grant8064

March 2017 Sales

It's a new month to make new sales.

I'll kick off...

...zilch!

Rained, had a test drive on an iQ but they need to 'sell their house' before buying (seriously wtf) and saw one of those regulars we all get that looks at almost every car, asks every question but never buys...or hasn't for the last three months anyway!

Onwards and upwards!

I've had a cracking start to the month!

Sold two vehicles to the same customer today. The wife purchased a Renault Kangoo van to ferry her bike around in, husband spotted a Merc SLK on my website, fell in love with it, and rolled over whilst I tickled his belly. I'll never get two sales as easy as they were!

Both had really good margins in, and to top it off, I'm taking a lovely 63 plate Audi S1 1.4 TFSi in part chop, ready to retail, literally not a stone chip on it, 13k miles, full Audi history, just been serviced by Audi......

If only all deals were like this one! I live for days like today in the motor trade.....

Probably won't sell anything else for the rest of the month now! :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grant8064 said:

It's a new month to make new sales.

I'll kick off...

...zilch!

Rained, had a test drive on an iQ but they need to 'sell their house' before buying (seriously wtf) and saw one of those regulars we all get that looks at almost every car, asks every question but never buys...or hasn't for the last three months anyway!

Onwards and upwards!

Seriously they need to sell there house before committing to an IQ,

what they selling ?   20%ownership in a bloody greenhouse. 

2 today so far.

Little 09 4x4 to local retired couple with a very nice 207 1.4 HDi in swop.

And an appointment from earlier in the week. They drive 3 hours to view a 38k Seat Diesel then after a test drive said can we have ten minutes to think and chat about it. Goes back in my office still no sign after 15 minutes goes outside thinking they are sitting in their car still chatting.....NO SIGN OF ANYBODY...Unbelievable..Drives 3 hours and doesn't even have the courtesy to say I'm not  going to bother...Pulls the car back in puts the price back on and head board....Makes myself a cup of tea..another half an hour passes...said customer pulls up, walks into office says "Ive got the cash from the bank...can I take it now please?"......Happy days:)

Nothing again today...been a very very quiet last week despite being full of really nice varied stock. Ho hum.

Gotta keep repeating the mantra;

It'll come, it'll come, it'll come. :)

Day two and still zero

Got a roll over deal and traded a swapper for what it owes me. Bought 7 though in the last 7 days so aiming for a nice weekend. Got 2 good appointments and by tomorrow all pics done and everything nice and shiny... I'm ahead of last year in both Jan and feb, so i'm happy with that, but already 9 cars behind my 'budget' Must.......try........harder......

1 hour ago, tradex said:

'broken biscuits' and MOT failures...:rolleyes:

:D

Just done another one. Surprisingly quiet though....

Very quiet in Cheshire on the sales front however the garage has been mad busy, Lots of trade work in as there buying anything that looks cheap as the madness down the block seems to be spilling over into march -_-

Just one this week.

2009 Panda base model :unsure: with black bumpers. made hardly anything on it, I bought it for the sub prime pitch but it just doesn't sit right with the other stock. anyhow stuck it out for sale on net and gone.

Have to say though they are alot of car for the money, that 2009 panda with 75k all be it base model was £525 at the block + the bastard tax

5 last week, not a sausage this week. I have been out buying,stock is best i've had, all beauties, my ad views are up 100% but no ones buying off me!! grrrrrrrr I had a mare yesterday too.

1st customer turns up, proper enthusiast, looking at my 2004 cooper S 'project car' that i've spent £££ on making look like a boy racer mobile - leaves the doors open for 20 mins while we chew the fat.... battery flat.... great, boost him, he takes it 1/2 mile up the road and smells burning. Brings it back with what can only be described as a horses tail hanging out of the exhaust, pretty much on fire... by all accounts its the insides of the brand fricking new exhaust coming out. I like a tw4t try to pull it out and burn my hand on the molten lava stuff thats just come out the exhaust. Doh!

2nd one arrives as this is all happening... me wincing as he shakes my hand and nearly makes me cry.. proper car geek guy. All over the 60 plate cooper S thats been in stock 10 minutes. Videoing it, taking pics, amazing car, love it,...... need to speak to the wife... I've already missed one cos of dithering... We agree a deal on his px... I'll call you Tuesday mate. Argghhhh  Pray I sell it to someone else now. 

3rd one arrives just as he's leaving, un announced driven an hour to see my oldest car in stock... light at the end of the tunnel. Guess what, flat tyre and another friggin flat battery, after i'd re valeted it this week, I must have left something on. I feel a right chump. Boost it, Test drive and he leaves the mrs chatting to mine. alls good, we get back, chat figures, loves the car, best one he's seen.... off to think about it. ARGHHHHHHH!

I couldn't close a door this week.

And to top it off, i decided to not have a beer last night, so couldn't even drown my sorrows.

Anyway, todays another day.......

• Like 1

I'm out of the starting blocks with the first one of March sold, in the pissing down rain as well!

Phone is hardly ringing off the hook though.  

Did two on Saturday which was OK. Had a lot more footfall but some of them seriously needed to be certified.

In the nicest possible sense....it's good to know we're not the only ones that have been dead quiet lately!

Another one today!

Unbelievably the couple who bought 2 cars from me last week, rang up earlier saying their daughter is looking for a car and had seen my Ford Fusion on my website.

An hour later the daughter arrives, takes it for a quick spin, says it's ideal for what she wants, I'll take it and pick it up Wednesday when my parents collect the SLK.

Needless to say I'm quite fond of her family! ;)

If only I could find customer's like this every month! Think some flowers and chocs are in order for when they collect, because I'm nice like that. 

14 minutes ago, tradex said:

"If only I could find customer's like this every month! Think some flowers and chocs are in order for when they collect, because I'm nice like that."

nice touchB) 

Thanks. :)

Its really quiet, no enquires and no appointments booked. Better polish up the family silver 

Did a cheapy yesterday but it is also very quiet...only punters about seem to be totally crazy as well

Done 2 this morning, 1 CF24/7 deal that wipes its nose, but its my oldest car in stock and its gone......

Another , car been in stock 6 days and sold full up.

lovely.

I reckon its going to be a good week/end

I've just done another one, another small van. Happy days.

3 hours ago, Mat C said:

wipes its nose, but its my oldest car in stock and its gone......

Always pleasing to get an oldie gone...money in the bank and then try again!