williamblackshaw

Whos made the swap from Autotrader to Motors then?

Sorry to report that I'm parting company with Motors and going back over to the dark side. I really wanted it to work and in terms of what it costs, it does give value and has done for the 3 months I've been on it but it's not doing anywhere near  the business that AT does. Therefore I see little point in being on 3 platforms with 3 monthly dd's as I'm never going to get rid of ebay so sadly Motors has to go. And it is sad because I desperately wanted Motors to work for the obvious reasons and because they are nice people to do business with, a hybrid of the two companies would be utopia.

Like many I guess I've had plenty of beef with AT, thankfully the meeting I had with them today was very positive, so whilst I'm gutted to be eating a bit of humble pie, it's given me a clarity of thought that can only come through a first hand experience and I'm now  glad to put my advertising conundrum to bed.

You have to do whats right, we are getting great response from motors, we did try autotrader with PAYG adverts but haven't done anything.  

• Like 1

Sadly 2 months in, 1 lead, low traffic, no account manager visit, 2 months down,  2 months to go, and what really really cheeses me off, drill into one of our paid for adverts and you have Arnold Clark web banners all over.

2 months into using Motor's, a few leads but not 1 firm sale as yet. In footballing terms I guess Autotrader are Man United, hated by many but get results whilst Motor's are Hartlepool Utd, a good result now and again but large un-noticed by the masses. 

• Like 1

Sorry to say Motors has not worked out for us at all. We'll be cancelling it on Monday. In 3 months we've had one lead only and zero sales. We have been verybusy too this month with leads from Ebay and Autotrader. It's a shame because I have been very impressed with everything else.

A real shame, maybe in another 5 years or so they might make it up there in the public mind, but I feel they need an advantage or a gimmick over AT, free ads might have been a good start

In the process of dropping Motor's, 3 months and £700 spend, no sales. 

I wonder how the cancellation team will try and try me ZERO sales for £700 is good for my business !!!  Now £700 spent with AT would have got me at least 5 sales if not 10 !!!!

I've got my final month to go then i've finished, sadly 3 months in, 1 lead, no sales, not even a visit from an account manager, and the one that really bugs me, Arnold Clark banners showing whilst in our vehicle details page, a shame as they have the stuff in place, just need to remove Arnold Clark and advertise more and could be on to a winner