Sign in to follow this  
Mojo121

Snow Day

We’re a small independent and with no auctions to attend and little chance of a walk on im about to pop out to get some eggs & bacon!

Anyone else staying in bed today?

As I'm only ten minutes from BCA  Blackbushe I'm hoping it's just me wandering around up there today.

Bet it's madder than ever as everyone second guesses that everyone else can't be arsed and makes a superhuman effort themselves to get there....

Bacon sarnie it is then !

27 minutes ago, Anglo9 said:

As I'm only ten minutes from BCA  Blackbushe I'm hoping it's just me wandering around up there today.

Bet it's madder than ever as everyone second guesses that everyone else can't be arsed and makes a superhuman effort themselves to get there....

Bacon sarnie it is then !

Have they still got that Gurkha on the gate who won’t let you in until the stroke of 9 o clock....prices will probably be through the roof .......trader mentality !

Funny that, I’m just wondering whether or not it’s worth the bother trying to get to Washington & Birtley.

I confess to the “I’ll nick a few” mentality but it dawned on me that the bar-stewards will run them up anyway - there’s no reward for loyalty nowadays.

1 hour ago, Anglo9 said:

Typically everyone overcompensates with heroic online bidding.

Got shedloads of paperwork to catch up on. I'm expecting the usual mental walk ons to turn up in this weather

Sadly, as far as auctions are concerned, you are never alone with online bidders, real or imaginary?

As a 'side note' has anyone else noticed how, as if driving in the snow wasn't challenging enough, trying to spot 'speed bumps' makes it a really exciting game?

We are all waiting for the snow down here in Devon, we have a great big throbbing amber warning for snow tomorrow and Friday..... Luckily, I'm slowing down for a well earned 3 weeks in Phuket...... Can't wait :)

14 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

We are all waiting for the snow down here in Devon, we have a great big throbbing amber warning for snow tomorrow and Friday..... Luckily, I'm slowing down for a well earned 3 weeks in Phuket...... Can't wait :)

Waiting? My birds parents house is in Totnes, not far from you, and their dog has been rolling around in 2 inches of the stuff. has Exeter moved to the moon?

Edited by EPV

2 minutes ago, EPV said:

Waiting? My birds parents house is in Totnes, not far from you, and their dog has been rolling around in 2 inches of the stuff. has Exeter moved to the moon?

Exeter has had none. The wind direction is changing tomorrow with storm "Emma" arriving which is going to hit the cold air and take a great big dump on us...... We shall see.....

3 minutes ago, s and b said:

gone to work

absolutely no idea why 

all my cars are the same colour:lol:

You might be lucky it is the ‘in’ colour right now!

"Emma" arriving which is going to hit the cold air and take a great big dump on us.

You really don't want to be googling this

4 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

"Emma" arriving which is going to hit the cold air and take a great big dump on us.

You really don't want to be googling this

:lol:

I remember years ago similar snow levels in Bristol. Radio full of school closures and people not being able to get to work. So off to Manheim with the expectation of having the place to myself...No chance, every bugger who "couldn't" get to work thought they'd have a day at the car auctions and bring their kids with them. 

13 minutes ago, Darkbluecars said:

I remember years ago similar snow levels in Bristol. Radio full of school closures and people not being able to get to work. So off to Manheim with the expectation of having the place to myself...No chance, every bugger who "couldn't" get to work thought they'd have a day at the car auctions and bring their kids with them. 

You're never alone at the block, there's always internet bidders?

Well the weather hasn’t put people off the auctions around here this week. Prices still through the roof. When will it end!

What a nuts day today was lots of people off work due to weather and we get a rush 2 done and dusted and one refused a test drive who then got stroppy so booted his ass out the door. 

bring on more snow i say 

24 minutes ago, justina3 said:

What a nuts day today was lots of people off work due to weather and we get a rush 2 done and dusted and one refused a test drive who then got stroppy so booted his ass out the door. 

bring on more snow i say 

Out of curiosity, what was the story behind the stroppy one?

• Like 1

Young kid and i mean young looked at 12 came in with his young lady friend who also look about 12, spent a while walking around the lot then decided he wanted the 09 clio extreme nice car looked like a perfect fit his misses giving him the big thumbs up he then asked for a test drive i said no problem but one question you have past your test and have your licence with you he said yes i passed my test yesterday as it happens, hmm i replied the roads are not the best at the moment there is a lot of black ice around our way not much snow which in my mind is just as bad and as you have such little experience i wouldnt be able to let him test drive it so i suggested i took him and his young lady out for the drive.

To be told no way either i drive it so i can see what it can do or forget it, i kindly replied no worries forgot it already and off i trot for a coffee.

• Like 3

Yep they were out in force today...random day off from the office and the public just don't know what to do with themselves.

I had one out wandering the forecourt, looked half sensible so I ventured out to ask if she needed assistance even though it was pelting down the white stuff. Asked if we sell vans, we don't so, straight back to the office. Ten minutes later I head out to get some food and run errands and she's still there so I check again, nope, still doesn't want anything. 45 minutes later i'm back from my jaunt and she's still there...gotta be a buyer right? I triple check...nope. Wants a van just fancied a look around.

That's over an hour in -1 with snow coming down in jeans and a waterproof jacket, no gloves, no hat and no intention of buying anything. You do wonder sometimes...

28 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Yep they were out in force today...random day off from the office and the public just don't know what to do with themselves.

I had one out wandering the forecourt, looked half sensible so I ventured out to ask if she needed assistance even though it was pelting down the white stuff. Asked if we sell vans, we don't so, straight back to the office. Ten minutes later I head out to get some food and run errands and she's still there so I check again, nope, still doesn't want anything. 45 minutes later i'm back from my jaunt and she's still there...gotta be a buyer right? I triple check...nope. Wants a van just fancied a look around.

That's over an hour in -1 with snow coming down in jeans and a waterproof jacket, no gloves, no hat and no intention of buying anything. You do wonder sometimes...

I don’t think she needs a car, a fucking straight jacket more like. 

18 hours ago, grant8064 said:

might be casing the joint, make sure your balloons are tied down :lol:

24 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

might be casing the joint, make sure your balloons are tied down :lol:

If the buntings gone on Monday i'll know who to blame!