Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

world cup and heat wave trade - dead?

how is everyone doing? managed 14 last month, but havent sold a car in 16 days unitil today over the phone! phone has been dead. never expected this much of  slump! might just be a complete coincidence?

july and august has always been quiet i have said for the last 20 years i should just shut up shop but we are always looking for a deal so i  sit here watching the tumbleweed flow by

Same here Grant, last few weeks although still selling cars,absolute sh-te.(southport)we stock about 40-50 low miles,2 to 10 year old pippins.  

Wait until the kids go on summer holidays that always kills me. 

We’ve done five so far, so could be worse. Phone and virtual enquiries are pretty non existent though 

I wish some of the idiots in the auction off watching football, I am fed up to the back teeth of listening to the bullshit random rant i know but its been one of them days.

Picked up a Fiesta we won the weekend no heaters no front electric windows, gutted when we drove back only to find out two 30amp fuses both missing not blown missing ! go figure replaced the fuses and everything works just fine.

Just now, SC Derby said:

Grant, is there just two cars for sale on your website? 

yes, website being recoded from the back end today. Security issues as well as getting ready to integrate finance applications approved online.

Fair enough. 

We've seem dip at similar time. Luckily we were flying until last week of June so no undue damage and it seems to be picking up again in last couple of days.

seen* similar dip sorry

This is good to know, being internet based only, we only have one crack of the whipp. i literally cannot wait until we can start charging full reatil on a forecourt and not have to worry about being the cheapest just to get the phone ringing!

8 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

This is good to know, being internet based only, we only have one crack of the whipp. i literally cannot wait until we can start charging full reatil on a forecourt and not have to worry about being the cheapest just to get the phone ringing!

Carefull what you wish for........don’t think you that you will be able to compete with franchised dealer prices.Overpricing by newcomers on pitches has been the downfall of many.....take note.

9 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Carefull what you wish for........don’t think you that you will be able to compete with franchised dealer prices.Overpricing by newcomers on pitches has been the downfall of many.....take note.

customer service

everything mint clean

and dont forget the balloons on opening day

40 minutes ago, trade vet said:

we are not in direct comparision with direct dealers, so no problem there, but the garages close by charge over full retail for dog awful looking stuff.

You’ll pick up some more business but it’s not usually a great uplift. However, we have had some good ‘honeymoon’ periods when taking on sites. 

We’re a main road site and rarely get many walk-ons as I’ve said before. It is mostly internet, emails, prior phone calls etc. and 9 time out of ten I know when someone is coming. 

I think it helps if you’ve got a site to add ‘some’ credibility, but I’m not sure it’s as important as it once was. And you’ve got that rates bill and other costs to make up for. 

Good luck with it though mate. It’s still something I’m proud to have and I’m sure you’ll do OK. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grantlfc81 said:

we are not in direct comparision with direct dealers, so no problem there, but the garages close by charge over full retail for dog awful looking stuff.

Are they selling them though. Are they knocking £500 off for a deal. What are they buying them for?

Good margin, quick margin and I am trying to focus on what the cars daily profit worked out at trying to keep that number up quite high aswell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Fair enough Grant.......can you disclose the names of some of these pitches closeby to see if we can find out how they do.If they do well that could be good news for you.Moving pitch can be an anxious time,it will not be straight forward.

Its an absolute rollercoaster at the moment, no consistency. Only sold 2 so far this month, but bought 5 today and a three last week in prep. 

4 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

i literally cannot wait until we can start charging full reatil on a forecourt and not have to worry about being the cheapest just to get the phone ringing!

Getting a forecourt and charging more and two different things.

Most people that see your stock online will not know that you have a forecourt and the locals walking past the forecourt will price-compare on their phones. 

Why not increase some of your current prices (especially on something sold) and measure difference in response?

we've got brexit, we've got diesel fright, we've got summer holidays oh and probably a new prime minister by thursday, course its dead :wacko:

make sure your cars well prepared, keenly priced, and ready to go, oh, and pdi, because we dont want it "coming home, its coming home ":P 

Edited by have a word with the wife
  • Like 1

Brexit has been voted in by the most ignorant racist people of the land, the ignorant benefit culture. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Brexit has been voted in by the most ignorant racist people of the land, the ignorant benefit culture. 

i voted brexit

i want brexit

i always had you down for more intelligence than a stupid answer like that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chief nut job said:

i voted brexit

i want brexit

Don’t patronise me: 

16 minutes ago, chief nut job said:

i voted brexit

i want brexit

I voted no to brexit 

I dont want brexit

I thought you had more intelligence than a stupid answer likem that.

26 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Out means out, or at least I thought it did! We have a trade deficit (i.e. we consume more in goods than we sell their way) so we should have the whip hand against the E.U. but these pillocks couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. Mainly Germany but also France SHOULD be quaking in their boots about our tariffs on their goods but they must be laughing at us and we’ll no doubt be paying a divorce bill as well as honouring our financial commitments to E.U. projects - it’s a disgrace. The rot set in early in negotiations when we made the first move, confirmed there would be no forced repatriation & that people weren’t up for negotiation - a sop to soft lefties & liberals. Sorry but EVERYTHING should of been up for negotiation. 

6 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

how is everyone doing? managed 14 last month, but havent sold a car in 16 days unitil today over the phone! phone has been dead. never expected this much of  slump! might just be a complete coincidence?

Back on topic :lol: Dead here, no emails, only three phone calls & the last sale a fortnight ago. It’s (almost) spooky because it’s as though all forms of communication have been lost. Everyone I’ve spoken too is dead & even the main dealers are absolutely dead - all people are interested in is cheap beer from the supermarket. School holidays in a fortnight, consumer credit maxed out, more Brexit worries - let’s hope it picks up soon :lol: