Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

07 Fiat Bravo 1.9 Multijet - Difficult to get into reverse

Hi guys, the owner of this Italian gem has had it 5 years wants to just dump it with me and take his new car away (paid upfront) no problem I say ..... He says the only issue with it is that its getting really difficult to get into reverse.... I've Googled it and it seems common...possibly just an adjustment ?? Has anyone got any magic ideas or cures  :)  

Hi Arfur

Can you get reverse ok when the engine is not running?

Linkage/Selector turrets used to seize on Vauxhall’s with the same engine in. 

Either crush it or if it’s got plenty of ticket sling the c*** on ebay for £400 (with no mention of MOT - everyone checks online nowadays). Personally I wouldn’t bother opening the bonnet except to photo it for advertisement.

Spares or repair, drives ok, reverse sometimes stiff to engage. No warranty given or implied. No emails, no texts, phone calls only, buyer will sign to say they’ve been instructed to trailer away from premises.

Hi Simon

I sense that you are someone who values your time and so I would say that i it owes you nothing, just send it for scrap. i'd rather have £100 and no hassle than deal with the inevitable trawl of w*****s who will harass you for a 'bargain' because they havent bothered to read the description.

Having said that, BHM, I do like your spares or repairs description!

Brutally honest eBay advert, with that particular engine in you will get decent money for it even with fault.

Your right, it owes me nothing :) it should be arriving later today so I'll give an update later. There's £££'s in the bangers ....  !!

14 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Brutally honest eBay advert, with that particular engine in you will get decent money for it even with fault.

Yep, there are plenty of punters for a heap of shit and if your advert is savage you won’t deal with any tossers. You'd be surprised what some people think is acceptable, struggling to find a gear is of little consequence to a small minority. The last car I offered was a diesel Citroen with a few lights on the dashboard & the brakes were in tatters. The buyer was chuffed to bits as he drove, sorry I mean trailered, away from my premises with his SorR invoice in his hand. He even phoned me two hours later to thank me for it!!!

My SorR adverts are that brutal even the w*****s rarely phone me, just the men with pound notes in their pocket. 

Go for it Arfur, and don’t bother with a video, a handful of photos is enough.

Couldn't agree more BHM and it will likely be gone in under 24 hours.

Last one I had was a Corsa at £250, owed me £50, rusty as owt but decent spec, didn't run right. some guy from manchester bought it blind and sent a truck down. £200 for 2 minutes work.

Guys, its arrived "project Bravo"...... I'll post up a video showing you its condition....

'Chuck a clutch on it' 

If it's not that, you could probably source an Astra / Vetra box for it for nothing 

A clutch is £65, my mechanic is pretty sure it'll solve the issue.. Advertising it with a new clutch just fitted plus a fresh MOT & service will be a great selling point... It owes me £25 for a set of wheel trims so far :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

It owes me £25 for a set of wheel trims so far :D

You're generous...only joking! I learnt a long time ago how crap those £12.99 ones are.

9 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

You're generous...only joking! I learnt a long time ago how crap those £12.99 ones are.

Halford's...so I've been robbed already :) One cracked on application.......

I would bang that in the auction local to us and probably get £250 back for it.

#nofutherdramas

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Halford's...so I've been robbed already :) One cracked on application.......

Don’t waste any more £££ on it, my I guess is it’s also due a timing belt & pump (Vectras are 100K with the same engine). Looking at the state of it do you honestly think it’s been looked after!?!! Missing towing eye cover & all!!:lol:

I sell some shit but there’s no way I’d stand on that knacker. SorR on fleabay is still my honest opinion.

"Drives well"

You mean you got in that? The only thing that would be going in that heap would be a cement mixer and wheelbarrow  

2 minutes ago, BHM said:

Don’t waste any more £££ on it, my I guess is it’s also due a timing belt & pump (Vectras are 100K with the same engine). Looking at the state of it do you honestly think it’s been looked after!?!! Missing towing eye cover & all!!:lol:

I sell some shit but there’s no way I’d stand on that knacker. SorR on fleabay is still my honest opinion.

BHM, I'd rather sell it to someone who'll appreciate a cheap prepped up car than an eBay webbed footed mud plugger. GB sticke in the post, last owner for 5 years, been used to ferry the kids, lots of service history with a belt change. Last MOT no advisories. Wait til you see the finished video...... 

BTW, this car is the result of a PX on a PX on a PX on a PX....... I wonder if there will be another... 

Jesus...how do people get their cars so filthy?!
I'll never understand how people abuse their cars so much.

On 07/06/2018 at 7:27 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

BHM, I'd rather sell it to someone who'll appreciate a cheap prepped up car than an eBay webbed footed mud plugger. GB sticke in the post, last owner for 5 years, been used to ferry the kids, lots of service history with a belt change. Last MOT no advisories. Wait til you see the finished video...... 

BTW, this car is the result of a PX on a PX on a PX on a PX....... I wonder if there will be another... 

No rips or damage, it will clean up. Even that drivers seat that looks like a horse has sneezed on it.

Looks like kids have kicked the shit out of it. Not that it matters, but I wonder why the kiddie seat was fitted behind the driver?

15 minutes ago, met said:

No rips or damage, it will clean up. Even that drivers seat that looks like a horse has sneezed on it.

Looks like kids have kicked the shit out of it. Not that it matters, but I wonder why the kiddie seat was fitted behind the driver?

It had two baby seats in the back, new baby on the way so needed a seven seater

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

It had two baby seats in the back, new baby on the way so needed a seven seater

Oh right, ok