Sign in to follow this  
Boydy1985

Range Rover Advice

Hi everyone,

I sold a Range Rover Sport around 2 months ago and the customer has done approx 2400k miles, It was sold with 95k on the clock.

It had a full Land Rover history including belt 30k Ago, The customer rang me to say that it had just stopped, He got it recovered at a cost of £250 even though we had recovery on his warranty policy (Which he void by telling them he had it on his insurance) which we paid to calm down the situation.

After stripping the 2.7 Back we have noticed that the tensioner has broken off the oil pump and engine is wreaked! Where do i stand? I have a massive bill of around 4k which i know i am going to have to suck up but surely that is a wear and tear fault and he couldn't ask for a refund??

16 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Refund

Minus 45 per mile

Agreed.  Less hassle, repair it yourself and sell it on or suck up the loss and throw it through auction.

In that circumstance I try to get the customer into another one of my motors, less a decent discount as a gesture of goodwill.  Keeps the customer happy and hopefully they return to buy again in the future.

I steer clear of these and discos because of these types of situations, simply not worth the hassle. It's an 11 year old bus thats awfully expensive to repair even small things on. Frightens the crap out of me if im honest 

4 minutes ago, Dealer said:

I steer clear of these and discos because of these types of situations, simply not worth the hassle. It's an 11 year old bus thats awfully expensive to repair even small things on. Frightens the crap out of me if im honest 

Yup and when most warranty companies want 40% extra to put them on cover it says it all really!

15 minutes ago, Dealer said:

In a moment of madness I took a 10 plate disco in. To be fair it was a proper thing and the guy is made up with it, but the money from the sale sat in a separate account for a good month or so. 

I imagine if you deal in this tackle then you have to be all in and then it simply becomes a numbers game.

I love Rangies, I own a supercharged 2011 RR with every optional extra on and its just a dream to drive but selling 12-15 year old Rangies would give me the horrors. I’d want £3k in it and would be paying through the nose for a third party 6 month warranty. They’re an enigma, like Alfas, can and do go wrong a lot but people love em. 

• Like 1

For all you aspiring Range Rover drivers out there 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dealer said:

For all you aspiring Range Rover drivers out there 

1 hour ago, met said:

So true.. Money pits

I've owned 10 Landy's RR Sport, Vogue, Disco  

They are sublime to drive when they are working, nothing comes close in terms of "how they make you feel" but again, when they work

I have given up on the brand our local dealer are a nightmare how they still going baffles me, jumped ship a few years back to Audi Q7  liked the truck so much ordered myself a  Vorsprung edition 

Yup. Agree. High up on the  ‘Cars Not to Buy’ list for me. 

It could be argued that the fault was not there st the point of sale.

The first one was as funny as cancer.

I switched off the yank after 1 minute & 50 seconds. Just another boring c**t that the internet has empowered.

6 hours ago, tradex said:

:D.....I've always wondered if Rangies come with slicks from the factory.....99% of the these money pits do around here.

Ironically, it's the tyres that make these things perform. Giving a large 4x4 vehicle off road ability is easy, whereas making it go fast on tarmac is hard. Same with Porsche Cayanne, the magic is in the tyres?