales

Christmas plans everyone

are you shutting up shop from some point in December back in new year  fully recharged 

Or are you full steam ahead open as usual (sleep is for wimps) and hope to get sales because you are open

Myself i plan on buying all my Jan stock required in December closing on 14th December then relax and will be on a beach a week before Christmas in canaries fully beer`d up from a wristband that has magical powers for free refills, Back on the 2nd

Shut the Christmas week but various people get phones diverted to them.  

Last year was quite busy for us for some reason

I live in east london, christmas is a minority religious festival? I will probably have a roast dinner on christmas day but other than that its business as usual? 

More importantly i'm not very excited at the prospect of 10 days away on a lonely 'rat fucked' spanish beach!

Edited by met

No plans, play it by ear. Adverts will remain live and if someone is keen to buy i’ll show them the car, if they’re “looking at cars” i’ll let them carry on looking. 

• Like 1

Closed 24th, 25th & 26th.

Sunday man on/ doing Sunday hours/ by appointment 27th to 31st  but phones and emails as usual the whole time, as can sometimes be some business about.

Edited by NOACROSS

Going away to Bulgaria on 17 Dec (hopefully will get lucky with good snow for some skiing before Xmas), then back here on 27 Dec and working in the week between Christmas and New Year. If I can sell a few cars while everyone else is closed would be a nice kick start to the new year. Last December I sold 3 cars on the 29th. 

Shut down Friday 21st to back on Mon 7th, family up, but will be doing some time in workshop, floor and walls painting, and hopefully also finishing the Merc Project

2 hours ago, EPV said:

No plans, play it by ear. Adverts will remain live and if someone is keen to buy i’ll show them the car, if they’re “looking at cars” i’ll let them carry on looking. 

This. Apart from Christmas Day. Even then if someone is coming to buy, I'll do it.

20 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

This. Apart from Christmas Day. Even then if someone is coming to buy, I'll do it.

Same here, phone will be on and calls / appointments will be taken.

Off to Florida from 12th December back 6th January bit of a tradition now spending new year in Miami. 

Plenty of time to work but not so much time to chil out so do enjoy this break, seen far to many old school traders drop down latley either very ill or kick the bucket having done nothing with there lives other than stand in smelly auctions halls.

3 hours ago, met said:

I live in east london, christmas is a minority religious festival? I will probably have a roast dinner on christmas day but other than that its business as usual? 

More importantly i'm not very excited at the prospect of 10 days away on a lonely 'rat fucked' spanish beach!

Christmas,‘ minority religious festival’....can you imagine a Brexiteer politician saying that.There would be a media outcry about racism.I could imagine Trump saying that in an election campaign when comparing London and put on millions of votes.

27 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Off to Florida from 12th December back 6th January bit of a tradition now spending new year in Miami.

You going to grow the big tash and Hasselhoff style mop for the occasion - or are you done with the Magnum impressions now - more Don Johnson for Miami (you’d probably we Donna Johnson though, just to confuse us)

Like every week now, I shall be open 8.30 to 5.30 working week, bank holidays and weekends by appointment.

32 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

You going to grow the big tash and Hasselhoff style mop for the occasion - or are you done with the Magnum impressions now - more Don Johnson for Miami (you’d probably we Donna Johnson though, just to confuse us)

Like every week now, I shall be open 8.30 to 5.30 working week, bank holidays and weekends by appointment.

You think your confused you should see the dilemma i get into trying to decide what to wear on a night out ! 

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Christmas,‘ minority religious festival’....can you imagine a Brexiteer politician saying that.There would be a media outcry about racism.I could imagine Trump saying that in an election campaign when comparing London and put on millions of votes.

Its a fact. Not that I'm religious, around these parts every day is a festival of something or other. But, I can treat Christmas day just like any other, and so do most of my potential customers. :D

3 hours ago, justina3 said:

Plenty of time to work but not so much time to chil out so do enjoy this break, seen far to many old school traders drop down latley either very ill or kick the bucket having done nothing with there lives other than stand in smelly auctions halls.

Sounds awesome, how old are you Justin, I'd love to do this but with 3 kids its a definite no. 

1 minute ago, Dealer said:

Sounds awesome, how old are you Justin, I'd love to do this but with 3 kids its a definite no. 

How old are you Dealer?  I am 45 in December and was divorced with 2 kids at 24.  Life is great now (tough as a young dad/limited cash) but now I gloat at my friends who did things in a more traditional manner - live first, then marry, then kids.

My kids came to live with me in their teens (both moved on now).  You think the motor trade is tough :D

42 very soon, kids 15, 11 and 5! I'd love to be able to take 4 or 5 holidays a year but with term times and kids in comp it's a no go. 

1 hour ago, Dealer said:

The scary age of 49 I am a big believer in looking after myself I can’t avoid stress in my work life so ensure I have sufficient down time to recharge. 

Life is way to short and money is no use to me in a big brown box. 

• Like 1

As the great Ben Hogan said, "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round".

To be fair that's not a philosophy I've followed over the years but I'm trying to now, within reason. Otherwise, what's the point?

1 hour ago, Dealer said:

42 very soon, kids 15, 11 and 5! I'd love to be able to take 4 or 5 holidays a year but with term times and kids in comp it's a no go. 

At least you’ve had sex at least one more time than me 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark101 said:

At least you’ve had sex at least one more time than me 

Chuckle

always sell a couple between xmas and new year, open 27th to 30th, but 10 till 4.

On 18/11/2018 at 11:46 AM, Nick M.K. said:

Going away to Bulgaria on 17 Dec (hopefully will get lucky with good snow for some skiing before Xmas), then back here on 27 Dec and working in the week between Christmas and New Year. If I can sell a few cars while everyone else is closed would be a nice kick start to the new year. Last December I sold 3 cars on the 29th. 

sorry for the thread derail, Nick do you buy the BMW electric vehicles? Couple in Manheim up my way