nice wine.....................wifes gone to bed zig zagging:lol:

• Like 1

A text is my reward lol

Hi Marc. That's me back. The car was great, no problems. Thanks again. Stewart 

9 hours ago, boring dave said:

i box of dairy lee chocolates ,nice aftewr being in the fridge

Were they a bit cheesy?

I have never had a bottle of anything. 
One 60 year old man bought a Corsa VXR off us, gave us a box of celebrations and then turned into a customer from hell when he got his ruler out measuring panel gaps.
Once got a £20 cash tip off someone.

Never even had so much as a thank you card. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Never even had so much as a thank you card. 

Every "Thank you" card I've received has ended up costing me £200-£300 in goodwill repairs. I dread receiving the next one. 

Edited by Nick M.K.
  • Like 1

Do get lots of bottles , chocolates and 'thank you cards' ! #nice One customer every year at Christmas without fail brings in couple of bottles and bag's ( yes bags's) of chocolates/biscuits, sweets ....#ravingfans I call them.

• Like 1

Get the odd card/ letter/ bottle of wine occasionally- mostly from oldies.  

This is my theory about 'loyalty' nowadays, in that it's becoming a rare thing as the internet generation grows older and the nice return punter/old lady/ polite proper person etc dies off.

Trying to get the kids to even send a 'thank-you text' to relatives at Xmas and birthdays was like getting them to unload the dishwasher. Effort.

Edited by NOACROSS

F**k me, what are you guys doing to get bought bottles of wine and thank you cards? And how long are you spending with them?

Never had anything off a punter myself bar their money which suits me fine, it's a business not a social club. If they turn up without being full of buyers remorse and don't phone on Monday morning with an EML on then that's a job well done in my book!

• Like 1

under 25 you wont get naf all [age we are talking] i try to avoid that age range anyway

25 up to 40 if they've had proper shitters all there life they will appreciate it if you've sold them a good car, and will text after a week, "just to let you know the cars great, thankyou for your help" was a recent one, and they will recommend you, now to me, thats better than a drink, because i dont have to spend on advertising, i don't have to discount to compete, and the sale is a lot easier and more relaxed,ie, i am not looking at folded arms ;).

i very rarely drink so sell the bottles on anyway :lol:.

40+ if you look after them they will return, and buy again, the sensible ones if they have a problem, and you sort it for them, and charge them, they will pay you more than asked, because, you've given service, you've removed worry, and they've got faith in you.

and that's very similar to a bottle or a box of chocs :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

under 25 you wont get naf all [age we are talking] i try to avoid that age range anyway

25 up to 40 if they've had proper shitters all there life they will appreciate it if you've sold them a good car, and will text after a week, "just to let you know the cars great, thankyou for your help" was a recent one, and they will recommend you, now to me, thats better than a drink, because i dont have to spend on advertising, i don't have to discount to compete, and the sale is a lot easier and more relaxed,ie, i am not looking at folded arms ;).

i very rarely drink so sell the bottles on anyway :lol:.

40+ if you look after them they will return, and buy again, the sensible ones if they have a problem, and you sort it for them, and charge them, they will pay you more than asked, because, you've given service, you've removed worry, and they've got faith in you.

and that's very similar to a bottle or a box of chocs :)

Sold a car to a guy that runs a local tatoo studio. I didn't want to take that bullet!

Someone gave me a £20 drink once. Which was nice. Frankly i’d rather they bought a car from me and I never saw them again :lol:

Physically, I’ve never had so much as a bean. I have however had a few phone calls thanking me for the car, generally from people 70yrs+, sometimes the same day when back home, some a week later & one 6 weeks later.

I’d rather they didn’t bother - when their phone no. pops up on my phone I dread answering it!

20 minutes ago, BHM said:

I’d rather they didn’t bother - when their phone no. pops up on my phone I dread answering it!

I had just collected the rejected Meriva (see other post) and it is soooo quiet here, not getting on with my Landlord (we've agreed to part ways) and then I get this text (saved in my phone as Smart) - My heart sinks, sold a Smart car over 10 weeks ago, what now..... (and I quote):

Update on the Smart Car.

It's just bloody perfect!

Thanks

Steve

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I had just collected the rejected Meriva (see other post) and it is soooo quiet here, not getting on with my Landlord (we've agreed to part ways) and then I get this text (saved in my phone as Smart) - My heart sinks, sold a Smart car over 10 weeks ago, what now..... (and I quote):

Update on the Smart Car.

It's just bloody perfect!

Thanks

Steve

It’s great when you get positive feedback:) what’s the issue with your landlord? 

11 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

It’s great when you get positive feedback:) what’s the issue with your landlord? 

I will call you when you’re back from holiday Simon and tell you.

That was what I was calling you about yesterday ;) 

I'm back, been very busy. I was at Bristol Manheim, managed to buy 10 over the last few days. Prices always drop 2nd week into September as the PX influx hits the auctions....

6 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm back, been very busy. I was at Bristol Manheim, managed to buy 10 over the last few days. Prices always drop 2nd week into September as the PX influx hits the auctions....

I agree. 

Have noticed the prices have been slightly more ‘sensible’ this week. Do you get them delivered Simon? 

its thursday again so i will start

£4 tip get yourself a pint

a fiat radio late model the customer has had a parrot fitted so thought i could make better use of the original ice,i personally would rather listen to a radio than a parrot squeaking but hey ho

i looked in the bin at the dairy lee cheesy chocolates and it said dairy box:lol:

On 11/09/2018 at 8:37 PM, EPV said:

On the back of a combine aaaarverster 

5 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Oooo aaarrr ooo aaarrr

Wers me tractor...

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Wers me tractor...

I'll only be showin theee my tractoorr if thee sends me a deposit, simples.. :) TGIF (almost), thirsty Thursday will do