williamblackshaw

Whos made the swap from Autotrader to Motors then?

We too have now signed up to motors! Only been on it a week so far. No leads so far.

Hi Ken, William

Welcome to Motors, I am sure that you will see great value from our Network and we have some exciting news to announce next week also.

Please let me know your dealership names so that I can keep a watching brief on your performance.

Regards

Andy Coulthurst

The 'motors' rep phoned me recently to introduce himself and run through a few functions. What a nice polite guy! Was so much nicer than the rep from 'you know who' telling me how I'm running my business wrong and what I should be doing! Overpowering me and trying to screw even more money from me! Surely with the price going up again in the new year this must make people realise enough is enough and we are not working purely for their benefit!

Out of a sample of 20 deals done this month, a quarter have come from Motors, with the rest being a combination of (mostly) Autotrader and the rest eBay!

• Like 1

Out of interest Chris how many cars do you advertise on AT, I found that it was costing me on average £400 to £500 per sale in advertising costs with AT ie monthly advertising with AT £3500 and only 6 guaranteed sales from it, others said they saw on AT but also saw on motors e bay etc, so working on £1000 margin, give vat man £200 AT £500 that leaves £300 for prep etc so nothing left in pot, Since leaving AT we sell almost as many cars but the advertising spend per car is under £100 and because we are not competing to be on page 1 our margin has also crept up, and not as much stress when some computer kid tells you that your stock is overpriced and you need to just order a showroom full of white golfs at under book etc. 

• Like 2

Good Morning All,

I am pleased to confirm that SunMotors.co.uk and Sunday Times Driving.co.uk are now included in the Motors.co.uk Network. For those dealers already advertising on Sun Motors and Sunday Times Driving sites, you will ceased to be billed by News UK from December and they will be included in your current Motors.co.uk subscription at no additional cost.

This is one of a number of projects that we are working on to drive additional value for our dealers and we will update you on further developments soon.

Enjoy!

Kind Regards

Andy Coulthurst

Managing Director

Motors.co.uk

Well after 2 weeks, no leads from Motors at all. Quite a few from Autotrader and a few from Ebay.

I'm really not keen on the Autoedit sytem. I can not see any way on there to see how many page views each car has had etc?

Just had a message from Andy who is investigating. You wouldn't get that from Autotrader! Or if you did, you'de probally have to wait weeks for a response lol

Ken you need to use the "EYE"

From the dashboard go to useful links on the right and motors tracking response link. (I'm using the current Beta autoedit)

• Like 1

Would love to see Motor's put their money where there mouth is................I'm a nailed on Autotrader customer and it works for me (at a cost). I've seen and heard over the years how other are going to come and take a market share but have yet to see one last the pace. Would love to see a company like Motor's with all their talk offer to get paid on results rather then take my money and deliver nothing.

Mr Andy Coulthurst, lets see you back your product !!!

Gavin I use Motors and have stuck with them through lean times as they built up to compete against AT, we are now at a point where e bay, motors.co.uk, AA Cars and exchange and mart  combined are giving us as many sales as AT were for less than a third of the price, I hope more dealers keep supporting these other sites and help them build on their success, they are actually nice people to deal with which is a refreshing change from the arrogance that AT has towards the trade. The job is  tough at the minute even for people advertising on AT so immediate results are not going to be obvious but I look forward to the future with serious competition for Auto Trader. 

• Like 1

Ken you need to use the "EYE"

From the dashboard go to useful links on the right and motors tracking response link. (I'm using the current Beta autoedit)

One of their Reps called us this morning! Big thanks to Andy Coulthurst for bending over backwards to try and help us out. VERY impressed with the whole outfit. We just need to generate some sales from it now :)

• Like 1

Id love to start advertising with Motors......if only they'd ring me back!!  :lol:  :D  :lol:

Got a feeling they may now ;) Hope you get it sorted!

Thanks Ken

Happy to help, we could do with the calendar doing its bit also and fast forwarding to January (bah humbug!)

@ RandomJord, I believe you are sorted now? apologies for the breakdown in communication.

We are doing everything we can to help our dealers sell more cars, we have been on TV every month this year , just about to shoot new TV commercials for 2015 and significantly investing in extending the network - Carsite. AutoVillage etc. in July and Sun Motors/Sunday Times this month added to Parkers etc., plus Google, Radio, Digital outdoor....

Regards

Andy

• Like 1

Just had another call from Motors with more help out of the blue! VERY impressed Andy! Thanks again for your help and effort. Great customer service.

Take note Autotrader, this is how you SHOULD look after your customers.

Thanks Ken

Happy to help, we could do with the calendar doing its bit also and fast forwarding to January (bah humbug!)

@ RandomJord, I believe you are sorted now? apologies for the breakdown in communication.

We are doing everything we can to help our dealers sell more cars, we have been on TV every month this year , just about to shoot new TV commercials for 2015 and significantly investing in extending the network - Carsite. AutoVillage etc. in July and Sun Motors/Sunday Times this month added to Parkers etc., plus Google, Radio, Digital outdoor....

Regards

Andy

Motors.co.uk should enter the 2015 BTCC, i don't mind giving up some weekends to drive for them, and surely they can locate a suitable car, or 3 just incase i have a bump, James Baggott will sponsor us tyres i'd guess, Ok whens the first round