grant8064

March 2017 Sales

Nothing sold since the weekend. 

We are never quiet like this to be honest, so its quite dull around here compared to the usual activity.

Even the bargain PX to clear car's are not selling, been checking the phones working and emailing myself to ensure everything is still activated.

We have not done anything differently so I guess just wait it out until things shift the right way again.

Just sold my oldest car in stock - a Vauxhall Tigra, never, ever again!

That deal has just made this month a record month, my best ever month since I started! Not sure what's happened this month, but if only it was like this all the time!!

1 hour ago, Ocsltd said:

Just sold my oldest car in stock - a Vauxhall Tigra, never, ever again!

That deal has just made this month a record month, my best ever month since I started! Not sure what's happened this month, but if only it was like this all the time!!

CONGRATS!

Always nice to hit a record beating month once in a while.

Enquiries are slowly picking up but it's hardly rammo with sales. 

Did manage to shift a Zafira i've had for 14 months though :-)

8 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

CONGRATS!

Always nice to hit a record beating month once in a while.

Enquiries are slowly picking up but it's hardly rammo with sales. 

Did manage to shift a Zafira i've had for 14 months though :-)

Thanks mate, appreciate that!

The good thing about a quite spell, is it's usually followed by a busy spell!! ;)

14 months?!!! Wow! Did you still make a profit? Makes me feel a bit better about the Tigra I've just sold that I'd had for 7 months! :D

15 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

Thanks mate, appreciate that!

The good thing about a quite spell, is it's usually followed by a busy spell!! ;)

14 months?!!! Wow! Did you still make a profit? Makes me feel a bit better about the Tigra I've just sold that I'd had for 7 months! :D

Yer hopefully the busy spell will be today...the weathers beautiful so i'll be quite happy to spend all day wandering the forecourt.

I'd taken the Zaf in chop at silly money so yer there was still profit in it. Not if you take into account the space its been occupying and the 10 cars I could have sold in that time but hey ho! 

14 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Yer hopefully the busy spell will be today...the weathers beautiful so i'll be quite happy to spend all day wandering the forecourt.

I'd taken the Zaf in chop at silly money so yer there was still profit in it. Not if you take into account the space its been occupying and the 10 cars I could have sold in that time but hey ho! 

They'll be queuing up today!! ;)

3 hours ago, tradex said:

Good run this week.:)

Before I was unhappy looking at cars:mellow:.

Now I'm unhappy as I need stock.:mellow:

I'm never happy:)

:lol::lol:

Pleased to report we've picked up as we sold 5 yesterday.

The month is still the worst we've had but at least we're off beans on toast for now. :lol:

Sun's out aswell, which is always good news.

Deposit taken on a Mini Cooper today.. 3 for the month with 6 days to go. Tragic

Blanked today...again.

Had a few walk-ons but my only potential wanted £1000 for his part ex. It booked at £340 but had a faulty EGR with EML showing...he couldn't quite understand why we wouldn't offer the £1000 and do a deal even though he did agree our Zetec S fiesta was the cheapest and cleanest within 50 miles :huh:

Did three handovers and only had one screamer come back twice to complain so right now i'm gonna call that a success.

i know its been said before but saturdays are just nothing these days,the peak time used to be 11.30 where 4 cars would turn up all at once,now its nothing,zilch,only the tumbleweed sweepings to keep me busy,said i wouldn't open saturdays after grimbo, looks like im right,best day now? tuesday afternoons,work that one out,i cant

5 minutes ago, s and b said:

i know its been said before but saturdays are just nothing these days,the peak time used to be 11.30 where 4 cars would turn up all at once,now its nothing,zilch,only the tumbleweed sweepings to keep me busy,said i wouldn't open saturdays after grimbo, looks like im right,best day now? tuesday afternoons,work that one out,i cant

Yes saturdays and dead, week days are the busy ones. 

Fridays used to be my best day

It does seem to be happening more and more that Saturday's are quiet. I had one handover today, but then didn't see a single other sole. There are plenty of other things I could on a Saturday, especially when the sun is shining like today!! I'm seriously tempted to start closing in Saturday's, (I've already reduced my opening times from 10-4), but just know as soon as I do, I'll get a disgruntled phone call asking why I'm not open!! 

I also find that Friday's can be quite manic, and Monday's are quite good dealing days. 

Only problem with closing Saturday's is that someone always wants to collect a car on Saturday's! 

We got 3 on the board today and one yesterday.

turned into an okay month after bad start 

The business has probably changed. 

Mahbe Saturday is not the dealing day it used to be as the public don't need to devote a whole day to traipsing round 32 garages before settling on a car. 

I am still online responding to an email and Facebook messages on cars and with that people can get the info needed anytime. 

We do still tend to sell cars on Saturdays and Sundays. 

Overall it was a quiet Saturday, but we had two booked appointments at 2 o'clock .. Ford Fusion and Audi A4 and both sold. 

Then another couple bought a Astra 5pm a good end to sat. 

Audi A4 was sold after 8 months, agreed to fix slow front wipers problem and refurb all 4 alloys before next Friday 

slow start to this month, there were a few good spells but not consistent enough - hope we can get a good few months in now (desperately needed) not made any prof since Dec 

My Sunday has consisted of a £600 text offer on a £1850 BMW and a broken English £1400 offer on a £2500 Passat 

Edited by MrC

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Sorry but :) that did make chuckle.

Screenshot_2017-03-27-08-23-27_zpstj2g2o

16 hours ago, tradex said:

Only one viewing today on a peachy Panther Black Focus, years ticket, 1 former, full history with cambelt change, proper car.

Wow...oddball couple, old dear and her daughter....said nothing on arriving but a few grunts, banged the f**k out of the sills until I said if she kept that up I might do the same to her car only hers may end up on the road, but with a strained smile.

Test drive was just them whispering to themselves behind their hands....which i found quite rude and a bit spooky.

Got back to site, asked what they thought " that's for us to know and you to find out" erm, right ok.

With that they went off to their car for a chat for quarter of an hour...then drove off without a word.

To be honest I couldn't wait to say goodbye and carry on cleaning my motorbike. 10th car they had viewed since Friday...the alarm rang when they told me that over the phone but just went thru the motions....proper bunny boilers.

Typical Sunday messers....or maybe some of James rejects;)

Cracking post!!!!

Put another on the board yesterday afternoon at 6pm (appointment so bit risky) and one more this morning.

Turning into a decent month now.

^^^ :D

Had a busy day with walk ons...not sure if any will come back but it's nice to see some people!

Done a 12 plate 500 lounge just now from a walk on...62k but as they go it's a minter and drove lovely.

Onwards and upwards

I was out most of today, went to BCA Bedord as desperate for stock! Total of 915 cars going through, I bought.......

One!! :unsure:

Or even BEDFORD!! Won't let me edit it!!

7 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

not you was it?

No but a mate of mine used to put "No overseas buyers" Take that as you will !

On 27/03/2017 at 5:37 PM, Ocsltd said:

I was out most of today, went to BCA Bedord as desperate for stock! Total of 915 cars going through, I bought.......

One!! :unsure:

Or even BEDFORD!! Won't let me edit it!!

BCA Bedford has an 'interesting' vibe, and that's from someone who usually attends BCA Enfield?:D