Sign in to follow this  
Marc

Famous previous owner

I spend half my life searching for cars.. Spotted a car So I Phone up.. Girl answers ,usual questions etc etc.. Get address put it in Google maps and set off.

Approaching the address I'm thinking bloody hell this is like millionaires row and I'm in this 59 plate Ford ka wheel trims scuffed to fk. Park the wee banger out of sight. 

Walk round and chap the door and out pops the young lady, do whatever I have to do and tell her the car has few faults but I'm interested and would like a test drive.  See her dad tidying garage say hi get a hi back but clearly not wanting involved

She was a nice young lady and got a bit of rapore going,mention to her that the dads usually do the selling when it comes to cars.. Shes like oh he takes nothing to with anything you know why don't you. It's because of Andy, I'm in dunblane and the penny drops -Andy Murray is like ronaldo up here. So your Andy Murray's sister? Well yes half sister, not quite the famous previous owner on v5 but close! 

The car is nice, bid her 500 below her pretty reasonable asking price ,she refused but said she's only got few days to sell and will contact me if the car doesn't go

Hoping like fk she'll call me!! 

Edited by Marc

A flashy solicitor friend of mine once bought David beckhams Lamborghini he only found out as he was nosey who the first owner was, showed a limited company on the log book limited company traced back to the beckhams. 

Not famous but prominent.A few months ago I was asked to sell a friends Yaris.He is a front bencher in the Lords.Its one owner 05 100k,loads of history,good driver and a few months ticket.A main dealer had valued it at £200 without bothering to look at it.I thought it would tidy up and do £800-£1000,one titled owner and all that.....Wrong again,too risky our guys traded it on and he got £300 back.How things have changed CRA and all that.

i usually find one owner owned by a celeb turns out to be a dog (not unless you count something that jimmy saville once owned)

also one owned long time on private plates turns out to be a double dog

you dont get the big house by worrying about little things like services

Bought a rover 216 coupe that was given to Prince Charles from Rover, he used it for a year or so ( well, it was in his garage anyway).  Had some provenance to prove, but it was registered to Rover so he was never on the logbook :-)

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

Not famous but prominent.A few months ago I was asked to sell a friends Yaris.He is a front bencher in the Lords.Its one owner 05 100k,loads of history,good driver and a few months ticket.A main dealer had valued it at £200 without bothering to look at it.I thought it would tidy up and do £800-£1000,one titled owner and all that.....Wrong again,too risky our guys traded it on and he got £300 back.How things have changed CRA and all that.

Too risky to sell a Toyota Yaris? They’re usually bullet proof. I think you missed out out on that one.

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

That was worth your price regardless of titled owner or not.

32 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

Sir Alfred McAlpine liked his tranny vans.....

So did that prolific Dutch footballer. Hertz Van-rental

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

So did that prolific Dutch footballer. Hertz Van-rental

ERAC was royalty in some circles,,, but Lord MOTAB just stank of piss

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dealer said:

Currently in stock i have a vehicle who's last keeper was this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dannatt

Never heard of him myself but when i saw Sir on the v5 i thought I'd look him up, previously head of the army and now a member of the house of Lords. 

wheres the car now? have you bunged it in the corner?

We sold a car to a guy who was the frontman for a heavy rock band that had a BIG surprise number one hit in the UK and Europe. Such a lovely humble bloke. We had no bloody idea who he was but he showed us his Vevo video on Youtube (not in an arrogant way, I usually ask what people do for a living, and he was clearly very proud/amazed that he'd ended up in his position). 

He really was one of the nicest guys we've dealt...horrible music but X millions can't be wrong I guess.

...car was a f**king nightmare post sale. Pretty sure he dumped it and went straight to main dealer after his experience of used. 

Once had an old Peugeot 306 that had belonged to Philippe Albert during his time at Newcastle United. To be fair it was a bit of a shitheap.

1 hour ago, boring dave said:

wheres the car now? have you bunged it in the corner?

Gone for an engine mount due to excessive vibration running through the car and to investigate a lack of power at 70mph plus, which I've found out today is the turbo........ Hmmm..... Wonder why he got rid of it. 

42 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Once had an old Peugeot 306 that had belonged to Philippe Albert during his time at Newcastle United. To be fair it was a bit of a shitheap.

Weren’t they a heap of shit when new?

7 hours ago, Stalker said:

Inbetweeners reference.:lol:

Freinds, friends, fucking football friend 

• Like 1

Working for a vehicle management company we handle the acquisition and disposal of vehicles for quite a few celebrity clients and come resale buyers often get a little carried away if they find out the car they are looking at has celebrity connections. 

As mentioned in the thread above, quite a few celebrity owners don’t look after their cars that well or in the cars registered to ourselves have much appreciation of traffic laws.

On 30/08/2018 at 10:47 PM, BHM said:

Weren’t they a heap of shit when new?

Albert in a 306.I think he was 6’4”.It must have been his gardeners or something,I would see him in his new 500SL....nowt wrong with 306s by the way,we sold hundreds of them,mostly ex Police patrol cars.

1 hour ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Harry rednapps dog owned my old Ferrari....

Ha Ha....I could believe that,do you remember he had that overseas bank account in his dogs  name which he had forgotten about,I think it had £1m in it .He got away with it,I think HMRC cocked up the prosecution.

A 1978 308 that Chris Evans gave away on a TV show, original owner was a Mr Khashoggi, Sold it 10 years ago with 32,000 on it, that was a stupid move for sure.